7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's what I've just started watching.

One Punch Man

Dangan Ronpa

Gurren Lagann (2nd time)

Kill la Kill (3rd time)

Overlord (this anime is garbage)

I'm watching all of these with my roommates and it's a good time.

Knuckle and T1g like this

Posted

A teaser and info just came out for the new Macross anime, Macross Delta. Looks to be about two different idol groups, one all female and one all male(? they're so pretty), who may or may not be Valkyrie pilots. I'm not sure. A preview special will air on New Years Eve, which might include the first episode of the series.

'Minori Suzuki, the 18-year-old winner of the newest Macross singer auditions from Aichi Prefecture, will play Freyja Wion, an aspiring idol who is full of spirit and who is always smiling. Five girls form the "Tactical Sound Unit" Walküre, the first major songstress group in the Macross anime franchise. (Macross 7 had the Jamming Birds group, and The Macross Digital Mission VF-X game had the group Milky Dolls.) The Walküre group battles the Var Syndrome that is consuming the galaxy, and there is also the mysterious Aerial Knights Valkyrie fighter team of the Kingdom of Wind.'

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-29/macross-delta-tv-anime-unveils-teaser-staff-characters-valkyries/.94760

Posted

guess who finished danganronpa vvvvvvvvvvv

Posted

I have been watching Eureka Seven with Eka and I gotta say there are some tasty jam in this show

Posted

I started watching One Punch Man

T1g likes this

Posted

I'm gonna start watching it with cascade soon, too. She and I watch stuff together a lot, but there's a lot of discrepancy between the stuff we want to watch, so I'm hopeful this might be some middle ground between us.

Posted

i remember when me and cascade used to watch anime together

and then she was like "lol no" and i have been left hanging for about 2 years now

Posted

in response to my carefully worded guilt trip, me and cascade started Paradise Kiss, which is an anime about fashion designers who may or may not be terrible people

Also most of you have probably heard its ending song

Teto and Cascade like this

Posted

Completely and utterly my kind of show, take that as you will. Everything is fashion and over-the-top and I love it.

T1g likes this

Posted

I came to this thread specifically to post about Speed-o'-Sound Sonic. I feel like he and Genos are the ultimate "tight" characters. Like you can have a Zac Efron cyborg with a tortured past or a weird, dark ninja guy/Sasuke-from-Naruto clone.

The characters are so lame. I feel like they're both mocking edgy characters — the kinds that weebs obsess over. I mean they're not overtly ridiculous. It's more subtle. These "badass" characters standing next to Saitama is funny. The show doesn't take itself too seriously. These aren't characters that you're supposed to make fan art of. I feel like anyone who is legitimately like "man these characters are cool" does not get the concept of the show. 

pheonix561, Teto and T1g like this

Posted

Oh no, that's definitely the case. This is absolutely a show that makes fun of all these tropes all the time. The whole time I was watching it I kept getting a Cromartie High School vibe, and it just totally makes sense that you would like this show. It's a funny show, aside from the fact that from now on I'm probably going to come away from every episode feeling sexually frustrated and deeply confused

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

6C6Nomj.jpg

srAI1Xc.jpg

rBiHfs8.png

Never in my life have I wanted to have sex with another man so badly before. Thank you Speed of Sound Sonic, for awakening my inner gay.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Careful, Ben. "It's not that gay because they kind of look like a woman anyway" is the first rationale of the soon-to-be-homosexual. Soon you could seriously be thinking about male genitalia in a new light, leading to the destigmatization of appreciation of the masculine figure, and eventually you'll be full blown gay. Watch your step, Ben. It's a slippery slope.

Sex With A Man: Not Even Once

SilverAlchemic, T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Oh I know man, I know. If sexuality was a sliding scale with the farthest left being 100% hetero and the farthest righ being 100% gay, then I started from puberty at 100% left. But this guy here, this sonic guy, he's here to show me that I'm slipping. Now that I've made room for really really girly looking guys, I'm at like 97.5% hetero now, and just an itty bitty bit of room for bisexuality. What if this trend continues? if I lose 2.5%  heterosexuality/gain 2.5% homosexuality every ten years, then when I have my midlife crisis I'm gonna be only 90% hetero. What if I leave my lover, whom I assume will be a woman, for a slightly less than girly but still notably effeminate middle aged man? Is this my future? Whats next in store for ol' king pheo?