Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

I finally got my order of TO: Elliptical Orbit & Symbiotic Planet from Amazon delivered!

kyosei_ja.png

Its the most recent set of animations from the people behind Vexille and Appleseed. It featured two stories and compiled them into one set. The first one was Elliptical Orbit (which was okay; I wasn't really drawn into it besides the epic point where the Space Pirates hopped aboard cargo and infiltrated. Also when I found out the girl's name was Maria; oh you trollin' company, you~ ;D) and then that was followed by Symbiotic Planet (which was AWESOME).

All in all, a worthwhile buy. Before it came in the mail I was reading a ton of terrible reviews on Amazon from various people; they just ripped this set to shreeeeds. :c Stiff animation, not enough storyline; just complaints about pretty much everything. To be perfectly honest the animation was exactly the same as Vexille (which they all praised) and I only saw some slight stiffness in the first one. As for storyline, I think the timeline in which they captured events was pretty smooth; I didn't think either feature was too long or too short.

Not an amazing set of animations, but nice. And I'll likely rewatch Symbiotic Planet a lot. C: (And edit with it. Muahahaha~)

Also I'd like to look up more of this Tetsuya Takahashi composer's work; he did a fantastic job for TO.

Posted

I watched the first episode of Chobits. It reminds me of a manga I started called "Cell Phone Girl Heaven." It's about a girl who is a cell phone. You dial using her boobs, and you deliver email and receive email from her vagina. It's not bad.

Also I can't remember if I told you, but I've also been reading Kissxsis. It's really disturbing and perverted, but I like it.

Posted

I watched the first episode of Chobits. It reminds me of a manga I started called "Cell Phone Girl Heaven." It's about a girl who is a cell phone. You dial using her boobs, and you deliver email and receive email from her vagina. It's not bad.

Also I can't remember if I told you, but I've also been reading Kissxsis. It's really disturbing and perverted, but I like it.

425389-1691244_not_sure_if_troll_super_super.jpg

That first manga you mentioned especially sounds like a weirdass read. o_0? But Chobits is decent, if you get past the fanservice (unless you like it).

I'm thinking I'll have a bit of a marathon tomorrow 'cause I haven't watched anything in forever. Today I decided to randomly partake in episode 1 of Mawaru Penguindrum (for it involved penguins and was by Brains Base).

And now I honestly don't know what I just watched. xD

Also Porco Rosso was all kinds of awesome!

Posted

32,000 is MINE

Posted

Not sure I follow? "32 000" meaning... ?

Posted

gosh studio ghibli are looking great for their next few movies <:

From up on Poppy Hill - Goro Miyazaki's made a drama(ish?) movie (at least I think so, from the plot description on wikipedia) which is out in Japanese cinemas in a few days

The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter - Isao Takahata's first movie in like 10 years (best director)

Porco Rosso 2: The Last Sortie - Porco Rosso. Best Miyazaki film >: I can just watch it over and over and over. A sequel will be great no matter what it' like.

If you can't already tell, drama > whimsy and adventure in my eyes.

Oh also, for From up on Poppy Hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwkSbcrNBpc

And

Posted

I'm really excited for From Up On Poppy Hill (and is that Aoi Teshima singing?! Sounds like her; if so, yeaaaahhhh~ :'D)

Porco Rosso 2: The Last Sortie

That's actually happening?!

tumblr_lnfo08yIz31qhpp72.gif

I just watched Porco Rosso this year and loved it immensely~ :'D

Posted

Dude, Teto, I watched Grave of the Fireflies. That movie was so sad, mangggg. : ( It just keeps getting worse and worse for Seita and Setsuko. It tries to make you think that they might have a little tiny bit of hope, but then it's all like no.

: ( So sad.

Posted

I'm really excited for From Up On Poppy Hill (and is that Aoi Teshima singing?! Sounds like her; if so, yeaaaahhhh~ :'D)

That's actually happening?!

tumblr_lnfo08yIz31qhpp72.gif

I just watched Porco Rosso this year and loved it immensely~ :'D

wait actually no I don't think I saw anything confirming it actually. Just that it has an IMBd page saying 2012 as well as Wikipedia listing it as the same year. I guess I can't just trust those though >: Hopefully the 2012 date is based on something that I just haven't seen though.

And hopefully Poppy Hill's going to be good. Would be a bit disappointed if Goro Miyazaki's second movie wasn't as much of an imporvement from his first, Tales from Earthsea, which I don't think was really all that good. Kind of reminds me of The Little Norse Prince (Hols: Prince of the Sun) in a way, which was Isao Takahata's first movie. If Goro Miyazaki takes the Isao Takahata route by making that kind of film and then moving onto more serious subject kind of films like Isao Takahata then I'll be very very very happy.

Dude, Teto, I watched Grave of the Fireflies. That movie was so sad, mangggg. : ( It just keeps getting worse and worse for Seita and Setsuko. It tries to make you think that they might have a little tiny bit of hope, but then it's all like no.

: ( So sad.

ffff that movie >:

So good, but so sad that you never want to watch it ever again. Well I don't ): It's the one movie that's made me cry. And more reason to believe Isao Takahata is the best thing ever.

The funeral scene is just ohmygod. The war ending and everybody's so happy about it, playing their music while in the field nearby he's cremating his sister. Such a beautiful movie.

Also Eka, you're linking that picture and I'm thinking, do you have a tumblr? Because like I'd totally follow you okay?

Posted

Not gonna lie, this sounds like a hentai setup. With a bit of Whimsy, but....like....

what is this i dont even

Posted

Dennou Coil, how do I express my reaction to you in words.

Probably one of the most heart-warming anime ever. It might've taken all day to watch it, but that was definitely worth it, haven't watched something like that for a while.

I love you, Densuke.

d3cutout.png

Posted

Deadman Wonderland. That is all.

(We can all giggle at the really buttery opening)

Posted

Yuriko, why do you only watch bad anime? ):

Posted

For the same reason she plays the video games she plays

Posted

I actually liked Hols: Prince of the Sun. It was a little cheesy, but it told the story well and has some pretty animation for the time.

So Earthsea wasn't very good? That's a shame. I should probably read the books, but every time I hear about them they sound so derivative and cliche.

Grave of the Fireflies made me bawl my eyes out. The tragedy of their situation is how Seitou's pride was what really got in the way. He could have gone back to those relatives, as much as they both would have hated the idea.