Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

also what are you using for the gif making

Posted

Then use Adobe ImageReady to put them all together.

Posted

k

except i cant find that, since it doesnt exist anymore?!??!

Posted

I got it with a torrent of Photoshop CS2 I think. Came as part of the whole package, but I only use it.

tumblr_m0dfm0YSBs1qdek7mo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0dfm0YSBs1qdek7mo2_500.gif

It's all working out!

Used this to resolve some DVD screencapping ussies I ran into.

http://icon-tutorial.livejournal.com/11278430.html

Only have Sky Crawlers on DVD, so I overcame them to make these two.

Posted

Planetes is the greatest show

IQe3O.gif

its about garbage collectors in space

Posted

I'm quite new to Anime. My friends have been telling me to watch it for a while, but I never got to it. Then, my school library started loaning out manga, and I saw One Piece, one of the series my friends told me about, and took it out. I finished the second volume yesterday. I also reserved the 1st volume of Bleach. I have been told to avoid Naruto, it is one of the most popular, but it is really bad, just like Justin Bieber ;) (No offence if you read this Justin!) Anyway, this thread is about anime, not manga. So I want to watch the same series as I read: One Piece and Bleach. However, I have 536 (!!!!) episodes of One Piece to catch up on and 366 (!!) Bleach to catch up on. Before I start spending a LOT of time reading/watching Anime, are these the series you think I should watch?

i can understand why people get into naruto, as i was allllllllllmost into it. but then the anime came out, and i met one of /those/ people and it turned me off of the series. basically a lot of scary fans in there, and ive heard some theories that the mangaka started catering to the fans rather than making the story independent of the fanbase. idk.

i saw some of one piece as a kid, it wasnt bad, i rather liked it, but i watched the 4kids dub, so yeah. i guess if youre gonna watch it, watch the japanese version, or some non-4kids version. its just too long for me to want to pick up, like the others.

bleach just wasnt my thing. my favorite character was kon, so when the plot moved past that........

there are a lot of smaller series that ive liked more, but youre gonna have to shotgun-approach anime to find out what you like. atm, it sounds like your friends like the basic shounen set-up, which means they probably watch anime from adult swim, im guessing.

personally, id throw down with trigun, cowboy bebop, rave master (japanese dub--they have the most amazing screaming in the japanese version), planetes, scryed, and baccano, based on your friends tastes. if you decide you like less-actiony shows, maybe something more mental, go for tatami galaxy, sayounara zetsubou sensei......im blanking on any more that ive seen :/

if you wanna try something kinky, then emu emu! (aka MM!) is where its at, but not if you dont know what a masochist is. and you should probably watch some more lesser-known shows in case you get weirded out by that one. and if you give it a try, watch at least the first three episodes. dont let ep 1 turn you off with the main characters......expression :< 1-3 is a story arc, and just...so much respect after episode three.

Posted

Errmm... what's a story arc? Is it where it goes off the story line?

Posted

Well an arc is a piece of a plotline in a show, so I assume that Tarou means episodes 1 - 3 are nice, wholesome episodes with good story; after that its junk unrelated to the story.

I basically started watching the Bleach anime back in 2007 and was dedicated to watching it since, so I'm caught up to episode 362. However the problem with the anime (to most people) is that it has filler arcs. That basically means stories in the anime that never happened in the manga. These filler arcs are created in the anime so that more chapters of the manga can release in that time; in short, it fills up space until they can get back to animating the plotline of the manga.

I find the show enjoyable, but it definitely has its flaws. Besides, its really not worth it since Bleach's show is ending in like 5 episodes while the manga is continuing for another year. The anime will probably have a different ending.

With that being said, once Bleach is done animated, I'll probably go on to read the manga. (However my two cents on the subject is that Bleach is just going on a break until the manga finishes. Obviously the show's not making a lot of money anymore, but with one final arc left in the manga... it'd be pretty ridiculous to not animate that when the opportunity arises, you know? So yeah. I think its just a long break instead of a full-out ending).

But it could also just be my inner blubbering fan in denial of seeing no more Renji animated.

But if you do watch it, you get this nice theme music playing every time Ichigo does something godhax.

Posted

Just had a huge go at a bunch of Welcome to the Space Show gifs too.

tumblr_m0eagsMlHj1qdek7mo1_500.gif

Having way too much fun <:

Made a great pair of photosets of the birth of a star in the movie too.

The birth: http://tetokolpian.tumblr.com/post/18776517217/welcome-to-the-space-show-2010

Character's witnessing it: http://tetokolpian.tumblr.com/post/18775090283/welcome-to-the-space-show-2010

Both parts look so great. So spaceeey

Posted

Errmm... what's a story arc? Is it where it goes off the story line?

basically, a story arc is kainda a mini story within the series. it usually goes something like this:

oh no, theres a problem!-->lets try fixing the problem!-->nooooo more problems!-->suddenly, a solution that works!-->everyone is happy, life goes on.

its got an exposition, climax, and resolution separate from the "main point" of a show.

the series is one story, then theres usually a sub-story (journey to go get some medallion youre gonna need for something else, etc) that takes a nice fat chunk of episodes (how many depends on the length of the series) and even within that story, are shorter "arcs", which are more like episodic bits....sometimes stretched over 2-5 episodes. it really depends on how many scene changes there are per episode, how much screaming, how much buildup, etc.

ex: yugioh starts off with a tournament to save yugis grandpa. the tournament is just an arc, and within it are many duels against other characters, each sucking up several episodes.

Posted

Chimetals, I'm sorry. So. Very. Sorry.

I really couldn't stop them even if I wanted to. I didn't even want to.

You are, officially, 10 to 11 episodes behind.

Posted

A story arc is a self contained section of plot that makes up a part of a whole story, but doesn't necessarily affect the whole thing.

Let's take Mononoke for example. It's 15 episodes altogether. Instead of a beginning, middle, and end being distributed amongst the 15 episodes, it goes in five three-episode arcs. So they deal with one problem in three episodes, then they deal with another for the next three episodes. Each three episode arc has a beginning, middle, and end, but it comprises a whole series regardless, rather than each arc being a part of a different series.

Posted

Or in all shows really. Not just anime.

Like Glee, where you have Kurt's "boo hoo I'm coming out" arc, "boo hoo I'm being bullied" arc, "boo hoo I'm lonely" arc, and "woo hoo I have a bf" arc. All within two mindnumbing seasons.

Though the main plot of LET'S WIN isn't really all that affected by these things.

Posted

squid my foul moods. Started watching Mononoke again. How could I ever not want to watch this?