Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Just in case anyone cared and does not know yet, the first four episodes or... the first movie or something, they're split into four episodes, of Digimon Adventures tri are out online, so find it wherever you find it if you wanted to watch that.

I thought they were delayed to the ends of the earth, but apparently I haven't been keeping up with it, but I feel like a few people here wanted to watch it, so.

Also, T1g, I recommend watching Rokka no Yuusha if you haven't already. It's kind of got this 999-esque feeling to it. It's not as fantastic as 999 was, but it's still worth watching. Even after Double and Cello begged me and guilted me into watching it, which made me hate it, I still ended up enjoying it.

Alsoalso, can't wait for these last episodes of One Punch Man. I love Mumen Rider's abidance to traffic laws despite the situation.

Posted

kEG1Buv.jpg

AFTER SEVEN LONG YEARS HE'S OFF THE BOAT

PRAISE BE TO MIURA

if he gets back on the boat I'm slitting my wrists

Knuckle and Agent Zako like this

Posted

Some said this day would never come, that the legends were false. They said Guts and crew would never see dry land again, not in our generation at least. And now the doubters have been silenced, as Kentaro Miura has seen fit to gift us mortals with the end of The Boat Arc. Praise be to Miura!

unless this is the wrong island and they get right back on

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

dude I'm so scared its the wrong island and they have to get back on. Like okay, I get that its an island, and eventually they're gonna need to get back on to go leave and find midland and all that, but what if this is still the wrong island? Like a second, not-correct island? Somewhere they're just making a pit stop? Bruh. I don't know if I could take it.

Posted (edited)

I watched 8 episodes of One Punch Man today. I love it already (although still not topping Orphans as my favorite of the season [so far]). I want to run out and buy all the manga available RIGHT NOW, but ,alas, that will have to wait.

Also, Speed-o'-Sound Sonic is literally perfect.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

Even if you were to do that, sadly, there would only be 20 or so more chapters for you to read where not much happens. Although, I say that, but haven't read the most recent chapters that have built up over the past few months. Murata has begun slowing down (or maybe he's back into the rhythm again?) in his adaption of ONE's chapters. I think he still streams himself working on it though.

Regardless, having that tasty art right there in physical form would definitely be fantastic.

Speaking of buying things, I can't wait for the Overlord LNs to be localized next year. The fan translation for this first volume is absolutely terrible after the first 60 or so pages. I can only hope the subsequent ones are better, since they're new material (volume 2 might have also been in season 1) and the translators/proofreaders spent more time on those, since they spent no time at all on this first one, the proofreaders at least.

Posted

I'M STILL HYPE

Knuckle likes this

Posted

mumen rider is such a bro

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

I had forgotten how heartwarming the follow-up to the Deep Sea King fight was with Saitama and Mumen Rider. Also, I'm sure I wasn't the only one curious on who helped animate the civilians this episode (and maybe the previous one?). Felt almost Ghibli in quality and softness, okay maybe not that good. It was weird seeing such nice key-frames and animation for literal nobodies. It's been so long since I've seen such nice civilians, really. It was like they were real characters.

Looking at the people that are listed for the episode on ANN and other than Bahi JD, I don't recognize anyone (Which makes sense, since I'm a poser), but literally every single person has worked on a movie (which I have now equated to being better than solely TV show animators) and it's usually a relevant movie like End of Eva or Rebuild 3.33 or Eden of the East or Summer Wars or Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society or Redline or Metropolis. Or they've worked on relevant shows like Space Dandy or Cowboy Bebop or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. And these aren't just just in-between animators, they're key animators for the entire movie and some work on whole series. I might be wrong, but a lot of money is apparently going into this, but that was obvious (and hoped for) from the beginning. Maybe, anyway. I don't know the industry, but definitely more money than the average anime, surely.

Anyway, maybe this isn't that rare and I'm just babbing about nothing.

Can't wait for the next three episodes though. I want them all [right now].

Cassandra likes this

Posted

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-21/berserk-gets-new-anime-project-featuring-guts-as-black-swordsman/.96773

"NBC Universal will unveil the anime's first promotional video at its winter Comiket booth, which will run from December 29-31."

"Miura comments in the magazine that the anime project will depict Guts in his "Black Swordsman" appearance,"

"In addition, Miura will put his Berserk manga on hiatus, with the next chapter coming in "around" summer next year. The manga will also then be published as an irregular series."

Neat.

Double45 and Agent Zako like this

Posted

get hype for crazy diamond shenanigans and italian chefs

Posted

One day soon, the whole world will know what it's like to go eat Italian food.

While the Berserk hiatus is a bummer, it was inevitable. Miura at last graced us with the end of the legendary Boat Arc. I'm super excited to see post-Golden Age arcs finally get animated, even if it's just a new trilogy of movies. A new TV series would be perfect, though. There's no shortage of material for one.

T1g and Double45 like this

Posted

Yeah, and its gonna handle the Lost Children Arc. Which I understand, but i've been hoping to see an adaption of the count arc for a while. Lost children has a pretty definite beginning and end though, so it makes perfect sense they'd pick that one.

As for the Hiatus, I'm sad about it too. But its only until this summer, and Miura specifically said that he was going to be coming back, so it's not like we're being left in the dark again. Not to mention he managed to get us the fuck off the boat before the hiatus began. He's probably taking the break so he can oversee the anime development to make sure it goes nice and smoothly. I remember for the original anime adaption of the golden age arc all of the changes they made to the story were made with his consent, so I figure that's what he's up to here, too. So the hiatus is both short and for a good reason.

This is all good news in my book.