Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Still have to watch episode 5. Got it downloaded and ready to go though. Will watch the new Tsuritama first though before moving on with Sakamichi no Apollon.

Polar Bear's Café is still okay, though every now and then the animation quality seems to be slipping, or maybe I'm just only realising that now. Polar Bear's face seems a bit off in some frames, see the last frame of this for instance:

tumblr_m46twkHsuS1qd88a6.gif

Oh well. Something about the change in quality is actually making everything a little cuter to me.

New episode was overall good though, still enjoying PBC a lot.

Hyouka is still good, though I found the new one hard to follow. There was so much information and I wasn't really taking it all in enough to understand why one person's research contradicted the others' some of the time. But I got the gist of it I think.

Sakamichi no Apollon is cool. Episode 4 was annoying, when the music was interrupted by the drunk guy. Ruined it >: But that's how it goooes I guess.

Also, I watched FLCL. It was pretty neat. Different and short, I can see why people like it a lot. I guess I understood what was going on, maybe I just didn't appreciate it as well as other people. I just thought it was really fun to watch, don't think the world of it though, sadly enough. The music was great, as with the animation. Not got a lot to say besides that though, I think.

Posted

that is basically all there is to say about FLCL

also the drunk guy should have at least waited for the first song to end before complaining GOSH

Posted

The end of Eureka Seven was a confusing mess, but I still enjoyed it. My unanswered questions at the end I was just able to pass off as mystery, those being what happened after the end of the last episode, which you'd expect not to be answered.

*raises hand* 99% sure I can probably help answer your questions regarding it, if you still wanna pose them!

Also yeah, AO so far is just a 'fun show'; not incredibly amazing or anything, but nice in it's own regard. Music and animation is lovely, and I generally like all the characters.

'Lotta questions gotta get answered, mostly regarding Eureka's whereabouts, but I'm not so bugged about when they'll reveal them. Anyways it looks like we're gonna get another hint to the truth about Eureka's and Nirvash's action towards the Scub Burst in Episode 7. Btw, Truth is a pretty fab person; I really enjoyed episode 6.

I have to delay this week's Tsuritama episode until Sunday for bandwidth reasons. ;;

I'm also holding off on Sakamichi's anime until I finish the manga (although I've watched like 2 eps and listened to the whole glorious OST).

The manga is just perfection.

Posted

i cant decide how awesome i think pbc is and its bugging me

Posted

i just wanna know why the hell hadena subs hasnt gotten korezon of the dead 7 subtitled yet. they were late with the last ep, but not this late.

Posted

i just wanna know why the hell hadena subs hasnt gotten korezon of the dead 7 subtitled yet. they were late with the last ep, but not this late.

Better to take a while and make good subs then rush and make bad ones.

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHA

funny joke, Linkprow :<

Posted

>good subs

lol

Posted

Subs that make some amount of sense and can give you an idea of whats being said then. (haha still a joke)

Posted

Better to take a while and make good subs then rush and make bad ones.

its that they release on a certain day (thursday), and ive come to expect that. so speed isnt an issue for their quality. ive also got this thing where i dont like to switch sub groups mid-series if i can help it, so while theres another group thats already got this episode subbed, i dont feel like downloading and watching an ep only to download another one.

though admittedly im being relatively patient because my cousin is over, and im not about to explain why theres a dude running around in a dress with a chainsaw.

Posted

for no real reason

i am watching trigun using my wii's netflix

Teto there is a "Bang" moment at the very end of episode 3, kind of like drrr!! eden of the east and cowboy bebop

Posted

LOVE AND PEACE

Posted

Got round to watching Tsuritama episode 6. Starting to get a lot more interesting <: Glad it's getting back to the point.

Posted

Trigun is best.

And Tsuritama episode 6 genuinely creeped me out.

In a good way, but still. Creeped me out.

Posted

Tsuritama

Stuff that slipped my mind from episode 1:

"Let's save the world together!" and "I didn't think we'd actually end up saving the world"

So I assume he's being controlled in episode 6 when he turns on everybody, not because of some secret ulterior motive.

He points at the bait ball and triangles appear above him and it. His gets shattered. Afterwards on the shore, after seeing the captain, and during the welcome home party, Haru holds his hands to his chest. Which I guess could be related to the story at the beginning of episode 1, where the goddess smiles, and a heart appears and begins to spin above the dragon's head, like the triangles. So I guess if hearts and the triangles are the linked, then it'd make sense why Haru is seen clutching his heart after having his triangle shattered.

c9pNu.jpg

UFOyo.jpg

"This is where we meet after a hundred years!" from episode 6 as well. So I guess the bait ball was something to do with the dragon, or maybe the dragon isn't really a dragon but just a huge group of fish. And Haru is maybe that goddess in another form. Or he's at least a deity of some kind. Going on that and "appeared before me".

XYdzi.jpg

And from the story, I reckon the dark cloud part of it will come around after this episode sometime, and things will go the same way, until they eventually beat the dragon again.

Things I want to know: When will the girls who we keep getting glimpses of in scenes and the OP come in? Why do Haru and his sister need someone to go fishing? What is even up with Haru's sister? Why are they scared of Akira? What's up with all the DUCKU business?

That's all I have to say and theorise about it really.

And I loved episode 6. Definitely my favourite so far. I like that it got a bit darker. Not that I don't like happy stuff, I just like how it was so chilled out for so long that I forgot about a lot of stuff and forgot there was more than just Yuki getting better at fishing.