Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Year Art Final

34 posts in this topic

Posted

LL, for the rest of my life I am going to look at your posts and think I made those posts unless you change your avatar.

So this is what I started working on yesterday around five. A little after midnight I decided I was too exhausted to work, so instead of spending the night in the art building I packed up my stuff and slept in my dorm. First thing in the morning, at around nine, I woke up and went to the art building, where I have been all day. I've only stopped working to get fresh air and to find food. This is what I have so far.

photoon20110507at1952.jpg

ET phone home

photoon20110507at2122.jpg

And here there is colour being spread out through the shelves

photoon20110507at2243.jpg

Oh look the colour purple

photoon20110507at2327.jpg

Oh look more purple

photoon20110508at1208.jpg

Who's got two thumbs and is already sick to shits of the colour purple? (See my next post for the answer!)

Posted

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING.

You should do more arts and then post more arts.

And then do more arts again.

Posted

Who's got two thumbs and is already sick to shits of the colour purple? (See my next post for the answer!)

photoon20110509at0846.jpg

This guuuuuuyyyyyyyyy

I'm making that face again because my mouth was in mid chew while I was eating a blueberry muffin for breakfast which is in no way not a direct reference to Fierce Muffin.

I have not changed clothes in weeks or showered and shaved in days, because ART. Today that will all change.

Maybe.

photoon20110508at1309.jpg

Worked on some of the boxes a little.

photoon20110508at1700.jpg

Look more purple, and I finished some of the boxes on the top shelf.

photoon20110508at1737.jpg

Tasteful purple shadow additions. If you can't read the writing on the boxes, it's because this is mirror image. The final upload will be flipped.

photoon20110508at2143.jpg

I don't know if I made it clear the purple was going to sit under a brown? Shelves aren't purple. They are brown. But purple goes lovely with it when this light is cast on it.

Posted

You make me want to cry.

i have no patience, so unless im forced to sit down and draw an hour a day (ie art class) i scrawl out whatever i feel like.

and even if i *did* sit down an hour a day, i would never ever ever be able to coax pastel to behave like that.

Posted

Okay, so I feel dumb for now realizing that your idea was of like shadow puppets.

Posted

If it means anything, you're not the first person to look at this and get lost on that. You're only the second or third, though, so.

Yesterday was a seventeen hour work day, did I mention that? I worked from ten in the morning to three in the morning. Two thirty, actually, so sixteen and a half, if it makes a difference. I'm writing this before I leave for my final in half an hour, and it's not completely finished. Granted, there's only about three good hours of work left in it, and given how this has about a solid fifty in it right now, I don't think my teacher will mind. The only thing that isn't finished is the monkey, and he'll probably let me slide on that? I actually don't know how he'll react to the monkey only being partially completed. It worries me. But we're not even that far in the photos yet, and I plan to finish this, regardless of the fact that the final is so soon. I'll post the finished version when I have time to finish it(Hopefully this week, maybe tomorrow?).

photoon20110508at2232.jpg

Added more brown, to get a good shelfy feel.

photoon20110509at0026.jpg

Threw some brown on the top, because that's just how I roll.

photoon20110509at0149.jpg

And then I (admittedly rushed) the monopoly box, and I clearly bullshitted the two boxes cut off by the edge of the paper next to it, which you will see in the photo below. Last night at two AM I realized this was either going to be finished by 4:00 tomorrow or it was going to look good. I chose for it to look "finished." He'll understand. We didn't have a lot of time to work on these compared to our other finals, and I know I'm a lot farther along than some other students. This will look completed by comparison!

photoon20110509at0216.jpg

err, I guess the boxes aren't until the next photo. Hurr durr filler comment.

photoon20110509at1229.jpg

This morning I was able to rush in that trimming against the wall, and throw in a little green on the floor before I took a picture as a teaser to you lot.

Posted

benjomans

since when did you need to shave

btw, you might want to put some cast shadow above the top of that there shelf

Posted

benjomans

since when did you need to shave

my lip hairs shut uuuuuuup

Yeah, I'll pick up on the cast shadow. I got a B on the final, which is pretty cool. He said he was mildly disappointed, because it wasn't totally completed by the due date, and because of the hands. The hands were a big player in this, especially because they were finished first, and because they had such strange colours. The colours alone, though debatable, were fine, but they didn't lend themselves very well to the rest of the piece. I don't think I'll change the colours of the hands, namely because of the work that would be involved. Though I might? It depends on how it looks after I go back and fix up the edges of things, and fix the bad boxes on the bottom shelf, and finish the monkey. If I take my time and focus, it would take a summer day's work(Summer work days are very short). I say summer days because summer starts for me this weekend, and I'm not going to use week to finish this, because finals are more important.

I'll post what pictures I have so far, but there wont be a final picture until it's done. Don't worry though, I intend to finish this!

photoon20110509at1303.jpg

photoon20110509at1406.jpg

I guess I forgot to take a shot before I put it away? It was farther along than this when I put it away. I went over the carpet in green again, then mixed red on top of that so it wouldn't look flat. That's not in this picture, though.

photoon20110509at1407.jpg

And then I took a picture of myself because I liked the angle for future reference. I was working in my dorm's hallways this morning. The studio was messy and loaded with art stuff.

Posted

You are doing super pro, pheo.

Also, I feel like your Muffin picture was some sort of hate crime in progress.

Posted

Your teacher is a dick. This is A worthy.

Posted

Nah, he gave me a B because he knows I could have finished it on time if I started sooner. I had him for a class last semester, and my final was unfinished when I turned it in then, too. Only, where here this is only slightly unfinished, back then it wasn't really close at all. And, the hands are big enough of a problem that it's distracting from the rest of the piece. He's not exactly easy to get an A on, but I got two A's out of seven projects, so that's something. For reference, this is one of mine that he considers A worthy.

as_a_courtesy_by_eclipse561-d3ddy03.jpg

I got an A on this and a self portrait I did. This one is pretty noteworthy though, because It ended up not only getting exhibited in my school's foundations art show, but also won "Juror's award," for a noteworthy concept, excellent use of negative space, and solid piece in general.

It's called "Static," if that helps.

Also, here is the original I worked from.

reflection_by_bora.jpg

And then here is a painting of the same picture someone else somewhere in the world because I'm just spamming at this point.

A_Reflection_____by_MiszInsane.jpg

Posted

that girl is like six you paedo

Posted

I just noticed this, but

you actually have really nice hair.

Posted

Pheo's hair?

he just rolls out of bedddd

Posted

lol I don't even brush it anymore