Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Fangame (Haven't decided on a title)

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Such a Debbie Downer, bro.

Just brainstorm some ideas, bounce it back to some people, get their opinion on them, work it out from there. Start with an overarching theme and then flesh it out from there.

Posted

Do you have an idea for the villain yet?

Posted

Do you have an idea for the villain yet?

Nop.

Well, here are some ideas for gameplay, tell me what you think about them:

-Wall Jumping

-Changing the shield's angle when blocking like in OoT

-Climbing ledges

-An exp system like Zelda 2's

-Fall damage

Posted

Soz for double posting, but:

screenshot4_1.png

Posted

Looks pretty good so far!

This could turn out great!

Posted

Yeah, you need to keep working on this. You could probably just make ganondorf the main villain, and keep the story downplayed like post platformers are. In the end, all you're doing is moving right and saving zelda from ganon. And that's probably all you'll need to know, at that.

Posted

This reminds me of Legend of Princess.... except not good. Although, despite have only one level and 3 bosses (2 sub bosses and 1 major boss) I don't think anything can really compare to how awesome LoP is. You can choose 2 items to use in the game from a list that lets you access different areas, increase the difficulty of play, and explore new ways of killing stuff. Also, the game play is so fast paced and fluid. I strongly suggest that you play it to get an idea of a platforming LoZ done right.

Also, the bosses are pretty puppers. The sub bosses homages to Phantom Ganon and Dark Link, which you can fight in either order, while the major boss is a Gohma homage. Everyone, go play this NOW!

Posted

This reminds me of Legend of Princess.... except not good. Although, despite have only one level and 3 bosses (2 sub bosses and 1 major boss) I don't think anything can really compare to how awesome LoP is. You can choose 2 items to use in the game from a list that lets you access different areas, increase the difficulty of play, and explore new ways of killing stuff. Also, the game play is so fast paced and fluid. I strongly suggest that you play it to get an idea of a platforming LoZ done right.

Also, the bosses are pretty puppers. The sub bosses homages to Phantom Ganon and Dark Link, which you can fight in either order, while the major boss is a Gohma homage. Everyone, go play this NOW!

Holy. Crap.

This game is AWESOME!!!

I can't beat Dark Link T-T

Posted

How do you know it's bad if you haven't even played it, nor have seen anything related to the finished product? o.O

Also, I'm not going to continue on this. I've run out of ideas (Like Strawberry predicted) and I suck at drawing so it would be a big problem since I'd have to rely on other people's sprites/graphics, and those are not always available.

Posted

How do you know it's bad if you haven't even played it, nor have seen anything related to the finished product? o.O

Also, I'm not going to continue on this. I've run out of ideas (Like Strawberry predicted) and I suck at drawing so it would be a big problem since I'd have to rely on other people's sprites/graphics, and those are not always available.

HA!

Posted

What were you actually making this game in though? Just curious if you would release the source so far if it wasn't in GameMaker. :1

Posted

HA!

lol