Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gankutsuou

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I watched some of it at the anime club I used to be part of. It was pretty cool, and visual effects were neat. But overall I found them distracting, and I couldn't pay much attention to the plot apart from "It's The Count of Monte Cristo in space". I'll give it another go sometime. It seemed pretty cool, but there were other things on my mind at the time.

I watched some of it at the anime club I used to be part of. It was pretty cool, and visual effects were neat. But overall I found them distracting, and I couldn't pay much attention to the plot apart from "It's The Count of Monte Cristo in space". There were other things on my mind at the time, so I'll give it another go someday.

Posted

Wait, it was in space?

Posted

I'm butting in to suggest it was not literally the count of monte cristo in space, but probably the count of monte cristo with a bunch of crazy stuff going on, like crazy graphics for colour and dream plot devices. "The count of Monte Cristo in space" is just an exaggeration oh my god I'm writing colour with a u I am in runescape withdrawal

Posted

teehee British English :> You're learning not to forget your u's! yayy :>>>

lol it was set in space whatttt this explains everything

Posted

lol, "forgetting" :lol:

Anyway, I've never seen an entire episode dedicated entirely to an epilogue before; does that happen a lot in anime?

Posted

Why were all of you quiet when I briefly entered the stream :(

Well, I entered shortly after you gave up and left, but you didn't even show up for the beginning, then you entered later to slam on the series without even having watched itttttttttttt.

Which I knew would happpppennnnnnnnnnn.

Even if we did talk, you would just remark on things facetiously all the time and distract us from the cool stuff that was happening, or just talk about regular stuff. IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE. And Gankutsuou really demanded your full attention to have coherency. We were all p. confused the first half of the series. We were all in IRC, btw.

When he said it was all a dream, btw, he wasn't being literal. He was talking about life in general. The scene took place in the universe's reality.

Incidentally, yes, Gankutsuou is actually The Count of Monte-Christo in the future. In like, 5000 soemthing. Not much space, really, mostly just the future, in a neo-archaic type of deal, where everyone acts as if it's the 1800s and wears the clothes from that time, but there are things like digital clocks, space ships, interplanetary colonization, etc. You only see space ships like five times throughout the series, though.

And no, Cascada. I was also a bit bored with the characters. So I'm not calling you shallow. The series is based on a twelve hundred page, one hundred seventeen chapter book that was written in the 1800s. It got drawn out sometimes.

Sahaqiel

Posted

What, I never even slammed on the series. Most of what I said, I was probably joking and running my mouth. I still haven't watched this, why would I bother criticizing it, even when It's based off such a well received novel? I jumped in and started commenting on stuff as it went because no one else was there, and I didn't have time to bother with understanding what was going on, because I could only be there for ten minutes tops before I had to get back to work.

Posted

Most of what I said, I was probably joking and running my mouth.

[...]

I jumped in and started commenting on stuff as it went because no one else was there, and I didn't have time to bother with understanding what was going on,

Even if we did talk, you would just remark on things facetiously all the time and distract us from the cool stuff that was happening, or just talk about regular stuff. IT'S HAPPENED BEFORE. And Gankutsuou really demanded your full attention to have coherency. We were all p. confused the first half of the series.