317 posts in this topic

Posted

No one is saying a colour defines whether you are a guy or a girl. But gender is most definitely not defined by whats in your pants.

Posted

Your sexual orientation is. Maybe I should edit my post to say that instead. Still, these kids parents are weird.

There I fixed it. Are you happy now? Or am I too young to understand this topic too? >_>

Also, I was mentioning the color thing because it is obviously in the first post of this thread.

Gender is male and female. Male and female applies to your sex. The thing in your pants, as far as I am concerned.

Posted

This isn't about sexual orientation.

Posted

I act like a boy. But I'm not going to go all stupid and say MY GENDER IS MALE because it isn't. I have a vagina >_>

And if it isn't about sexual orientation why did you rag me about what I said about Gender? Its my opinion, if you don't like it don't make it out like what you are saying is fact. I'm a female. That's my gender. It doesn't matter if I act like Martin Riggs or not. I'm biologically female. Thus the gender is applied. Now if I had gender identity crisis. That is a totally different can of beans. I understand gender can be "applied" to both sexes but, sex, gender, both of mine are female even if I don't want them to be.

Sure, it is awesome that some people can say they have a male gender when their sex is in fact female. But, I don't agree with it >_>

If someone else wants to tell me I belong to the male gender, fine, but I wont believe it.

What I mean is, I could easily identify as a male but, a doctor is still going to tell me my GENDER and he will use the word, is female. That is really my only point. Agree to disagree.

Posted

You've gotten the roles mixed up. Firstly, sexual orientation has nothing to do with this because you don't need to be a girl to like guys, or vice versa.

Secondly, SEX is what you mean when you talk about being a girl because you are biologically female. GENDER is what you are because of your characteristics, such as femininity versus masculinity. A person can have female characteristics while still being biologically a male. Many of these people get their bodies changed so they feel fully female, or vice versa.

For example, I'm a man. But if I felt I was a woman, I could identify my gender as a woman. My sex would still be male, but even thats changeable these days.

What this couple is trying to do is to let their children decide on their own gender. And thats completely fine. My only problem with this is that I don't know how well children can choose these things.

Posted

Yeah. GP, you had the right ideas, but the wrong terms.

Posted

It IS a kinda too much saying they don't want to force decisions on their kids and then practically deciding for baby Storm to be in this kind of lifestyle.

Posted

Babies can't make rational decisions.

Though, obviously, these parents can't either so Storm was puppyed to begin with. What an ironic name.

Posted

Well the whole thing has caused a shitstorm so I guess it works.

Also, I'm pretty sure kids decide what the like regardless of the colour stuff. Like boys will play with dolls if they want and girls will be interested in cars or whatever if they want. All parents have to do is encourage it.

I mean it's like, the stereotype is the huge puppying boss at the end of the movie you can't fight alone. So you're better off rallying the people so you have enough to take it down. Teach your kids to influence their friends to teach their kids to not give a puppy. Which is what I'm thinking.

And what has probably already been mentioned lol

lol.

Posted

Not only that, but bullies in school.

Posted

I act like a boy. But I'm not going to go all stupid and say MY GENDER IS MALE because it isn't. I have a vagina >_>

If someone else wants to tell me I belong to the male gender, fine, but I wont believe it.

What I mean is, I could easily identify as a male but, a doctor is still going to tell me my GENDER and he will use the word, is female. That is really my only point. Agree to disagree.

the problem with the gender does or does not = whats in your pants debate is the fact it can be both, depending on context. in this thread, its used as "what social role youre in" aka, more masculine or feminine. if you consider yourself female gender, then youre female. tomboyish/masculine female, but youre still a female, as long as you identify as such. i have the same equipment in my pants, but i prefer to think of myself as gender neutral, as i dont really consider myself a girl or a guy, since i have social qualities of both. also gender has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

the doctor would tell you your biological sex. but yes, they could use the *word* gender.

Posted

I know I said all the anti-harrasment stuff earlier and I stanf by it but... Upon further analysis, they're supposed to decide a lot of things for their kids. It's called parenting.

This is the part where I hopefully stop beating this topic to death.

Posted

Gender is based on what you have: a penis or a vagina.

Parents can try to say otherwise, but not only does it make them look like total and absolute puppytards, but it humiliates their kids and ruins their lives.

FFS people are stupid.

Posted

Yoshia, tell me how in the world I'm supposed to know you want to be considered gender neutral if I met you on the street, short of you telling me.

Posted

you cant. at least, i think it would be really really hard, kainda like trying to see if a random stranger walking by is bisexual. its more like something people decide for themselves, imo, and thats just how they identify themselves. there isnt really a physical "gender neutral" (excluding hermaphrodite) nor is there a surgery to become "thirdsex" or anything like that. ive also never heard of a gender neutral pride parade.

i think, honestly, its more of a "im not category A and im not category B....gonna go make a category C w all the other people that feel the same" kind of deal, since as humans we want to cubby-hole everything into organized categories, and if we dont fit into eithier, we want to make another.