Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

This is a pretty interesting look into how Hamada Yoshikazu creates his manga, Tsugumomo. Apparently, whenever there's a recurring background, he builds it up in a 3D modeler with all the little details and then imports it into a program and starts drawing over it. A pretty neat technique that comes out wonderful, but I feel like it consumes an immense amount of time. I'm sure it makes up for it in that after he's done modeling it, since the next set of chapters would go a lot faster and would always be on-model.

I was thinking just now about how Miura (Berserk) and Murata (One Punch Man) create their manga as well and then I remembered Murata just streams himself drawing every so often on Ustream and also does push-ups. He might've stopped streaming though, I feel like I saw that at some point. Too bad about Miura though, I bet he'd get a bunch of views, especially if he took Idolm@ster breaks on-stream and obviously streamed himself playing it. The dissonance would be hilarious.

Vio Milanor likes this

Posted

This is a pretty interesting look into how Hamada Yoshikazu creates his manga, Tsugumomo. Apparently, whenever there's a recurring background, he builds it up in a 3D modeler with all the little details and then imports it into a program and starts drawing over it. A pretty neat technique that comes out wonderful, but I feel like it consumes an immense amount of time. I'm sure it makes up for it in that after he's done modeling it, since the next set of chapters would go a lot faster and would always be on-model

Vio Milanor likes this

Posted

Otaking does that for animation

Posted

Mhm, lots of people do. It's why I always cringe whenever I hear someone say "3D and 2D will never look good together!" Its exactly the same as saying "CGI has ruined film!" because that's not the case at all. All anyone really wants is a coherent visual aesthetic, and when a team does it right, nobody notices.

Posted

mfTb4fK.png

Magic Knight Rayearth continues to ask the tough questions no one else dares to touch.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

So Berserk 339 came out in korean like four or five days ago and nobody on the entire internet has translated it yet because releases for berserk have been so few and far between for years now that the population of translators who normally would reliably have it translated after a day had passed is now nill. And so: I am dying slowly.

Posted

See, I've learned to forget about it when it's not actively out. I'm sure it'll be done soon. Tea Party aftermath must be chronicled!

Posted

The long awaited Shingeki no Bahamut sequel anime has finally been announced.

(Apparently, they're actually still making another season to Shingeki no Bahamut as well as this. Guess they just really wanted to animate this, too.)

(http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-31/rage-of-bahamut-manaria-friends-tv-anime-announced-for-2016/.92328)

Posted

i started vomitting everywhere while the trailer played

Posted

You should clean that up.

Posted

Berserk 339 finally got translated

H2YMCtT.png

Posted

Princess Arete was on Netflix and I just finished it. Really great movie, with a clear feminist theme throughout. Enjoyed it a lot.

Posted

this particular post

Didn't I have a much longer entry here about how these illustrations are made and when 3D is used an so on and so forth? Where did that post go?

Posted

Pretty sure you did, I remember reading it. Some thing featuring a tank model?

Posted

That's right. How did my post get eaten?