Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The E3 Thread

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Showing off:

- New way of travel

- "Adelle"

- The rumored Zelda (Yes, that blonde girl might be Zelda)

- Skyloft

Amazing! how do you guys feel?

More trailers!

Featuring -

Animal Crossing (YESSS) (3ds)

2 Kirbys (Wii and DS)

Super Mario (3ds)

Luigi's Mansion (OMG) (3ds)

Kid Icarus (3ds)

Mario Kart (3ds)

Paper Mario (3ds)

star Fox 64 (3ds)

OoT (3ds)

The Wii U was also announced, with it's touch screen goodness!

Only about two games have been announced, but many 3rd party titles are coming!

Posted

I'm really excited. Can't wait. Also, Jared, do you have a 3DS? A bunch of trailers for 3DS games shown at E3 can be downloaded at Nintendo's E-Shop so you can see the 3D effect. My favourite so far is for MarioKart 3DS, but Ocarina of Time 3D is also really pretty.

Posted

http://e3.nintendo.com/

Has a bunch of trailers and stuff.

The Wii U apparently uses "12-cm proprietary high-density optical discs". Not Blu-ray. I hope for Nintendo's sake that they at least can hold 10GB, or there's going to be a huge backlash from fans and developers.

Posted

im not sure what to think about that wii U....it looks like the ds and wii had a lovechild, and the main body (the one that eats the discs) reminds me of an xbox 360 >.> idk why.

it looks like some hard-core potential, but i wanna see the games first....and confirm that if i go on a car ride with it, it wont fry the converter/car fuse like my xbox360 did >.<

Posted

You can play as Bandana Dee on Kirby Wii.

This is puppying awesome.

Posted

Reggie interview says Skyward Sword will have Wind Waker-esque exploration. But on a bird instead of a boat I guess.

Posted

Also, Jared, do you have a 3DS?

Not yet (I'm poor xD)

But once I do, i'll add you if you like :3

Reggie interview says Skyward Sword will have Wind Waker-esque exploration. But on a bird instead of a boat I guess.

Really? SWEET. I loved the exploration in WW!!!!

Linox likes this

Posted

---Mario Kart 3D---

Will likely have similar controls to Mario Kart DS. Will feature stages from other Mario Kart games, including Mario Karts DS and Wii. A new feature augments Karts with secondary modes of transportation, such as hang gliders or submarine propellers. This does not appear to radically affect the gameplay. Another new feature allows players to mix and match parts of character's karts to create entirely new karts. It is unknown just how different parts will affect each karts stats.

---Luigi's Mansion 2---

The controls appear to be slightly altered from the previous game. The flashlight in particular appears to have improved: rather than holding down a button to turn it off, it seems a button press will cause a brief, intense flash to surprise ghosts. The ghosts interact with the environment much more than in the previous game, creating a sort of poltergeist effect. Also, the game will apparently feature multiple mansions.

---Kid Icarus: Uprising---

Not much new here, except for a multiplayer mode. From what I understand, players are organized into two teams, each of which contains one angel and a number of soldiers. The soldiers attempt to take out the opposing team's angel while defending their own.

---Animal Crossing 3D---

Player characters appear to be taller and slightly more realistically proportioned than in previous installments. The textures of the characters' clothing are also much more detailed. There also appears to be a new feature in which townspeople will follow the player. The player also can swim in the ocean.

---Super Mario 3D---

The game is a 3D platformer that incorporates elements from 2D platformers. Objects such as musical note platforms make an appearance, and Mario's Tanuki Suit is also featured. The Koopalings also make an appearance. The camera appears to be mostly in a fixed position, as opposed to most other 3D Mario platformers.