Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jurassic Park: The Series

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I Recently chatted with Don Davis the Composer on Jurassic Park 3 and he told me that there were plans to make a Jurassic Park animated series but after JP3 underperformed at the Box-office the show was cancelled.

This is what I remember from what he said about the plot.

After the events of JP3 the US and Costa Rican governments jointly build a permanent base on the island which is staffed with US and Costa Rican military, there is also a civilian presence in the form of Dr. Alan Grant and his associate Billy who work alongside a team of scientists to study the dinosaurs.

The show would have been CG and storys would've varied per episode:

There would've been a character named Max Gauge, a big game hunter who wanted to kill the Spinosaurus and other large dinosaurs

Science Commandos from GenTec a rival of InGen who try to steal Dino eggs to make there own Dinosaurs

Encounters with an unknown animal who turns out to be one of InGen's secret Chimera's (genetic hybrids)

Rescuing intruders to the island

There would've been a moral to each episode such as:

Deforestation

War

Poverty

Animal Extinction

As well as cameo's from Jurassic Park characters:

Ellie

Malcolm

Lex and Tim (The Kids)

John Hammond (clone)

Posted

How do you even get to chat with someone that important? Lucky.

Anyway, never a huge fan of Jurassic Park (it's good, though not one of my fave movies), but that Godzilla reboot in1998 wasn't all that good and it got an animated series. What gives?

Posted

How do you even get to chat with someone that important? Lucky.

Anyway, never a huge fan of Jurassic Park (it's good, though not one of my fave movies), but that Godzilla reboot in1998 wasn't all that good and it got an animated series. What gives?

I was working security at the Hartford Symphony Orchestra where he was a guest composer. During a break I had him sign my Jurassic Park 3 CD and we got to talking about the other movies he worked on (The Matrix, Behind Enemy Lines, A Goofy Movie, Antitrust, The Marine) and he told me about the Jurassic Park series. He had even composed a bit of music that was to be the Intro song. He E-Mailed me an MP3 a while later, it's a very John Williams inspired tune with his (Davis') distinct style thrown in, much like JP3.

Posted

Well feel free to share it with us! The intro, I mean.