Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Termina's Tower of Babel

3 posts in this topic

Posted

(Just a heads up, this is my first time starting a topic here)

During Link's adventure in Termina in Majora's Mask, we where introduced to the Stone Tower Temple, a massive tower located in Ikana Canyon. It is unique because it can turn upside down (it also mirrors itself). But could there be something else unique? In the Stone Tower there are markings which are none other than the Triforce. Obviously the architects of this tower were aware of the three golden triangles, but who exactly were these architects, and how were they able to build such a tower?

There could be many theories, and I would like to hear all of them. For now, this is my theory:

Long ago, when the Kingdom of Ikana was still a prosperous nation in Termina, the Terminans began worshiping the Four Giants. When contact was established with Hyrule, the Terminans, believing that their Four Giants were more powerful than Hyrule's Three Golden Goddesses, built the Terminan version of the Tower of Babel. With it, they would enter the home of the Goddesses and kill them. But in order to do so, they constructed the Giant's Mask, which they would use to prove that the power of their Giants were better than the power of the Goddesses. But when they almost reached the home of Hyrule's deities, the Goddesses flipped the Stone Tower upside-down, and the portal to the heavens became a portal to hell. The Terminans entered, and were confronted by a mask that was banished there years before. They brought the evil mask back, but they didn't know one thing; the mask would destroy there world. They carved pictures of the mask into their walls and temples. Termina would be destroyed, not by the Goddesses, but by the mask; Majora's Mask.

Posted

Have you read the Stone Tower of Babel theory?

Because I mean, I'm pretty sure that theory is widely accepted, and you don't even provide as much evidence.

Posted

Yes, I read it. And about your last statement, I must say that... Umm.. Yeah, you're right..:ouch: