Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Saha

im still not over the chicks' lips in that series, or why the one chick looked like every other one chick (a lot of characters had twins, really), but those were minor things. really really minor.

and Baccano and DRRR are like animated crack to my eyes. so. pretty.

gottta recommend Baccano though, over DRRR.

@YLA

try Star Driver, maybe Katekyou Hitman Reborn (thatll keep you busy >w>) and Dennou Coil if you havent seen that already.

Posted

i think you always amend the baccano over durarara thing to spite me

because you can't just say they are both good

also star driver is more of a joke in my opinion. filled with pretty boys and rigged robot fights

they were so rigged

all the bad guys were told to take a dive and make it convincing you and i both know it chimetals

Posted

Chimetals; for some reason, Teto didn't like Mononoke's style, even though it's QUITE A PRETTY SERIES.

"I'm Teto. I only watch realistic looking pretty anime."

Mononoke is pretty much just slow paced, badly animated artsy bullshit. Didn't like the style, it was slow and uninteresting an the animation quality was terrible.

Also gosh muffin, it's Studio Ghibli.

Posted

YLA; try Baccano!. Its plot is really great, but it still has enough action for those who don't want to think too hard. I guess the downside [for folks like you, I suppose] is that it runs for only 16 episodes, so it's less "keeping you busy" and actually "finishing a plot".

I have Baccano on my list for my friend and I to watch, but you're the second person to reccomend it so it must be pretty good.

@YLA

try Star Driver, maybe Katekyou Hitman Reborn (thatll keep you busy >w>) and Dennou Coil if you havent seen that already.

Star Driver sounds interesting. I'll add those to my own list and watch them. Thanks.

Posted

i think you always amend the baccano over durarara thing to spite me

because you can't just say they are both good

also star driver is more of a joke in my opinion. filled with pretty boys and rigged robot fights

they were so rigged

all the bad guys were told to take a dive and make it convincing you and i both know it chimetals

no, i legit like Baccano better. really, you should know by now that i like blood and gore better than school drama with random supernatural elements.

Baccano worked around one main supernatural element, DRRR had several, plus characters that took way to long to become interesting for my taste. it really does have nothing to do with spiting you. because: it. is. my. o-p-i-n-i-o-n.

and thats one of the best charms about Star Driver. really, you expect a show to be serious, when its hero's fighting title is "Ginga Bishounen"?

Posted

Mononoke is pretty much just slow paced, badly animated artsy bullshit. Didn't like the style, it was slow and uninteresting an the animation quality was terrible.

Also gosh muffin, it's Studio Ghibli.

How was the animation quality terrible.

Also, it's an unknown movie by Studio Ghibli. That still means it's hipster. So, deal with it.

Posted

lol, the only time i pay attention to studio is when its Bones or Gainax. that way i know whether to expect a crap end or something extravagant, respectively.

Posted

How was the animation quality terrible.

Also, it's an unknown movie by Studio Ghibli. That still means it's hipster. So, deal with it.

From what I saw of it character movements were just fading from one pose to another. It was terrible.

Also, it's new. Don't blame me just because you're not up to date >:

Posted

wait, FM, are you talking about princess mononoke? cuz the mononoke im talking about isnt a movie, its an anime.

From what I saw of it character movements were just fading from one pose to another. It was terrible.

how can you expect them to have action scenes when they have all those pretty textures?

Posted

wait, FM, are you talking about princess mononoke? cuz the mononoke im talking about isnt a movie, its an anime.

how can you expect them to have action scenes when they have all those pretty textures?

No we're talking about Mononoke the series.

Also, walking up the stairs in episode 1 for example, walking up the stairs fading up instead of stepping. Reminiscent of cheap cutenesses in PSP games. Sure there were pretty textures but plenty of shows can be pretty while being well animated. Mononoke was just lazy South Park animation. Moving pictures over a background instead of animating properly.

Posted

i am pretty sure anime night watched mononoke after i told saha about it

a lot of the stuff we watched in anime club is worth sharing on anime night, mononoke is an example of it

Posted

Why are you hating on the anime's animation in the first place, anyway. This anime is all about the unique stories of each little arc.

It's there for you to enjoy the story and the art. Why do you hate everything everyone else likes. First Umasou, now you talk about hating this. Gosh. What's not? Hating on Dennou Coil?

Teto, why? : (

Posted

DON'T TEST MY LOVE FOR DENNOU COIL MUFFIN

even though if it was love I would be finished by now but ): I am enjoying Dennou Coil okay, look at this as a victory.

Also Mind Game was good did I mention that. Was disappointed that it was so high paced and then they were in a whale until the end of the movie, which was totally confusing, but otherwise it was pretty good.

No wait I am just saying this to try and be more positive about anime night.

It was good but there was a lot of stuff that held it back from being better in my eyes. Like most of the scenes, except from when trouble kicks off and through the god scene, from there up until the whale, and then it was good again when they escaped the whale.

Umasou was good but I was tired and frustrated that everybody was so in love with it as if it was perfect, so I was like grrr it's not that fantastic what drugs are being handed out to everyone but me that made you so overjoyed about this movie >: I just wasn't into the movie as much as you guys I guess. I blame missing subtitles due to lag, the chat going on at the side I tried to pay attention to and my inability to sympathise with dinosaurs.

And Mononoke I don't doubt has a good story, but the style of it is holding me back with it. I have been meaning to try and watch it again but idk.

I don't like being shut off to the experiences you guys had with all of these so I'll probably end up trying again by myself.

Also t1g goes to anime club lol that is so dorky

Posted

Well, alright. But, I'm only forgiving you this one time, Teto. And that's only because you actually gave better reasons.

I once went to an anime club. But, no good anime were ever shown, except Cowboy Bebop. Once. Everyone hated it. And it was because of a harmonica in the background playing. They're the kind of people that would love Ed and all the action scenes, too. Sadly, no. We watched all these bad anime that everyone thinks anime fans watch.

Anyway.

Just watched The Place Promised In Our Early Days. I don't know what to say about it. It wasn't too great, in my opinion. Maybe it was just too deep for me, not being sarcastic here. Maybe it's because there were no subtitles for multiple unspoken, Japanese text onscreen. I couldn't understand multiple things. It switched between multiple times and multiple character's point of views. It was just so confusing.

I can't hate it for this, though, I mean, all the scenes were beautiful and my confusion is in part due to the untranslated text. I'd probably have to download it and watch it again just to get the subtitles so I can give a full opinion on it.

I dunno, but there's what I have to say.

(Also, just saying, most of Studio Ghibli's stuff is very, very simple stuff compared to Mononoke's detailed style. Ghibli animates shit amazingly, Mononoke doesn't animate very much. Seems like the tradeoff here. Or Mononoke doesn't want to animate or have their characters walk and such. It's all in the style.)

Posted

i personally enjoyed the way god was depicted in mind game, me and saha were talking about this while i was driving him somewhere

its like

he is portrayed as being incredibly whimsical

and also his attitude is like

"you are not the first person to come here and you are not going to be the last"

he was pretty great