Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

going to eventually hit up kamen rider fourze. its like kamen rider got slapped in the face by high school musical, and never quite managed to wipe the american stereotypes off. the best part is commentating the crap out of it.

"This series is directed by the same guy who did Gurren Lagann. Of course it has a drill kick."

I would definitely recommend Welcome to the NHK. It's a true slice-of-life show with a healthy blend of comedy and seriousness that really examines the phenomenon of hikikomori. If I could, I'd get everyone here to watch it.

I watched it, but

the ending was super unsatisfying, seeing as they just ended up exactly where it began with no signs of improvement.

It also sometimes couldn't decide atmospherically whether it was comedy or drama. So it just felt bland to me. idk.

does that kid even know what he is dressed as

As it has been said, who cares. ~3 year old Vash the Stampede crossplayer.

the best part is

you all heard about it from me

The best part is, I actually had heard about it before you told me to watch it.

Good job getting folks to watch a cool series, Teto.

HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT.

Though I prefer pre-Mononoke Kusuriuri, because back in Ayakashi, he wasn't as dramatic pausey and cocky in mannerism. Once you get to the end arc, I have a kind of theory to share with you.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I've been marathoning Shuffle! at the request of one of my friends. To be honest its been a ton of irritating characters and panty shots, but I was holding out for this one girl to mentally snap because everyone AMVs those scenes whenever they edit Shuffle!.

I thought, 'Oh sure, whatever. They look pretty creepy but I can handle it. This is gonna be sweet!'

And then episode 19 happened.

helpme.gif

I saw it coming, but jesus.

Totally out of character? Yes.

Thus, poor character development? Yes.

Is it doing its job of inflicting terror on its audience, though?

OH MY YES.

Basically these past few episodes of Shuffle have been really good for the crazy chick. I'll probably finish up the last 4 episodes on Friday.

Also I Haibane Renmei'd up my avatar; yay.

Posted

Teto if you watch Haibane Renmei you will probably get some great GIF material

especially out of the first episode or 2

Posted

I watched episode 6 of Haibane this morning. Maybe even 7. Yeah, I did. It's getting pretty coolio.

Posted

Teto, watch it and GIF the wing scene. Do it.

And yeah, Haibane Renmei was good stuff. :3

Posted

ive seen up to 6

saha why u gotta watch ahead of me

Posted

Guys you need to get past episode 6. ;-; 6 and onwards is when the plot shifts. >:

Posted

i have known that fact months before you watched it

Posted

You'll all have to wait until I'm done Mononoke, Penguindrum, and then Ano Hana, which I'll start downloading after Penguindrum finishes.

Watched the second story of Mononoke yesterday. More gif deliciousness in the end, but I'm going to have trouble making all of these into gifs. I'll try though. Have 17 folders of screenshots for the whole sequence that I'll attempt to make into gifs later.

Also one of my irl friends watches a ton of anime. She has about 50 series done (or at least started, I haven't asked if her list is finished or just seen/watching). I put her onto Madoka a while ago and she enjoyed it. She's currently watching Ano Hana by my recommendation. Obviously based off of everybody else saying it's great.

Posted

did you enjoy the fish voiced by norio wakamoto

the glorious fish voiced by norio wakamoto

Posted

i have known that fact months before you watched it

And yet you're still not done it. :U

Posted

Finished Haibane, Planetes, and rewatched s-CRY-ed just for the heck of it.

Posted

what a DICK

no seriously episode 12 of Planetes is probably the best one we have seen so far. Its the one where Fee proved that she is in fact the best character in the show

oLh3D.jpg

second place is the episode 6, the weeabo episode

qmhYZ.jpg

Posted

Also got said person to try Bakemonogatari, though she didn't really like it that much.

Another one of my irl friends who watches a lot watched Bakemonogatari. Not sure how much he liked it, and I don't think he's far in Nisemonogatari, since he was asking me what all the toothbrush business was about. He watches high school boys anime as well. He's been trying to watch like every new season anime right now. Not sure which those would be though. He's not been watching Nisemonogatari or Persona 4 to my knowledge though, which are the only current ones I'm keeping up with.

Also: Want to watch Planetes since you keep going on about it, and get back to Dennou Coil, which I put on hold after I went off watching TV shows for a bit last year.

Posted

>s-CRY-ed

>Awyeah.jpg

Yes watch Planetes, do it.

And hey t1g what about Yuri's episode? Goddamn that was tragic. ;-; Ilovehim.

(But agreed. Fee's episode was one of the best ever).