22 posts in this topic

Posted

i think you are supposed to use the longshot

and yeah i was talking about the poe

Posted

I mean, I'd beaten the Spirit Temple before getting the Lens

so

there's that

Except I didn't because I'm stupid. I got the Lens before the cutscene in Kakariko would've happened.

Posted

I'm currently doing the Gerudo Valley part just after the Fire Temple. Doing without the Longshot in Gerudo Valley is easy. I think a better challenge is going through Gerudo Fortress without getting the bow. Not sure if you even need the hookshot, but I might try going without when I do the Master Quest.

Now I'm starting to wonder what I can get away with in terms of doing the temples out of order. You need the longshot to get to the Spirit Temple, but do you need the hammer to go through the Water Temple? Or the bow for the Fire Temple?

Posted

Arachne,

do you have the hover boots? If you don't have the hover boots or longshot, how did you get past the sand river?

For reference:

here

Posted

I haven't gone to the Spirit Temple yet. I mentioned I'd need the Longshot to do that. I was just wondering about how much I could deviate with the Forest, Fire and Water Temple in terms of order. You only need the hookshot to get into any of those temples, but some parts might require the bow.

Posted

Alright well, you can do them in this order:

Fire->Forest->Water

Forest->Water->Fire

Then, of course, you can go:

Spirit->Shadow

Those are all the alternate ways of going about it.

Forest->Fire->Water->Shadow->Spirit is the suggested path.

There's a glitch you can exploit that makes the Spirit temple open up earlier, but I'm not sure if it's even in the 3DS version. Plus, you'd have to memorize the exact path of the Poe, so that might be a bother too, since you probably won't have the Lens of Truth if you're trying to beat the Spirit Temple before the Forest Temple.

Posted

I just never remember getting the Sun's song before I was an adult XD it was strange to me.

I feel like I had beaten the fire and water temples before I beat the forest temple, just cuz I didn't like the forest temple for some reason.