Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I did like Hols, don't get me wrong I mean. Tales from Earthsea just reminds me of it in a way. Just that it's a fantasy adventure kind of story before technology was a thing. Instead of most Ghibli movies being more whimsical kind of things.

Posted

I'm about to partake in episode 1 of Planetes.

Quite excited; heard good things. :]

Posted

I finished Fullmetal Alchemist the other day. It was really good. I'm going to watch FMA Brotherhood next.

Posted

It's like one of the few good Sunrise animu, Eka.

Posted

That one's good, Eka. One of the more realistic scifi shows I've seen in a long time. I tried picking it up on Amazon, but I had to go second-hand, and it never arrived. Didn't get a refund, either :(

Sunrise has some other good shows. I loved Vision of Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop, and Dirty Pair was a lot of fun. Come to think of it, most of the Sunrise stuff I've seen is pretty old, apart from Planetes and Code Geass, both of which I liked.

Posted

Sunrise is all like

MECHS AND ALSO JAPAN

most of the time.

The only reason Cowboy Bebop was good was because Nabeshin directed it.

Posted

I loved Vision of Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop

I love you. <3 I still gotta finish Bebop, but FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN OF IT, its quite enjoyable. :3

Planetes episode 1 was so freakin' good too. :'3 I'm really digging the character design. I'll be watching it at OZC releases it (that way I can at least balance my other shows at the same time).

Posted

I still gotta finish Bebop,

Well this is interesting.

Finish it asap.

Posted

The only reason Cowboy Bebop was good was because Nabeshin directed it.

No he didn't. Cowboy Bebop was directed by Shin'ichirou Watenabe, not Shin'ichi Watanabe.

Posted

Oh wait, my bad.

Yeah, that's easily confused upon.

Still, Sunrise made s-CRY-ed, and this is unforgivable. :<

Posted

I watch what I read... Except, for some reason, I haven't kept up with Yakitate Japan. Shame on me.

That and I'd rather force you all to watch the first season of Kuroshitsuji, Now and Then, Here and There, Strange Dawn and this one other anime that I forgot the title of because it's been so goddamn long.

Oh my God. I finally found the title of it after years.... "Shin Hakkenden." Unfortunately, I can't add it to my anime planet list because it is, apparently, that vague.

Posted

Still, Sunrise made s-CRY-ed, and this is unforgivable. :<

RYUUUUUHOOOOOOOOOOOO

But aw, I still liked s-CRY-ed (besides the ending).

Posted

The ending is what makes me say that.

It was worse than a BONES ending.

WE BOTH BECOME ONE WITH OUR ALTARS

OUR ALTARS BREAK OR SOMETHING

WE'RE NOW SUPER POWERFUL

WE PUNCH EACH OTHER

UNEXPLAINED KINSHIP

HEY

WE'LL FIGHT TOGETHER!

HEY YOU DOUCHEBAGS

(douchebags turn around)

WE'RE GONNA' BEAT YOU

PUNCH ROCK

END

Posted

It was worse than a BONES ending.

E7's ending = glorious and romantic and rainbow-filled. ;; <3

Wolf's Rain's ending = tragically freaking awesome (bit confusing though, but meh)

Heroman's ending = I expected a lame generic 'somehow now incredibly powerful' punch as a finale and I got a giant lazer. No seriously it was pretty decent. xD

Star Driver's ending = conclusive, good and fabulous, even if pretty much the rest of the show sucked

FMA Brotherhood's ending = like the manga's, so, epic as hell

Xam'd Lost Memories' ending = YES

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 = my creys ;_; <3

BONES has good endings, but sometimes with other shows they just suck at pacing so the ending is rushed or doesn't make sense. :\ Pretty much I only disliked Soul Eater's, Darker than BLACK's, The Skull Man's and GOSICK's endings. But then again I really don't like GOSICK a lot to begin with. *le shrug*

But XD

cause yeah, punching rocks just emanates manliness y'know?

I think I remember reading somewhere that Sunrise was gonna make something new using s-CRY-ed, but Iunno when that would be. Either way, that'll be cool when it releases.