Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

e66253b77379c92527e254c294e244c713626104

Posted

It's coming this fall, actually. I'm hype as heck. I really, really hope to the heavens that they give it the best animation they possibly can. It's being done by Madhouse, who are masters of replicating specific artstyles with amazing results, at least in my mind, so there's definitely some hope.

I can't wait. I especially can't wait to see Genos animated. Please be animated well. Please.

I might get back into anime specifically for this show, since I remember you talking about it a while ago when I was getting into manga, and I always had it listed as one I'd read someday, but never did.

Posted

If it gets a good adaption, then it definitely deserves your time. As does the manga, even if the anime does turn out amazing. Murata's art is just fantastic.

It's kind of upsetting how few things Murata has worked on with how good his art is, since the only real thing he's done is Eyeshield 21, with the rest being one-shots, I think. I hope he gives us more us his tasty art in his lifetime.

I just really hope it turns out well.

Posted

Gate is the best

Posted

idk who that chica is but its clearly me

Posted

tumblr_nrgtmw2YIt1qawplno1_540.png

[sCREAMING]

Is that the game were you play as Raiden (?) and it's like a hack and slash kinda game, as opposed to the normal MGS stealth games? If so Kill la Kill would be perfect for that kinda game like 100%!

Status update- I finished JoJo battle tendencies, Kars is the coolest. I mean all the characters are fairly cliche, and the story is very predictable for the most part, but it's still really charming! Those "faults" may even work in its favor!

So I finished BT, and picked back up where I left off on Stardust Crusaders, and am now just starting the second half, battle in Egypt. I realized recently, that Jojo could easily be considered a horror series just as much as a fighting series. But not in the typical emo anime fashion (like bleach or soul eater) but more in the "weird as puppy Japanese slasher" kinda of sense. thematically it reminds me of stuff like the grudge or the ring or uzumaki. You know, weird scary shit that has "rules" applied to it, like how each specific stand functions to scare you and tear your flesh apart. Lmao it's really fun, my favorite genre mixed with the classic fighting genre, and add a little (a lot) of homoeroticism to boot! It's like this show was made for me. Haha I can't believe I gave up on it before. I mean I can't marathon it past three or four episodes at a time. But it's simple enough to follow while high, but trippy and weird enough to make it worth being high while watching it. Like I said, perfect show for me! Thanks, Eric, for pushing me to get back into it.

Can someone make a Jojo anime thread? I won't use it till I'm caught up on it, but I'm excited to talk to someone about it when I get there. I wish the show was dubbed so I could enjoy it with my irl friends.

Agent Zako and T1g like this

Posted

Why is there an army van at an anime convention pheo? I don't get it.

Posted

Neither do I tbh

Posted

oh yeah berserk. forgot about that, i should get on it

Posted

New Berserk chapter was interesting. Here's hoping these next few actually come out regularly.

Also, I am now watching Gangsta, Gate, and Overlord. I think I'm caught up on the first two and one behind on Overlord. Enjoying them all so far, although Gangsta is definitely the one I've connected to the most.

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

Yeah, the new chapters are supposed to come out monthly (even though I know we've heard that one before). Next one is due out August 28th or so.

Posted

I was surprised to find out that blonde is a gigolo in gangsta. Very unexpected

Posted

Psshhh. Blonde