Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyward Sword - Triforce is in the sky

7 posts in this topic

Posted

As much as we all hate those dirty zidders zedroes, one of them posted on irc a thread mentioning an email from nintendo about the triforce in the game. Here's the message they left.

[9:40pm] liljes: Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you know that Nintendo has confirmed that the Triforce will be obtainable in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Check my thread: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?20419-Nintendo-Confirms-Triforce-is-Obtainable-in-Skyward-Sword for further information

[9:40pm] liljes left the chat room.

[10:13pm] Pheonix561: i mean

[10:14pm] Pheonix561: i want to follow that thread

[10:14pm] Pheonix561: but

[10:14pm] Pheonix561: its on zelda dungeon

[10:14pm] Pheonix561: and I don't want to go there

I'll spare you his banter and post the actual email he had.

Sent: June 2nd, 2011

Hello Nintendo. There has been much talk recently about the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword coming for Wii this holiday season. Many fans are curious as to whether or not the Triforce will appear in a more physical form than some of the more recent games in the series. Do you have any comments on this?

Now, here is the email that I recieved in reply from them on June 4th, 2011:

Hello,

Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've taken the time to question us about our upcoming game, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, as the game has not been released yet, I cannot divulge too much information about the game. However, I understand your concerns about certain elements of the series remaining in the game. All I can say is the Triforce that you refer to plays no major part in the main plot of the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't in there. All I can say is search in the large cloud.

We encourage you to check our website at http://www.nintendo.com/

Sincerely,

Alain Dao

Nintendo of America Inc.

Whether or not this is legit, is up to you. It's not even a screen shot, and even if it was a shot, I'm pretty sure all of us know enough about photoshop that we could easily doctor a screen.

Assuming its true, though, what do you think? Would the triforce be an obtainable item (sincerely doubtful), or would it just be a part of a location, like the three stones in the temple of time? As in, an important part of the story, but aside from examine text, and probable hookshot targeting, completely uninteractable?

If it doesn't have much to do with the main plot of the game, maybe it's not even around yet for some ridiculous reason that doesn't make sense? Maybe they do things, and then the game ends, and the goddesses are like shit we need a fail safe and they make the triforce?

If the triforce is in the clouds, what does that mean for the story? Do all these skylians (tee hee) live up there, guarding it? Do they even know about it? Assuming it had anything to do with that big cloud they were flying around in the trailers, maybe its just something they haven't found yet, or aren't supposed to go near(a la tree of eden)?

If the Master Sword is just a sword to these people, how can we rule out other master weapons? How many Master Swords are there? How about a master axe?

Posted

Man, I haven't been following this game too well. :embarrassed:

Anyway, I guess that the Triforce will be there in its entirety rather than three parts, since this is before OoT and all when it gets split up. The thing is, since the Triforce was created in the Sacred realm, won't we have to visit there in order to see it?

Posted

What Knuckle said makes sense.

Plus, it's no like anyone can see it, because whoever can touch it gets a wish for anything. It's sacred. It doesn't just sit in clouds.

Posted

But the Sheikah symbol is only put on Sheikah artifacts, or things that really are part of their lore?

Other symbols you might be referring to could just be eyes that have nothing to do with them, like Vaati eyes.

Posted

Yeah it sounds like an easter egg to me, though it also sounds like you might undergo a cutscene similar to OoT's since the Triforce was in the sky there too (but was then sealed in the Sacred Realm after, o' course).

Posted

maybe you hack the title screen

i mean

its right there

Posted

Maybe this is in the sacred realm.... Idk. I haven't been following this as much as I should be.