Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

her comment kind of angered me a little. I would have hit her thigh if she was near me.

this was a fireball reference if you didnt pick up on it chimetals

Posted

Hopefully Eureka 7 pulls a coherent plot from somewhere.

Anywhere.

Sahaqiel

Coherent to the ending of the first anime, wellIhope at least a little. Its supposed to be a direct sequel, but its starring like everyone's kids.

IsweartoGod ifthatdark-hairedguydrivingthecar isHollandandTalho'sson I'llgoabsolutelynutswithhappiness.

Unfortunately Chapter 1 of the manga basically sucked eggs but from the PV it looks like the show's going about it a little differently.

And the OP song is boss.

Eka: When people are trying to think of what your online name is, and then they figure it out, have they ever said, "Eureka! You're Eka!"

Because if I knew you IRL I would do that many times.

A few times. xD The friend who gave me the nickname basically did that because my old username was so long and had her name in it.

One time I had one guy say that it was Finnish for 'Number One' though; that was kind of interesting.

Posted

this was a fireball reference if you didnt pick up on it chimetals

i didnt, it just sounded like violence that would have happened for much less of a reason than i would have called allowable.

Posted

its a joke. because fireball is funny

Posted

'Went and saw Arrietty in theaters this past Tuesday. Definitely one of my favorite movies from Ghibli; it was so cute. ;3;

Posted

we are going to go see it tomorrow after club

Posted

Saw it last year in Japanese, downloaded off the internet. And then twice since I bought it on DVD last month.

Old as the hills.

Posted

lkfgdjft the UK and its early releases. :c 'Bet the UK dub's awesome, too.

Also I finished Haibane Renmei tonight; good, good show. First episode was fantastic, next 4 episodes were mneh daily life stuff, episodes 6 - 13 were fantastic again.

I must AMV it.

Posted

we are watching haibane renmei in club so no spoilers

also yeah i was told ahead of time that it gets amazing starting at 6

Posted

haibane renmei is pheo they all die

Posted

@T1g: *nods*

I wouldn't say it would compel me to buy the series, but it certainly had me hooked from episode 6 and on.

Also, found a song to AMV it.

'Dis go'n be fun~

Posted

watched arriety

Posted

He thought it was lame.

Posted

it was just AWFUL

i mean why didnt the mom get disected?!?!?!

Posted

My favourite part was the unconventional ending. Always tend to enjoy a movie more if there's a bittersweet ending.

POM POKO RANT/RAVE OUT OF NOWHERE

Pom Poko is still my favourite one for that. Can't get enough of the way Pom Poko progressed with hopeless sort of realism, with nobody taking the hauntings seriously, and how everything was eventually forgotten and wasted even if it was incredibly surreal. Resisting the change and eventually having to adapt, facing the fact that they couldn't win. Despise the fact that so many people don't want to watch the movie because of the balls, and then get too distracted by them to actually appreciate the movie.

"Your favourite Ghibli movie is Pom Poko? [ball joke]"

YEAH SAY THAT TO MY FACE PLEB I'LL SHANK YOU IN THE NECK

MESS WITH ME YOU GONNA GET HURT

"Clip from a Japanese movie called Pom Poko. It's really funny!"

"Did I just see their BALLS being used as both a method of transportation and a weapon? o.o"

"For me, the movie was boring but it had a good message: be kinder to the Earth, save the trees, raccoon balls are quite stretchy and powerful, ya know the usual. XD"

I WILL squidding RUIN YOU

And no, not to say I don't like happy endings. Only Yesterday makes me so happy, watching the end over and over. Pom Poko's ending doesn't make me feel happier. It just makes me feel more.