Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I want this, not a huge fan of the CG, but I'll still try to watch it just to give it a chance, this scene in the PV actually looks like it comes from a very early chapter in the first volume of the manga, I could be mistaken though

X3zhdV7.jpg

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

god its animated like a ps2 game

Double45 and Fierce Muffin like this

Posted

Yeah, I'm skeptical. Half of it is honestly animated great, and the other half is honestly awful. You're right about them picking that early berserk scene, I'm sure they'll probably have that bit with him and the girl and the wagon as an opener, then switch to the moth thing or something. Who knows.

Posted

How is it that Japan is so good at traditional animation but literally 99% of the their live action movies and visual effects look like ass

But this wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Maybe it'd grow on me. 

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted (edited)

Speaking of animation quality, the first episode of Gundam Thunderbold went up on youtube a few days ago and I have yet to post it here. It's only 18 minutes long, and is drop-dead gorgeous. It takes place alongside the latter part of the original series, but don't worry if you're not familiar with it. All you need to know is there's a war, Zeon are the bad guys, and the Federation are the good guys and have the Gundam(s). People live on Earth and in Space colonies around Earth, and Zeon are all space colonists, but not all space colonists are Zeon. English subtitles are in the close captions.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

a lot shit happened in like no time at all i was kind of confused for a little while

Posted

Oh? Anything in particular still unclear? I should be able to help.

Posted

nah it made sense it was just a lot of shit happening really fast and at points i was like "oh well thats a thing too i guess"

Also Cascade has officially started the second half of stardust crusaders.

Cassandra likes this

Posted

speaking of terrible CG

Posted

I'm caught up on the One Punch Man manga adaptation and I have to say this story really is not about Saitama

tumblr_o0ayb1Ac1t1r4lftio1_1280.jpg

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Me and Cascade finished Stardust Crusaders. 

All of Cascades favorite jojo characters died lol

Cassandra likes this

Posted

Me and Cascade finished Stardust Crusaders. 

All of Cascades favorite jojo characters died lol

If her favourite characters were the ones who died, she clearly liked the worst characters

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

wow rude

Posted

What's everyone watching this season? I'm watching Active Raid, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Bubuki Buranki, and Dimension W

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is my favorite of the season so far, it's a time travel story and even though there's only been two episodes, it seems like it's going in an interesting direction so far, the OP is quite nice too. I'll probably end up reading the manga since the anime will either not cover everything or have an original ending since it's only 12 episodes and the manga is ongoing.

Dimension W's first episode was pretty decent, the whole concept of a dimension W and how the anime explains it is kind of silly and unrealistic, but the world seems interesting enough and I like the character designs.

Active Raid is pretty good so far, there's not much to the plot at this point besides there being a different criminal(s) the characters deal with each episode, but I'm sure that will change, also, the main character's random engrish is funny stuff

Bubuki Buranki's first episode was ok, outside of the backgrounds, it's entirely CG and it looks better than the average CG anime in my opinion, if you saw some stills of it you might not even be able to tell it's CG, the character designs are by the same person who designed the characters for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, way too early to tell if it's good or not.

I might end up watching Assassination Classroom Season 2 after I finish Season 1.

Posted

I agree on the Boku Dake and Dimension W assessments. I look forward to more of the former and am impartial to the latter. Also continuing Gundam, and Durarara X2's third part has started