Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Tekkonkinkreet might be my favourite anime movie now.

I mean god damn.

It's just so pretty all of the time ;;

And I love all of the characters

And just defldn;rlnvlf

VnIfJ.png

Posted

But yeah here's the first ten minutes of the movie.

Posted

Well I've watched a lot of anime since ever. I usually watch anime with my friend though.

Anime's I've already watched.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2

Darker than Black

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Special (Also known as Darker Than Black episode 26.)

Dragon Ball

Elfen Lied

Lucky Star + the OVA

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Both seasons)

I'm currently watching

Spice and Wolf

Inuyasha (Which I'm watching with the girl I like because she said I'd like it.)

Anyway so far my favorite of all of them I've watched so far is Darker Than Black or Elfen Lied.

Posted

If you liked the Elfen Lied anime, you should read the manga. The anime only reaches about the halfway point in the manga, the manga properly resolves the story.

Posted

I was planing on it, but another one of my friends from school said it was just like the anime so it was no use. Though I'll most likly read it now. It gives me something to do.

Posted

Darker than Black is on my list of "need to watch."

Posted

I'm probably going to get the Tekkon Kinkreet manga. Reviews rated the movie down based on the manga for some legit sounding reasons. I am totally willing to ruin the movie for myself by reading the manga. Kind of happened when I read Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, which is just so much better than the movie. The movie's just a significantly shorter remix of the manga. It's still good but just not as much.

Posted

I was planing on it, but another one of my friends from school said it was just like the anime so it was no use. Though I'll most likly read it now. It gives me something to do.

Your friend from school has no idea what he is talking about. Even during the parts of the manga that the anime follows, there are huge differences. Lucy's escape from the lab is different, Lucy's backstory is more expansive, and the big fight with Mariko is waaaaay better than it was in the anime. And then the second half of the manga kicks in, and takes the plot into high gear.

Posted

Eh. Should've figured he'd hog it for himself. He's trying to make it so I won't read Love Hina because he loves it so much. I plan on reading it eventually.

Posted

Oh, if you like Love Hina, you should read Ken Akamutsu's next series, Mahou Sensei Negima. They've just re-released the first three volumes in a big omnibus in the States.

Posted

Onto volume 2 of Black & White now.

I think I might take a break (probably not)

Also, loading first episode of Ao no Exorcist, since I think I saw it's name mentioned somewhere?

Impressions afterwards maybe.

Posted

Well I've watched a lot of anime since ever. I usually watch anime with my friend though.

Anime's I've already watched.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2

Darker than Black

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Special (Also known as Darker Than Black episode 26.)

Dragon Ball

Elfen Lied

Lucky Star + the OVA

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Both seasons)

I'm currently watching

Spice and Wolf

Inuyasha (Which I'm watching with the girl I like because she said I'd like it.)

Anyway so far my favorite of all of them I've watched so far is Darker Than Black or Elfen Lied.

: (

Why.

Posted

What?

Posted

I think Muffin believes you need more variety in what you watch. Either that or its directed at InuYasha specifically. xD

I will be so happy when exams are over and done with: I'm going to just marathon shows for a week after that. <3

@Sideli: Lemme know how Ao no Exorcist is: I've been considering checking that one out.

Posted

Watched the first episode. It seems pretty cool. Might be a generic kind of anime though to anybody else with more experience (it's all devils and exorcists and demons). Might as well check it out to see what you think <: