Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Comics Review Board

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Review #1

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Issue #160

Death of Ultimate Spider-Man

A bloodied Peter Parker stands mask off in the scorched grass of his home in Forest Hills Queens. His enemies The Sinister Six (Vulture, Electrio, Kraven, Sandman and Green Goblin) have tracked him down. As his abdomen drips blood from a gunshot given to him by Punisher (spidey took a bullet meant for Captain America) in Avenger vs. New Ultimates #3 he easily dispatches Vulture and Kraven. With Electro looming over him a gunshot rings out striking the villain in the back and out his chest killing him instantly. With help from Teenage Mutant Iceman Sandman is defeated leaving only Green Goblin.

The Unmasked hero, in full view of his neighbors battles the savage goblin in a last ditch fight to save his family and friends. Lifting a fully loaded semi complete with trailer on the Goblin's head Peter is floored as the rig explodes in his face.

"Somebody do something!" MJ screams as flames burn all around.

As blood drips from his nose and mouth Peter, tears in his eyes smiles "It's okay, I...I did it. I couldn't save him Uncle Ben I couldn't save him. No matter what I did. But I saved you, I did it...I did..." Teenage hero Johnny Storm leans in and places an ear to his friends chest, his blank look speaks volumes. Peter Parker the 17 year old kid known to the world as Spider-Man is dead.

The End

Posted

Spiderman was always one of my favorites. :cry:

How about that Flashpoint comic that /co/ is talking about? Could you review that?

Posted

Spiderman was always one of my favorites. :cry:

How about that Flashpoint comic that /co/ is talking about? Could you review that?

Eww I don't read DC! I'm a Marvelite. The only DC I read is Batman Beyond.

As for Spidey, he may be dead now but soon the Ultimate Rebirth event will shake the Ultimate Universe to it's core and who knows, maybe a certain web headed hero will join the fray.

Posted

Awww, I always liked DC a little more (mostly because of Batman).

Anyway, didn't Spiderman join the Fantastic 4 or something recently? I haven't kept up with him too well...

Posted

Awww, I always liked DC a little more (mostly because of Batman).

Anyway, didn't Spiderman join the Fantastic 4 or something recently? I haven't kept up with him too well...

Not the Fantastic Four, the Future Foundation. You see after Johnny Storm died he asked (in his Will) that Peter Parker join the team. But the Fantastic Four died with Johnny, the new group is The Future Foundation, a huge think tank dedicated to securing the Future. Spider-Man has a nifty White and Black suit he wears on FF missions, which can change via unstable molecules into anything he can think of. There's a lot of stuff happening in the world of Amazing Spider-Man too. The Midgard Serpent has been released and is causing fear to grip the planet while his army (heroes and villains possessed by Thor-like Hammers) terrorise the population.

And, Spider-Man villain Miles Warren is using the New York Bedbug outbreak (which he created) to spread Spider-Man like powers to the Population of New York.

Posted

Review #2:

Falling Skies: The Official Prequel Book

By Paul Tobin and Juan Ferreyra

Things have changed recently for Tom Mason, beloved husband and father of three. The Earth has been invaded by Aliens. Six weeks after the Invasion his wife is dead and every day is a struggle to survive. Mason and his sons Hal, Matt and Ben have met up with other survivors including Anne Glass a Pediatrician who treats the wounded. After the group is attacked by the Skitters, the six legged aliens and their walking machines called Mechs, Tom looses his Son Ben to the invaders who take him captive. Tom and the survivors meet up with a militia formed of retired military and civilians ready to fight "The 2nd Mass". After securing weapons for the group Tom is then ordered to go on a scavenging mission for food (which leads right into the opening of the tv series pilot).

Posted

Yeah, DC sucks. I really wanna get into Marvel comics (Earth-616/Mainstream Universe) but I dunno where to start! Thinking maybe Thor as my main hero, but not sure. My co-worker mention something about Marvel Essential books or something I unno. Any suggestions??

Posted

Yeah, DC sucks. I really wanna get into Marvel comics (Earth-616/Mainstream Universe) but I dunno where to start! Thinking maybe Thor as my main hero, but not sure. My co-worker mention something about Marvel Essential books or something I unno. Any suggestions??

I'd suggest that you stay away from the older Marvel Comics. The 60's stories pale in comparison to the modern stories. For new readers I suggest the Ultimate Marvel Universe over the established 616 reality. The origins are updated to reflect the advances in science:

The Ultimate Fantastic Four get their abilities in a teleportation accident rather than exposure to cosmic rays in space.

Peter Parker is bitten by a genetically modified spider (it was exposed to OZ, a drug created by Norman Osbourne as a failed Super Soldier drug for SHIELD).

Many of the Ultimate storylines involve Shields obsession to recreate the Super Soldier project, even the "Mutants" of X-Men are revealed to be faailed Super Soldier tests as is the Hulk.

Posted

I started reading Ultimate X-men... I suppose I can give the Ultimateverse another shot. Thanks.

Posted

I started reading Ultimate X-men... I suppose I can give the Ultimateverse another shot. Thanks.

I suggest Ultimate Spider-Man. Start with the Ultimate Spider-Man Trade Paper Back (book collection of several issues) Volume 1 "Power and Responsibility". I have every USM trade paperback and the recent relaunch "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man".

Posted

No.

I hate Spiderman.

Posted

No.

I hate Spiderman.

Hate Spider-Man...what are these strange words, they have no meaning. Surely you've heard that he's the worlds most popular super hero? Forget Superman or Batman, Spider-Man is the most popular of them all. He's the original Teen super hero, before Spidey teens were only sidekicks.

Posted

Yeah, he's also a whiny little bitch.