Posted

tumblr_lyqvcwMpN81qajnfno1_1280.jpg

kind of creepy

Posted

708px-Six-fingered_Homura.jpg?20110422185148

Also her right eye looks dumb.

Posted

Tsuritama episode 10

So if I got that right, Ayumi just died in an explosion, along with all the fishing equipment.

good night sweet prince :c

Posted

BERSERK MANGA SPOILERS:

gi8Ty.jpg

Nigga squid yo majoka Schierke is queen of adorbs

In other news I've been taking screens for reaction photos

wOXGS.png

fBvOK.png

pSQtL.png

WSP1N.png

Posted

Madoka? More like, Ma-joke-a!

Nigga squid yo majoka Schierke is queen of adorbs

Why would you use that joke twice

T1g and Teto like this

Posted

Majoka is how I refer to pink hair. Homer is also how I refer to black hair.

Posted

Oh, and because I didn't mention it before, I'm onto episode five of Steins;Gate. It's good so far, though confusing with all the mystery and whatnot.

Posted

i love those reaction photos. sweet jeegus yes.

so i got suckered into buying the kore wa zombie desu ka light novels.......they came with things. but im gonna slowly translate/read them. the translations wont be written down so much as a bunch of words jotted down in a notebook for future reference.

Posted

Wow, I can't even imagine trying to read a light novel in Japanese right now. I'm having a hard enough time trying to read the Japanese Rozen Maiden volume I got a while back because it was the only Japanese manga I could find for a reasonable price. Mainly because I have to keep looking up words and have trouble wrapping my brain around the occasional oddly constructed sentence.

Posted

yeah, i forgot to mention my thoughts 2/3 through the first page were, "ayumu, what the HELL are you saying?! where are all these verbs supposed to go, huh?!"

but anyway, translation example:

(original) 俺がこの高校に入って、初めての夏がやってきた。

(romaji) ore ga kono koukou ni haitte, hajimete no natsu ga yatte kita.

(rough) I [subject] this high school to enter first [possessive] summer [subject] [?????] come/came(?)

(translated?) The first summer after I got into (came into) this high school (heres where that yatte kita would come in, but google is giving me something weird for it, and my more reliable dictionary cant understand conjugated words, and theres no kanji to get a hint off of. so atm, this really doesnt look like a sentence to me)

also, stumbled across this:

QB20.jpg

Posted

I think "yatte kita", assuming I'm correct in thinking it's the -te form of yaru followed by the -ta form of kuru, in that context means "did up until now" or rather "attended up until now" or just "have been attending".

My avatar's Kyubey is stronger :3

Oh, if you have an iDevice, you should check out the "Kotoba" app, it's a really nice, free Japanese-English dictionary that can handle conjugations.

This is one of the meaner sentences I've encountered in Rozen Maiden (talking about mail-order goods)

手元に届いて

ひと通り笑ったら

期限ギリギリに返品して

クーリングオフすんの

Temoto ni todoite hitotoori warattara kigen girigiri ni henpin shite COOLING OFF sunno.

I get that the general gist is something along the lines of "if you aren't satisfied, you don't have to pay, so I send it back just before the deadline. But I still don't get quite how you get there. I'm assuming hitotoori warau is some kind of idiomatic expression for being satisfied and the second line is supposed to modify the first but it still doesn't make much sense to me. And what does "sunno" mean, anyways? I hear it a lot, but it isn't in my dictionary. The best guess I can think of is that it's short for "desu no".

Posted

I really need to go back and reread the early volumes of berserk to scan for any golden reaction image material I might have missed.

erluO.png

4iLva.png

lTXKJ.png

Also, a couple pages:

tc7UD.jpg

Later in the comic, scenes happen that aren't the inherently dark and gritty scenes you encounter in the early volumes of berserk. Which is weird, because when berserk first starts out, the only two characters in the whole thing are Guts and Puck, aside from arc relevant characters. As the story goes on, though, new characters are introduced more and more to the point where entire chapters, and sometimes entire volumes, go by without Guts or Puck being present or even alluded to. Eventually though, there comes a point where Kentaro Miura stops drawing Puck in his literal fairy form entirely and just renders him as this pile of chibi, present as the pun in every panel. It's very confusing to see that happen to him, given that at the beginning of the series he was such a main character and a big player in revealing Gut's real atPupperude on things. In the first two or three volumes, Guts might as well be a villain, and if it weren't for Puck, we probably wouldn't be able to figure out otherwise.

But really I linked this because I wanted to ask you guys who "Director Dizaki" was. Yes I can google and wiki it but sometimes I like to hear it from you guys guuuuhhhhhh. Also google didn't help at all.

I2uSi.jpg

Oh, Schierke.

Why are you so great.

Posted

I watched Baccano! with my sister, and both of us enjoyed it very much. It was a bit hard to get into at first, but once we started marathoning and got past the third episode, we couldn't stop. The non-linear storytelling made it incredibly fun to watch. We re-watched FLCL too, and this time around I made it a point to appreciate the quality of the animation. It really is fantastic. Also, I pick up on more little things every time I watch it. I finished Spice and Wolf, and now I'm watching Spice and Wolf II. The tone of the second series is rather different so far, but I enjoy both. The focus on economics makes me very happy. Once I finish this, I'll probably start watching Fate/Zero.

Posted

I saw someone somewhere else saying they were going to watch Fate/Zero again, before the last episode airs. I might look it up eventually.

Baccano! is great. I bought it on DVD from HMV a while back. Cover made it look good. I pretty much marathoned that as well. The way the story was told was really different, and it was enjoyable seeing how everything connected up in the end.

I'm not so sure how I felt about FLCL. It was alright. I don't think I really understood what was going on with the plot near the end unfortunately. The animation was great. It was enjoyable most of the time I think. Some of the crazier stuff wasn't very entertaining to me though, and I didn't find it overall as funny as I think other people do. I liked that the soundtrack was pretty much all rock music though, that was a cool change.

Then again, could have just been the timing. I don't think I was particularly into it when I was watching it, and there wasn't much of a desire to watch through it, so it's understandable that I didn't come away with a great impression. I might go back and rewatch

Monday morning I was at a friend's house. Rewatched Tsuritama (first 10 episodes, last one is out tomorrow), while my friend watched it for the first time. He enjoyed it very much.

He also had the expected reaction to the end of episode 10. That being "squid you". I'm really excited to see how they'll rise up from that and still manage to save the world. The situation looked absolutely miserable at the end of this episode. No fishing equipment, no boat. I myself can't really think of what they're going to do besides go with their normal rods and fish from the harbor or from Akira's boat or something.

We also watched the first 3 and a half episodes of Polar Bear's Café. He enjoyed that too.

Another friend who's actually into anime a lot watched Eureka Seven on my recommendation. He thought it was too "lovey dovey". Which would be okay to say if Ano Natsu de Matteru wasn't his favourite show. How can you even criticise something of being too romantic if your favourite show is that confession-fest?

I'm done the first 8 episodes of Steins;Gate. I'm starting to really get into it now that I'm less confused about what's actually going on, and it's starting to have a clearer direction. Interested to see how everything will end up. Hopefully it'll be fast paced enough that a whole load of shit will happen and it'll develop to great heights, but that rarely happens. But people like this show a lot (along with the second friend I mentioned, who also loves this show), so it'll definitely be good, no matter how it goes.

Posted

I also just finished watching Baccano about a week ago, and loved it. So many crazy people doing crazy things that all get tangled up in one big ball of craziness.