317 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah let's take their kids away and give them to the better parents.

Like those parents who beat their kids, who cares if their kids are bruised and crying, at least they're wearing the right colours.

Posted

Yeah let's take their kids away and give them to the better parents.

Like those parents who beat their kids, who cares if their kids are bruised and crying, at least they're wearing the right colours.

Sounds like a plan. Abuse builds character.

Posted

Sounds like a plan. Abuse builds character.

Do you know how many famous people were abused as kids? Some of them.

Abuse builds character.

Characters build countries.

Countries build heroes.

Heroes build abuse.

Posted

Oh jeegus, ummmm....theres a huge misconception here....

gender doesnt always mean sex....in a sociological perspective, it refers to gender roles, the way your culture believes males/females "should" act. basically instead of teaching girls they have to play with dolls and boys with trucks, these parents are going to let their kid grow up with both, and with no outside influence from others, as far as being male or female (since no matter how much the parents remain neutral, anyone else interacting with their children would treat them very differently if it was a boy or a girl)

that said, Jazz *is* kainda unusual for a name, and growing up an "it/X" might have a whole other gender influence/peer nightmare.....but then again, the kids are homeschooled so idk >.>

Posted

Yes, locking your children away from the world is very good for their development and growth. These parents are dumbasses.

Precisely. Using your own children for a silly social experiment is asking for a lot of mental confusion and problems a lot later on in life. God, these poor children. They're technically not doing anything wrong to the kids, but children need to learn what societal norms are. By growth and development, then they can decide how they feel. It's called developing a personality? These parents are assuming that their kids innately know what they want. Babies need to learn - nature vs. nurture, when the truth lies that both nature and nurture play equally significant parts in a child's growth.

This was kind of sickening to read.

Posted

gender doesnt always mean sex....in a sociological perspective, it refers to gender roles, the way your culture believes males/females "should" act. basically instead of teaching girls they have to play with dolls and boys with trucks, these parents are going to let their kid grow up with both, and with no outside influence from others.

Funny you should mention this. All the tests they have done on babies, both human babies and chimps, result in the majority of the boys migrating to the trucks and the majority of the girls migrating to the dolls. And by majority I mean literally almost all of them.

It's okay, I guess, to want to give people choice. I mean, we're designed with free will. But these parents, and most of these kinds of people in general, aren't exactly fair. They WANT their kid to be different so that they can love them. I'd feel really bad if that boy grows up to be a normal, healthy boy who loves trucks, guns, and women. Or a girl that grows up loving dolls, pink, and men. They'd flip shit.

Posted

The funniest thing about this is the way you're all reacting.

The second funniest thing is the actual story.

Posted

Gender is assigned at birth; it is not a choice. Only by expensive surgery or odd chance (about .033% of the population are hermaphrodites) can you be anything other than what you are; which is a boy or a girl.

You can claim whatever you like, but it doesn't change the way you were designed. I don't know enough about sexual orientation to claim people are born gay or if it is conditioned, and I'm the same way with gender. I don't know enough to be able to claim that people are indefinitely boys or girls. BUT, there is a clear difference between sexual orientation and gender, which are actual, physical, genitals. So if you have a penis, but not a vagina, you are a guy. Get over it, or get a surgery that helps you sleep better at night.

It's almost pointless to debate these things. Society is a game with established rules. If you attempt to change these rules, the majority of the time you don't change the rules of the game at all, you just get left out of the game.

ahahaha what did I read. I was just going to not bother at first, because I hate debating with people. But you've really pissed me off. I'm not going to sit back and let this... ignorance fly by me anymore. Even with the inevitable insulting responses I'll get from /certain/ people hurrrr, or people losing respect for me, or being called an oversensitive freak or whatever, I don't care anymore.

No you twat, gender does not equal sex. They're different. SEX is assigned at birth. Sex = your genes, chromosomes, genitals and stuff. Gender = your identity, part of your personality, your conceptions of gender ideas. So please use the correct term. Sexual orientation isn't even the same thing as gender oh my /god/. It has /nothing/ to do with gender identity. inb4 you assume all transsexuals are heterosexual when they transition.

Wow your attitude sickens me. How dare you make transgenderism sound so puppying simple. As if surgery is just a simple hour procedure that instantly solves all of your problems. Or if you can't afford surgery, "get over it". You're horrible. And making assumptions about other people. Have you never heard of people who don't get surgery, but still live as the other gender? So what if a transwoman still has a dick, she is still a WOMAN. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. Not all transpeople want surgery really. This doesn't make it set that they're their biological sex. Stop being so demeaning.

And wow, this is just the worst thing I've ever heard.

"It's almost pointless to debate these things. Society is a game with established rules. If you attempt to change these rules, the majority of the time you don't change the rules of the game at all, you just get left out of the game."

So, basically, you're saying why bother fighting for change? Why can't everyone just be like me and not give a damn. They're not going to get anything changed. This is the WORST attitude ever. By this awful logic, nothing would ever change. "MEH IT'S ALL WE'VE KNOWN, WHY CHANGE ANYTHING" lol puppy this, stop being so utilitarianistic. Just because the majority of people aren't affected, the minority should just suffer quietly then? Can you just not see the problem with that? EVERYONE deserves to be happy and treated equally in our society. NOBODY should be excluded because they're different. I honestly want to believe that's not what you were trying to convey with that, but I really don't see what else you would be saying.

I don't even give a shit about the damn baby anymore, I am just honestly disgusted at this. I am so puppying tired of gender assumptions, gender roles and all that utter tripe. I was just really offended at this. I just hate this topic now. I hate being angry at people on here. I hate not being to stay calm at a radically different opinion.

Btw, you can refer to me as a 'he' now, since that's what you believe clearly.

Posted

i have never seen cas this pissed. Poor girl....

Yes, locking your children away from the world is very good for their development and growth. These parents are dumbasses.

my cousins are actually homeschooled, they interact with others, and other than being stupidly-christian (cuz their parents raised them on creationism rather than science) theyre normal. they swear, they expose themselves to the exact stuff their parents dont want them too, ect. homeschooled=/=locked in a closet.

Posted

Like I said Cascade, you're free to think whatever you want, and that's fine.

I try not to step on toes as much as I did when I first joined, but disagreements are going to arise eventually anywhere "serious discussions" are concerned.

I know you feel strongly about this topic, and I'm sorry you took offense to what I said, but the name calling is a bit much. Your point loses a bit of creditability anytime you fly off the handle; I've learned that the hard way.

I was being overly blunt, but society, and people like me, aren't ready to accept transgendered people as a different classification of gender. I believe gender roles are the main reason for this, and I'm not so sure redefining what the entire world has established since the beginning of man is a good thing. Maybe one day, but for now I'm convinced that we're better off having rules and restrictions than saying "do what you want" to everything and throwing gender and, with it, marriage laws out the window. I think more people would end up confused about who they are.

You should stand up for what you believe in, and if you are mistreated, say so. But I don't think I've ever once talked down to you or hurt you intentionally about this subject or any other. Correct me if I am wrong. I will refer to you as "she" if you prefer, because it makes you happy. Otherwise, I feel you are a "he" who wants to be a "she" and feels hurt that others don't see you as only a "she" and that's understandable.

Be who you want to be, if it's what you believe is right, and I will respect that. Just please offer me the same courtesy.

Posted

It upsets me... It upsets me that this is even an issue in our society that many of us so proudly call "advanced." I can't say anything and know directly from experience but I do know that transgenders go through so much unnecessary torture from other people. Freaking people need to let up and mind their own business. They're only scared of something they don't understand and immediately translate that fear into hatred. I have a friend and he can't even go out confident of himself because the environment he's in is so close-minded that he risks being killed if he says anything about the matter. Even on the internet where a lot more people can be more expressive of themselves... IT MAKES ME MAD. It doesn't even disrupt THEIR lives so why should THEY disrupt other people's lives?! It's stupid! Unnecessary!

On another note, the gender stereotypes...Those are really frustrating. Skirts are so girly blah blah BLAH! I'll admit it, I don't like pink (too sweet >.<) but it's still not an issue because I'll still wear it (a nice pink). I don't care what people say about girly, un-girly, un-cute or whatever! I'LL WEAR IT BECAUSE I WANT TO WEAR IT!! I think people are limiting themselves too much because something's "girly" or "boyish." I hate it when people go "I'm not into girly things like that." HATE IT. Just because it's girly. PAH! I wear things because I think it's cute and I like cute! I expend the effort because I want to!

SCREW STEREOTYPES!

SCREW XENOPHOBES!

SCREW SOCIETY!

I'll do something because I want to and no one can stop me because it's not affecting them!

THEY'RE TELLING ME IT'S A FREE COUNTRY SO I'M GONNA BE FREE IN A FREE COUNTRY!

FREEDOM!

(P.S. I'm pretty sure this was an ongoing issue since ancient times and to say that "it's too soon" is a bit much. In any case, I think it's important to realize that some of the actions of others are infringing on certain group's human rights:

"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood"-U.N. Declaration of Human Rights

It's the first article in the U.N. Declaration of human rights and it's one of the main problem's as far as societal conventions go. The Declaration of Human Rights is not necessarily a set of laws or anything but I think it's an important document because it means that there ARE people who recognize this as something worth putting down on paper.)

(P.P.S. I'm sorry that was a long P.S. but I felt the need to shove it there.)

Posted

At least it's not like there's no progress at all anywhere.

I see men wearing pink.

So

Posted

...I wonder why it's such an issue that men wear pink when girls wear about every color under the sun...

Why IS that?

Did you know? The whole blue and pink thing started in ancient times when boys were considered more "important." Blue was supposed to protect them from evil spirits that tried to spirit them away. :D

I will NEVER be spirited away!

Posted

I will NEVER be spirited away!

You should watch it though if you haven't already.

Posted

I have! :D I think it's one of my favorites. I own a copy XD