Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: The Motion Picture

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure everyone has had some idea of how the worlds greatest Nintendo game (sorry Mario) could be adapted to the big screen.

Well here you can actually post your ideas and have them veted by other Zelda fans.

Here's Mine:

The story will be a mash-up of plots from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

The King of Hyrule has been lied to, his advisor Ganondorf has told him that the Royal Bodyguards "The Knights of Hyrule" are secretly plotting to overthrow the Monarchy. The King orders all Knights of Hyrule killed including his longtime friend Owen. Owen and his wife (also a Hyrule knight) named Rachel are attacked with Owen dying protecting an injured Rachel. Rachel flees Hyrule with her newborn son Link and they travel to Ordona provence where her brother lives. Rachel gives Link to her brother Samuel and asks him to watch over the Boy.

Ganondorf creates a new guard made up of Gerudo Warriors, his people who are loyal to him and not the King. Ganon plans to uncover the resting place of the Triforce and use it's power to steal the Kingdom from the King. as was prophecied would happen, but only if he eliminated the Knights because "A Hyrule knight weilding the Blade of Evils Bane will strike him down". Eighteen years later a Ganon has found the location of the Triforce. But Link now a Teenager is psychically summoned deep into the Forest by the Woodland spirit the Deku Tree, the last of the old ways.

The Deku tree sees all that happens in Hyrule and he tells Link of Ganon's intentions, the evils he has committed and the fact that since Link is the offspring of two knights, he is the one spoken of in prophecy to weild the Master Sword and defeat Ganon. Along the way he meets friends (some from the games, some original characters) and fights terrible enemies (Volvagia would look very cool on the big screen) to acquire the skills and courage (wink) to defeat Ganon and save Hyrule.

Posted

I'm sure everyone has had some idea of how the worlds greatest Nintendo game (sorry Mario) could be adapted to the big screen.

Well here you can actually post your ideas and have them veted by other Zelda fans.

Here's Mine:

The story will be a mash-up of plots from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

The King of Hyrule has been lied to, his advisor Ganondorf has told him that the Royal Bodyguards "The Knights of Hyrule" are secretly plotting to overthrow the Monarchy. The King orders all Knights of Hyrule killed including his longtime friend Owen. Owen and his wife (also a Hyrule knight) named Rachel are attacked with Owen dying protecting an injured Rachel. Rachel flees Hyrule with her newborn son Link and they travel to Ordona provence where her brother lives. Rachel gives Link to her brother Samuel and asks him to watch over the Boy.

Ganondorf creates a new guard made up of Gerudo Warriors, his people who are loyal to him and not the King. Ganon plans to uncover the resting place of the Triforce and use it's power to steal the Kingdom from the King. as was prophecied would happen, but only if he eliminated the Knights because "A Hyrule knight weilding the Blade of Evils Bane will strike him down". Eighteen years later a Ganon has found the location of the Triforce. But Link now a Teenager is psychically summoned deep into the Forest by the Woodland spirit the Deku Tree, the last of the old ways.

The Deku tree sees all that happens in Hyrule and he tells Link of Ganon's intentions, the evils he has committed and the fact that since Link is the offspring of two knights, he is the one spoken of in prophecy to weild the Master Sword and defeat Ganon. Along the way he meets friends (some from the games, some original characters) and fights terrible enemies (Volvagia would look very cool on the big screen) to acquire the skills and courage (wink) to defeat Ganon and save Hyrule.

post-8047-130953021304_thumb.jpg

That is my only possible response. This is definitely in my list of top 10 best ideas ever.

Posted

Twilight Princess SUCKED.

Posted

Also, what's with these names? Owen and Rachel. That's just weird in a Zelda setting.

I don't think blending together stories or making up a new one is the best way to go. A faithful adaptation of a game (probably OoT, but I think Majora's Mask would be beautiful) would be the best idea.

I recommend you watch Hero of Time.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Also, what's with these names? Owen and Rachel. That's just weird in a Zelda setting.

I don't think blending together stories or making up a new one is the best way to go. A faithful adaptation of a game (probably OoT, but I think Majora's Mask would be beautiful) would be the best idea.

I recommend you watch Hero of Time.

Sahaqiel

Would you rather I call his Parents "Arn and Medilia"? The only names ever given to Link's parents.

And I watched the Hero of Time "Movie", I did not like it. I can't watch movies with terrible acting.

Posted

Or bad everything else for that matter. Though, Hero of time was terrible and we don't need to go into that.

I feel like if Nintendo wanted to make a new story for a zelda game, they would do it with a game. It wouldn't make sense for them to make a new zelda that wasn't playable. So they'd probably stay faithful to a zelda game they could warp? Something like a movie for Zelda Two, where the story was there, but no where near enough for a movie that they could change details about things like dungeons or character interaction for better story telling.

Posted

You gave them such typical western names, though. That's awfully ethnocentric of you. Even Nintendo knows to at least give them unique fantasy names that wouldn't be found anywhere in Japan.

I'm saying an original story for a movie (like yours) sounds so... fan fiction. Good fan fiction is supposed to be believable as a story that the subject would do.

So unless Nintendo came up with a canon original story, it would end up making hardcore fans cringe, and it would probably appeal too much to westerners in the completely wrong way. (Like Twilight Princess)

Mashup of TP and OoT doesn't even work canonically.

Like I said, it'd do better to have a faithful retelling. That's what makes movies about books so rageworthy sometimes, right? That they don't follow the original story.

Maybe one day there'll be a good Zelda movie. But if it doesn't follow the canon, it'll make fans rage, (like comic book movies) or we'll get something like Hero of Time again.

By the way, why is this in the forum games section?

I just noticed.

Why?

Sahaqiel

Posted

Plot hole: why is the leader of a foreign nation the King's trusted adviser?