Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I've seen posts disappear elsewhere, from before the forum update. Mystery.

Posted

I've still got a few shows to finish but recently I completed Aoharu x Kikanjuu and Ore Monogatari.

Aoharu was a bit trashy and lame. OreMono's was good but didnt feel like an end (since the manga is still going of course). But overall OreMono was such a treat to watch, I loved it ;3;

Posted

There's an anime airing this autumn called Subete ga F ni Naru. Apparently the original books have done pretty well, but besides that I don't know much about it except that people like it, or so I've gathered.

And from what I'm seeing on this article and PV, I'm pretty excited for it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-26/the-perfect-insider-anime-4th-long-promo-video-introduces-cast/.93420

Based off of the character designs alone, I'm interested in it, since most anime don't have such uniqueness between characters, or maybe it's just the style. It reminds me of Paranoia Agent. That's probably due to them getting Inio Asano, the mangaka of Oyasumi Punpun, to do the character designs, which was definitely a good choice. Speaking of staff, they've also got Kenji Kawai on the soundtrack, who's always a good person to have. Regardless of all that, I always love a good mystery, and from the PV and the general consensus I've gotten, it seems like it'll be a great watch. Hopefully.

Also, the main girl's name is Moe.

There's also Comet Lucifer and Concrete Revolutio that I want to go into detail with, since they both also seem very interesting, but that's a lot of work.

Posted (edited)

19715156381_9e615f4091_o.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans just started, and it was pretty good first episode. Very traditional Gundam first-episode stuff: introducing characters with their factions, naming some of the tech specific to this setting, and starting the conflict off tragically. My only real complaint is that all the info being dumped was a bit much to take in, but I'm sure the next few weeks will clear up things. The music is good, and the animation was gorgeous, especially when the fighting began. This show is set for 50 episodes, and it could drop the ball eventually, but right now it's looking good and I'm excited for next week's episode.

Edited by Agent Zako
added a picture (see edit history)
Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It was definitely way too much to take in during those first 15 minutes where it introduces at least 20-30 distinct characters that are clearly important to the plot. After all that's done and it gets into the battle portion of the episode though, I was getting some [heavy] Code Geass vibes from it, since I really haven't seen an anime so heavily strategy and war based since that and it was fantastic. The timing on everything was perfect. Such an exciting first episode.

On the topic of just-aired anime, opinions of what I've watched so far:

Comet Lucifer - Pretty much my same opinion as with Gundam where everything about it was put together pretty darn well. Gundam comes out on top so far though. Kometto Rushifa's ED is better though, since it actually has one. I have high hopes for this and Gundam. Don't let me down, Japan.
Concrete Revolutio - I was actually pretty hyped for this one. It didn't live up to it, but it still has the season to go and it's trying to do some interesting things. It's got a Pulp Fiction/Baccano! thing going on where two different timelines are being cut between constantly without any real cues. Where it needs work is on its characters' actions? I don't know how to explain it other than the characters are very awkward a lot and not in a characterized sort of way. Just where they pause or do strange things for no reason. A lot of anime do this and it's pretty frustrating, but whatever. On the bright side, it's being animated by Bones, so the animation is godly and the character designs and style make every single frame eye candy heaven. I'm hopeful that it'll get better, since they've got a bunch of writers doing different episodes.
Lupin III - It's classic Lupin with modern story-telling expectations with the added bonus of amazing animation and the Fujiko anime's/Jigen special's style and it's lovely. (I know 14 episodes of this are already out, but I've only watched the first.)
One Punch Man - Based off of this one episode, it's everything I wanted from an adaption. I cannot wait for subsequent episodes, since it only gets better from here. [Cannot.]
Young Black Jack - I was expecting fujoshi bait and I got just that. BUT, it is fujobait + House, so it's not all that bad. It's just got bad directing so far, but I'm hoping it'll get better. I know it's by different people than the original manga/anime, but I wanted to go for it anyway.

Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! - This is a lot more booby than I was expecting. Also the main character is so tall. I, uh... guess it's alright for a short anime. I mean, it's only 2 minutes and it's cute, so whatever.
Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan - This is a lot less booby than I was expecting. Also the main character is so cute. I, uh... guess it's alright for a short anime. I mean, it's only 3 minutes and it's cute, so whatever.

I can't wait for Gochuumon season 2 and Subete ga F ni Naru though.

Posted

Can't believe Monogatari is coming to an end

Posted

Like, that's it? I thought the light novels were still going?

Posted

It's been quite the ride, but I'm glad if Monogatari is able to end on a high note. We still have the Kizumonogatari films to go after Owarimonogatari, if the internet is right. I've still got Tsukimonogatari to watch, but it won't take me too long to catch up.

In other news, Iron-Blooded Orphans looks to actually be only 25 episodes long. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse about it, since the only other "traditional" Gundam series of that length was G-Reco, and, while I still enjoyed most of it, that show had terrible pacing issues. If this is the length Gundam series are going to be from now on, the sooner they figure out how to stuff a typically huge war story with a large cast into half the time, the better. Here's hoping this series does it well.

Posted

@Teto: Yes, there are still more books to adapt, but this is the last one Shaft announced they will be adapting. Though, it's not the last one that they'll be animation, since they announced Kizumonogatari a long time ago and the first part of that trilogy will release on January 8th. The air dates for the other two movies haven't been revealed yet.

@Zako: Yeah, I got a little scared when you said it'd be 50 episodes. Right from the get-go, it seems to be a lot better than G-Reco though, so I have faith. If we have faith together, it'll surely become the robot show you want as well as the robot show I want.

Also, I've been trying to clean up my backlog of stuff I've already downloaded and got on my computer and finally finished Ore, Twintails. I put it on hold way back when because it was getting kind of "normal", but coming back to it was such a good idea, because it only got more and more banana. Commie's subs for an anime as ridiculous as this are just such a perfect match.

8v7OXe5.jpglqhzey6.jpg (Click 'em)

Posted

i dont plan on watching that show but we can all agree who the best character is

Posted

Yeah, it's not really a show I'd particularly recommend, but its comedy, even without Commie's subs, is pretty good. Like, I know you said you're not going to watch it and probably no one else is, but I'll put in a spoiler anyway.

During the last three episodes, the main character begins to doubt his love for twintails because DARK GRASPER kissed him. This doubt manifests by turning him fully into a modestly breasted twintailed girl full-time instead of just when he transforms. He then learns how to maintain and put up his own twintails. When the final battle comes around, he still holds doubt within him and right as the enemy is about to defeat him, he enters a dream-like state where his twintails directly talk to him and make him realize he truly loves twintails now and forever and defeats the bad guy.

And just other little things like the video and the pictures. Also, in classic light novel/harem-lite, every girl wants the dense MC's body. And the silly bad guys that literally all specialize in a fetish like braids, gym outfits, swimsuits, etc. just add to the banana.

It's just so stupid, I love it. It has a special little place in my heart next to MD Geist and Dracula: Sovereign of the Damned.

Posted (edited)

I like how a lot of people online think that Akihiro in the new Gundam show looks like Guts from Berserk, though I think people were thinking this from when the first pictures of him were released online, I know I was anyway. First episode was pretty good, the characters we've seen so far are all pretty likable, and mecha animated without the use of CG is always nice. It's off to a good start.

co6mqRN.jpg

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

without reading your comment on the image, I saw the image first and thought "Did someone do a futuristic berserk thing without telling me?"

Double45 likes this

Posted

I didn't realize Inio Asano did the character designs for The Perfect Insider. Episode 1 was really interesting! Hopefully the whole show's good.

I was also pretty impressed with Iron Blooded Orphans and Comet Lucifer (though I'm just waiting for the moe to hit in Lucifer egghnn that won't be wonderful but oh well). Lucifer's first episode reminded me of E7 in a lot of ways, so we'll see how that goes.