Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nonary Werewolf

860 posts in this topic

Posted

Standard rules apply, with the addition of the Castle Mechanic. During the day phase, the players will find themselves in a specific room with with a number of objects. During the day, the player can choose to inspect an object to find items or activate other events.

The difference between this game and the last game is the way doors work. The room that each player winds up in depends on the events of the previous day. Each player is assigned a Bracelet Number. There are nine doors, each one numbered 1 through 9. After a lynch takes place, all the players who participated in the lynching will enter through the door whose number matches the Digital Root of those players, and all players who did not participate in the lynch will enter through the door that corresponds to their digital root. Rooms do not affect night actions. Rooms only affect which objects are available for inspection during the following day phase. Also, if no lynch takes place, nobody gets into any rooms. Also, if fewer than 3 players are on the non-lynch side, then they don't get to go through a door. A majority of votes is required to lynch. Any player who votes to lynch after the majority has been reached will be placed in the non-lynch group.

very very important things here. this is what makes this game super special.

Posted

theres no indication that 13 and 14 are even in the game, its just as likely that there are doubles of the same numbers, since 13 and 14 would just be 4 and 5 in digital root form.

and numbers could be assigned randomly, not necessarily associated with alignment.

Posted

we need to decide whether to reveal numbers, which, given that we have 17 players, isnt a role reveal exactly--and since this is "another game" the ds numbers could also be different (june being [2] in this game or something) or if we want to keep the numbers secret. or, hell, make up code names, whatever. :P

or we can just play werewolf

you are making this so complicated chimetals

they just needed a basic understanding of the nonary game they dont need rp bullshit

which is exactly where you were going with this

Wait, was this in the rules or are you talking about the game?

oh yeah good catch that limit doesnt apply here

you guys dont seem to understand that there isnt much strategy involved with this day one

none of us know what doors we want to get into, accept maybe [Ace], who might want to get into [1], but that aside, we are actually best off not revealing our numbers.

We should simply perform a typical day one lynch on a player and be done with it. The complicated room stuff can be put off until day 2

Posted

Largely Legendary

for obscene use of font size. and as a countervote.

Posted

Retract, because chivalry or something.

Pheo, come be active.

Posted

I thought pheo and t1g were at the hospital fff

last I knew

I'm sure he'll come around and be active.

(also I haven't played this ds game ffff, time for wiki)

Posted

Does anyone actually plan on role claiming today?

Urgh, I'm not used to not knowing what roles are in the game. I DON'T KNOW IF WE HAVE A COP AND A HOOKER OR WHAT URGHGHGHGH.

Posted

Wow I really need to start posting, sorry about my absence. :embarrassed:

I guess the only think I have to say is I signed up after the original 9 spots were taken, but I still have a role corresponding to one of the original 9 cast members. So, I guess we shouldn't assume a person's joining time reflects the role they received.

Posted

Pheo for day one bandwagon '11

we need YOU for random acts of lynching

Posted

i dont think roleclaiming day 1 is a good idea, though it really doesnt matter--depending on the route you take in the game, different characters act like dicks. its like DRRR in reverse--everyone is a total dick at some point. kainda. basically the wolves are most likely random, but if theyre not, were gonna have to look out for santa, june, and maybe snake/seven, or any of the 4 "founders" of the game.

however, i think jumping on the idea that a specific character=wolf is a bad path to take.

Posted

I thought pheo and t1g were at the hospital fff

last I knew

I'm sure he'll come around and be active.

Well, we got back at about 11:30 last night because we had to take care of the dog. But I was asleep by the time Chimetals told me to come be active.

I also want to let all of you know, I'm going to be doing volunteer work in Joplin, helping to clear debris, all this week. I'll be back friday or saturday or somesuch, but I'll probably be sincerely innactive between then. I've chosen not to bring my laptop, because I don't want to risk losing it to looters or something. I'm going to be talking with Aethix about what to do for my night action, since I won't be around to make it.

First of all, I don't see a point in having everyone role claim numbers at the very beginning of the game. It would only give information to the people who've played the game, and even then, it wouldn't necessarily be accurate. We're only on day one, and we barely have any experience to go off.

Now as much as I'm all for voting for my brother, I think that, going off previous werewolf games, Sahaqiel would be the best first day bandwagon. He literally has a 50/50 record of being town/werewolf, and he was town last game. Assuming all instances of chance in games are measured in pairs, there's suddenly a very high chance he'll be a wolf. Even if we reduce that back to game by game, it's still 50/50.

Posted

pheo is in wolf cahoots with Aethix and Joplin debris.

Clearing up the debris, Pheo?

More like

CLEARING IT OF SUSPICION BY MAKING AN ALIBI THAT COVERS YOU, AETHIX AND JOPLIN DEBRIS

crafty

but it isn't good enough

your friend here will pay the price

I honestly feel Joplin debris is the best choice for lynch.

Posted

Right, digital roots are important. Look over the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_root

Also, each player's bracelet number is exactly what I said it was in the PM. There are no upside-down numbers or anything like that.

Also, there are no limits on how many people may enter a room, for the sake of gameplay. On day 2, players will PM me to inspect objects in the room they're in. Right now, nobody is in a room. Every character whose bracelet number was revealed in the original game will have the same bracelet number in this werewolf game. However, more than one player may have the same bracelet number.

• Pheo - 2 (Sideli, Yoshia)
  • Sahaqiel - 1 (Pheo)

Posted

UH I BELIEVE SIDELI REMOVED HIS VOTE FROM ME

also, no day actions today I guess

Posted

I say Pheo because he didn't vote for me in his first post

veeeeeeeeeery suspicious