Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Ice Arrows

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright, so I've been thinking about the ice arrows from Ocarina of Time, and I've come to the conclusion that they're pretty much useless. I'm trying to think up every possible use for these things, but I can only remember using them against like-likes and the boss of the shadow temple, which really isn't enough to justify them being in the game.

Can anyone name any cool uses for the ice arrows in OoT? If not, I guess we can talk about how useless they are. :(

Posted

They are and have always been useless.

Posted

They're pretty and they balance out the fire arrows and um they fill the rest of that pallet on the item screen and idk

you just have fun with them. I mean I get that Zelda items are welp known for their dire usefulness in each dungeon but lol

maybe they knew people like us would obsess over it for years and be like WHY, NINTENDO, WHY

forever a mystery

Posted

I feel like things like the megaton hammer and the ice arrows keep OoT from getting past that 97/100 it gets in ratings.

When you can kill every enemy in the game with your sword, and when thats both the cheapest and the most efficient way to kill them, why do they offer items that even do damage? The only times I ever used bombs in combat in Twilight princess was during the final levels of the pit of trials or whatever it was called. I'm excluding blowing up stalfos when they died, naturally. Deku sticks were the strongest weapons in the game in OoT and they're only used in Tas's. Can't nintendo make some enemies that are killed so much quicker with things, like making an enemy that you can climb onto with the hookshot before attacking with your sword, because attacking with your sword will do very little damage very slowly? Why should items only be useful during boss fights and puzzles?

Posted

I think that the funtion of all that items it's for decorating game, because they have no idea what more include in the game and only think that "hey we have fire arrows, why not including ice arrows?, or "we need one item more, why no a hammer?", but i doesn't matter to much to me, because i remember the first time that I play zelda I used the Megatton Hammer and deku nuts to defeat Ganon more Quickly, and the ice arrows for some tetikes

Posted

i used ice arrows on that giant moblin

thats about it

Posted

I'm they were going to be used more in earlier versions of the game, but when that didn't pan out they kept the ice arrows in just for fun. Freezing those fiery slugs was my favourite use for them.

Posted

Yeah they were pretty useless in OOT, I only really got them to have a fully complete shiny Item Screen, then didn't bother using them lol. At least they were improved for and actually necessary in MM and WW!!! <3 If anything, I had a ton of fun just jumping along those icebergs in MM teehee.

Also Pheo has a good idea, there should be more... incentives to use other weapons to defeat enemies rather than that silly Master Sword or whatever sword it is lol. But yeah, it is a mystery ooooo

Posted

Ice arrows are coolio for combat. I would use all my arrows pretty much the same amount.

Except in Wind Waker. It's like, you have Light Arrows, that are instantaneous death.

Plus it looks cool.

Sahaqiel

Posted

if i remember correctly MM how was going to be an expansion disk so it is possible that put the ice arrows in Oot so the disk wouldn't have to hold the data for it

pulse really you can't complain it is a fun reward for a side quest

Posted

ice arrows are completely useless beat oot without them