317 posts in this topic

Posted

i came across this in yahoo, and seriously, its about freaking time. People confuse sex and gender a lot, not realizing that because of one (sex) they unconsciously try to cause the other (gender). Seriously: "pink is a giiiiirrrrrrl color" and stupid crap like that.

I guess I rage cuz im not really one or the other, gender-wise. Do i want junk between my legs? no. Do i consider myself to be a girl? not really, no. guy? almost. but still not really.

For anyone that isnt familiar with the origional story, its here

Posted

Where is cascade, she eats this up

Posted

Firstly, that family and that article is awesome as puppy <3 Their children sound like lovely people! Storm is a bit of an iffy name tho imo, Jordan is a nice gender-neutral name :x But I digress. Amazing, progressive family <3

Secondly, yeahhhh gender stereotypes are just, really retarded. I just don't understand them. "Pink is a girl's colour" lol wtf is this. It's a /colour/ I am just not understanding. Society is a gathering of strange people. Stereotyping is just... rubhhghghghghghg and it makes people who do it look like utter ignoramuses (lol felt a bit mean here ^^; ) so why do people do it, I will not know :/

Thirdly, yeah I think everyone on this site knows about my gender hahaha, throwing it in everyone's faces and all. Urghhh, I just don't know what's going to happen in the future regarding it :x

on another note, 'he' as the default gender pronoun bugs the utter shite out of me. Unfortunate Implications are everywhere I guess :C Needs more gender-neutral pronouns.

Oh gosh I feel so ramblyyyyyy

Posted

You're free to think whatever you like. That's fine.

I, myself, think pink is a girl's color, both because I've been conditioned to think so and because pink is a very "cute" color, which is also associated with women.

So what? It doesn't necessarily mean I won't wear pink, because I have before in the past. And I'm secure enough as a man to know that I am still a man, regardless if I wear pink or blue. But I still think it's a pretty color and therefore, more feminine.

It's no mistake that women are associated with beauty, though. Whether you're gay, straight, male, female, asexual, whatever, you have to notice that women are a lot "prettier" than men, while men tend to be more "handsome." It's just the way we're designed.

Posted

on another note, 'he' as the default gender pronoun bugs the utter shite out of me. Unfortunate Implications are everywhere I guess :C Needs more gender-neutral pronouns.

that bugs me too...especially since my default pronoun is "they" as in "a person walks down the street and then /they/ see a dog" :P got me in trouble in my english essays. i still havent fixed it.

gah! also that my parents default relationship question is "have you found a boyfriend?" and they rarely ask if i have a GIRLfriend.

also is that a typo, or do you typically say "shite"?

Posted

gah! also that my parents default relationship question is "have you found a boyfriend?" and they rarely ask if i have a GIRLfriend.

Well, to their credit, you can't make grandbabies with a girl.

Posted

Ahhh Chimetals, I always did that! Use 'they' in essays unless people were obviously he/she. I never got in trouble for it, or marked down etc. It's still valid ?_?

Also shite is actually what I say looool. In my ~horrible~ accent. It's more dramatic =P

Posted

Well, to their credit, you can't make grandbabies with a girl.

if you take the dna from an egg cell and stuff it in a sperm (replacing the origional dna, of course), then stuff that with the partner....its possible, i think. you wont get any boys from it though.

Also shite is actually what I say looool. In my ~horrible~ accent. It's more dramatic =P

somehow....the e makes it cuter.

Posted

if you take the dna from an egg cell and stuff it in a sperm (replacing the origional dna, of course), then stuff that with the partner....its possible, i think. you wont get any boys from it though.

What I'm saying is, you can't do it naturally, without any outside help.

And most people assume other people are straight, unless they are flamboyant (Jared comes to mind) or openly state that they are gay or bisexual. I don't go around going "he's gay. He's straight. She's bi. etc" I just really don't think about it at all unless it's mentioned. And usually gay people are the ones who mention their orientation, for whatever reason.

Posted

Also, I think those parents are bad parents.

"What we noticed is that parents make so many choices for their children. It's obnoxious."

That's exactly what they're doing.

Gender is assigned at birth; it is not a choice. Only by expensive surgery or odd chance (about .033% of the population are hermaphrodites) can you be anything other than what you are; which is a boy or a girl.

You can claim whatever you like, but it doesn't change the way you were designed. I don't know enough about sexual orientation to claim people are born gay or if it is conditioned, and I'm the same way with gender. I don't know enough to be able to claim that people are indefinitely boys or girls. BUT, there is a clear difference between sexual orientation and gender, which are actual, physical, genitals. So if you have a penis, but not a vagina, you are a guy. Get over it, or get a surgery that helps you sleep better at night.

It's almost pointless to debate these things. Society is a game with established rules. If you attempt to change these rules, the majority of the time you don't change the rules of the game at all, you just get left out of the game.

Posted

Clark is the life of the party.

Posted

I like this article, but Clark brought up a good point.

The gender they're born with is definite. You can't change it. All they're doing is letting the children do whatever they want without rules, and letting them be crossdressers. They don't know what they want at their age, they're small!

When they eventually grow up, and they decide to use the girls bathroom when they were actually a boy (Or vice-versa) all that will happen is that they will get bullied.

Posted

I am pretty sure that the baby will notice that it has a dick or whatever and go to the right toilet, Jared.

No harm in being gender neutral while you're little.

And then it'll get older and be like "Oh man green is awesome I want to wear green because it's the colour of my favourite cartoon character"

I always thought it'd be cool to teach a baby that black colours are good colours and light colours are bad. Red is purity green is corruption.

Mice are evil, crocodiles are funny.

Posted

I think this is screwing up a baby. A baby can't decide what is right or wrong. It knows nothing. The baby doesn't know the implications of any of its choices. It needs to get accustomed to the world.

I think people who don't like their gender and they try to change it do this for their own reasons, based on their individual experiences, desires or goals. It's not smart to do that to a baby. Parents would probably have their children taken away from them if at every meal they said, "Okay, what do you want? Candy or vegetables?"

It's not my business what "Storm" chooses to do later on in life. I feel like you have to learn the customs of society and stuff and THEN you can decide what is best for you. This is just trying to be progressive for the sake of being progressive. The baby will not remember what it wore when it was a newborn. This is not for the baby, this is so they can have their 15 minutes of fame.

Also, was this Seattle, San Fransisco or Boston? I have nothing against trans-gender people, but these parents are puppying idiots.

Could not have said this better.

Posted

Did these idiot parents ever consider that their son Jazz's (who the hell names their kid Jazz?) "intense experiences" with gender might be the result of their pathetic attempt at gender-neutral parenting. The kids will have plenty of time to make their own decisions when they are adults. In the mean time, they need direction, something these spineless wusses are obviously incapable of giving.