Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh yeah, Mutafukaz. An artist I follow did some preproduction work on it, he said it was one of his favorite projects and he can't wait to see the finished movie. I'd really like to see it, too.

Posted

SyVwwrf.jpg

Release date was announced for Steins;Gate 0's VN, which is November 19th this year in Japan. No date for the anime yet, but if it's anything like the original anime, it'll come a year or so after the VN (And hopefully come out just as amazing, if this VN, too, is fantastic).

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/23/steinsgates-sequel-will-release-in-japan-on-november-19th/

What makes this even more exciting though, is this tweet by 5pb. Games' US division: https://twitter.com/5pbgamesUSA/status/613420318762254336

I guess the English localization on PC and/or console must've been a decent success. This is pretty hype now, can't wait. Hopefully they're not just super teasing and won't be releasing this until 2017 or something, that'd be extremely disappointing.

T1g likes this

Posted

You know something? The first time I heard the stardust crusaders second opening I hated it, but it's really grown on me a lot since then. None of the four jojo openings have been disappointing in any way, shape, or form. Just throwing that out there.

DR SHRUBBERY! and Eka like this

Posted

Took you long enough mcdorko

Posted

You know something? The first time I heard the stardust crusaders second opening I hated it, but it's really grown on me a lot since then. None of the four jojo openings have been disappointing in any way, shape, or form. Just throwing that out there.

I felt the same. Even the first SC OP took me a few listens to like, but I love it. 2nd OP took longer for me to like it but now I also love it. Solid OPs for Jojo.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Well the important thing is you learned to believe in jojo

Posted

Anyone know who's subbing Chaos Dragon?

Posted

http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Summer_2015

Convenient website, even if it isn't always up-to-date. Seems just DameDesuYo is subbing it, but apparently Funimation has two more anime that they're going to be subbing this season and it seems like a pretty Funimation kind of anime. It seems big enough to get either Funimation or Crunchyroll though, so don't worry (if you are worrying).

Posted

I watched the first episode of GANGSTA just now. I enjoyed it. Of the three main characters, 2 are hit men and one is a prostitute. One of the hit men is deaf, so he primarily talks through sign language, but I think he can lip read. He also speaks once in the episode, with a very raspy "I don't sound good because I can't hear myself speak" voice.

Posted

There are a couple of characters in a TV show from last year suspiciously a lot like how you've described those hit men. I have to wonder if GANGSTA's creators are big fans of

the Fargo miniseries

Posted

It is time.

Posted

There are a couple of characters in a TV show from last year suspiciously a lot like how you've described those hit men. I have to wonder if GANGSTA's creators are big fans of

the Fargo miniseries

That was my first thought too.

Posted

I have started the Tatami Galaxy three different times in the last two years. I'd get four episodes in and stop. I liked it a lot. It was just a lot to take in. The episodes are so crammed full of information. I like it. 

The show is really inspiring. I like how some things change but some things are always constant. I'm about to watch episode 6 of 11. 

Teto and T1g like this

Posted

I have started the Tatami Galaxy three different times in the last two years. I'd get four episodes in and stop. I liked it a lot. It was just a lot to take in. The episodes are so crammed full of information. I like it. 

The show is really inspiring. I like how some things change but some things are always constant. I'm about to watch episode 6 of 11. 

The monologue driven narrative feels like how a book should be put to film. I feel like you could probably take away the animation and the audio and be able to follow the story based entirely on the subtitles. Conversely, I wonder how well you could follow the story if you stripped it down to just the visuals alone.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Yeah, anything involving Masaaki Yuasa turns out amazing. Should definitely give Ping Pong a watch, along with any of his other works. He even worked on the episode of Adventure Time "Food Chain", if that makes you any more interested in him. He directed, wrote the script, and even did the animation for the episode. I really can't praise him enough.

In other news though, Anime Expo is happening and it's like E3 hit all over again, but for anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-07-03/anime-expo-2015-news-roundup-day-one/.90042

A nice collection of a bunch of the news involving Crunchyroll/Funimation subbing shows, other companies picking up anime to dub/sub in the near future. Also interesting is that Trigger announced a Little Witch Academia and Inferno Cop crossover.

Speaking of Little Witch Academia, if I'm not mistaken, Enchanted Parade was released today. So find that wherever you can and watch it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-07-03/countdown-site-teases-next-gundam-project/.90060

One countdown ends (Uchikoshi's for Zero Escape 3) and another begins. Seems Sunrise is teasing the next Gundam. I look forward to seeing the probably trailer that'll be posted in 11 days.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-03/sunrise-reveals-classicaloid-comedy-tv-anime-for-2016/.90031

Besides Gundam though, it seems they're planning a new original anime for 2016 called Classicaloid. Just the synopsis itself sounds really interesting:

"The story follows high school students Kanae and Sōsuke, who live in a provincial town that is trying to revitalize itself with music. One day, suddenly "Classicaloid" versions of Beethoven and Mozart appear in front of Kanae and Sōsuke. When the suspicious-looking Classicaloids play music they call "mujik," it has a strange power: stars start to fall, and giant robots appear. Now every day is tumultuous. Eventually, more Classicaloids start to appear such as Bach, Chopin, and Schubert. What is the great power that the Classicaloids have? Are they friends or foe to humanity?"

That coupled with the teaser picture makes me feel like this'll be pretty good. Too bad it's a year away.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-04/dimension-w-anime-announcement-video-reveals-staff-tv-format/.90072

And finally, Funimation announced this adaptation of Dimension W. The synopsis and trailer make it look pretty interesting. Another interesting part is that it'll be similar to Space Dandy in that it'll be released worldwide while airing, which is also cool as heck.

And that's basically all the things relevant to my interests that have happened so far. Sorey for big post that no one will read. Gomenasai.

Also, T1g, just in case, do you know about the currently airing Wooser season? I know you and Shaq watched that way back when and I'm just making sure you know about the newest season.