Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

T1G if you come near me with a toothbrush or floss or anything alike I will murder you. We're not recreating Nisemonogatari :<

Posted

I have mixed emotions about that episode of Nisemono.

But they're not bad.

Posted

it certainly takes away from the overall quality of the story

ammonsa where doing this

where MAKING this HAPPEN

Posted

>where

Posted

I feel like that was a thing he might've picked up from MSPA. I might just be being lenient though.

Posted

*HAPEN

Posted

thanks teto for catching my typo

Posted

for those of you who are fans of Takashi Taniguchi

i.e. the best person ever

Rob obtained high quality versions of all of his stuff and is subtitling it all

i want it all right now but i have to wait for him to finish hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Posted

Oh man, that was surreally funny, T1g.

Posted

So Guilty Crown legitimately has so many problems with it, yet the OST is awesome and I want to buy the CD.

//weeping

Posted

HMV recently cut their prices. Eureka Seven movie is like £10, and I think they actually had a Soul Eater boxset for £20?

Which is cool but sigh no I wont get either of them. Might watch Eureka Seven online eventually though, since you talk and post about it so often Eka. Actually thinking about downloading something Phantom of the Opera related as well, to see what it's all about because you post it so often lol.

Only thing I think I'd get from HMV atm is Origin. I don't think it's meant to be all that good, but it's only £3 so I might as well get it.

Posted

Origin was pretty cool; I loved the animation and the story was nice, if a tad cliche.

Watch E7 if you like

-Mechs

-Romance

-Tolerating a Shinji-like character for the first 21 episodes (I only say tolerate because while I generally liked Renton, a lot of people don't. At least for those episodes. Because he's whiny).

-Techno (OST)

-Rainbows

You know I'd recommend it, but you really need to actually like what you're getting into to enjoy it, since its 50 episodes.

A lot of people hate the movie for AU'ness. I think I'd rather recommend finishing the first series and then checking out its sequel (which is gonna release in April 2012 and I am SO EXCITED HURGH). You can skip the movie if you want. *shrugs*

And Phantom.

Oh Phantom. <3

If you can enjoy the musical element, it should be good. The movie version with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum is coolio, but I recommend the recently-released 'Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall' DVD, since (besides one iconic element of the story not happening: the chandelier doesn't fall in this production because I don't think they were able to rig it in time for the performance) its WAY closer to the original play.

And Ramin Karimloo/Sierra Boggess/Hadley Fraser is a flawless lead trio.

*endsrave* :'3

Also this weekend shall be the weekend I finally marathon Shuffle. I know its not the most amazing of shows, but my friends'll kill me otherwise.

Posted

Probably not the best to discuss Phantom, but I'll just quickly reply to that business.

I gre up listening to the Original Broadwat Cast and to some extent the Canadian Cast. I hated the film version of Phantom of the Opera, but I enjoyed the 25th anniversary concert, which I watched last week. It's too bad the chandelier didn't fall in that version, but it's still a really stunning production, and a good one to show someone who's never seen it on stage. I'm still figuring out how I feel about some parts of it, though. I get picky since I've heard/seen a few different performances and it's tough to pick a favourite. Michael Crawford plays the Phantom more maniacal and aloof, Colm Wilkinson is more physical, but pitiful near the end, and Ramin Karimloo has a wonderful flexibility with his voice that really makes certain scenes work better than anyone else. I guess what I find intriguing about the Phantom is how he's at once repulsive, frightening and alluring.

Posted

Arache, I think you just became my new best friend. :'3

Just gonna spoiler this so as not to take up a lot of room about Phantom'y things.

I agree on all of your points about various Phantoms. Earl Carpenter also balances maniacal at the start and pitiful near the end. I watched a recorded version of one of his shows and he had one of the most heartbreaking reactions to the Christine's decision during Final Lair that I've seen in a very long time. ;3; I also really like John Cudia as both the Phantom and Raoul (though I've only seen him as the Phantom live in Toronto, and Raoul through a recording).

I love seeing all these different interpretations of the character; it seems that each actor gives the Phantom their own quirk. Very interesting. c:

But anyways, back on topic. xD

I was thinking of checking out Yu Yu Hakusho; anyone seen it?

Posted

Arache, I think you just became my new best friend. :'3

Just gonna spoiler this so as not to take up a lot of room about Phantom'y things.

I agree on all of your points about various Phantoms. Earl Carpenter also balances maniacal at the start and pitiful near the end. I watched a recorded version of one of his shows and he had one of the most heartbreaking reactions to the Christine's decision during Final Lair that I've seen in a very long time. ;3; I also really like John Cudia as both the Phantom and Raoul (though I've only seen him as the Phantom live in Toronto, and Raoul through a recording).

I love seeing all these different interpretations of the character; it seems that each actor gives the Phantom their own quirk. Very interesting. c:

But anyways, back on topic. xD

I was thinking of checking out Yu Yu Hakusho; anyone seen it?

I have, I loved it as a kid, it is a great series but it also kinda drags on too much