Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guild Wars vs WoW?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

all depends on what you like, buddy. I like WoW. Guild Wars is okay, but. And; to everyone saying WoW sucks, yeah. it sucks. thats why 8 million people pay for it. mmhmm.

Posted

ZServ, actually, not everyone pays for it.

In fact, a lot of people buy the limited time cards, like my friend.

It's because they haven't tried GW yet.

Oh, and remember the chart- 50% n00b.

Posted

Look at it like this, the worst thing about GW people is the trading, something which the dev team are trying to improve. Currently the main way to advertise is to use the chat, but they are getting a pretty cool trading system. In the meantime, turn off local and trade chat... Easy!

Posted

Ah, yes, the trading system.

What're they working on now?

Posted

Actually, in the brief time i played on WoW i was able to take out people several levels higher than me in PvP (I was about 11 and i managed to kill a couple of level 17s and the like) so it's still based a fair bit on skill and there's the one awesome spell that WoW has, that I don;t think guild wars has

TURNING YOUR ENEMY INTO A SHEEP!!!

Posted

Guild Wars fanboy and proud to be one.

The realm thing makes characters equal to Fully Expanded GW.

WoW may have one large map...

We have three different large maps, with differing creatures.

One map has the undead, one are corsairs, and one are humans changed by a spirit, becoming freakishly deformed.

They're equal until price, where GW wins.

And GW PVPing isn't based on level like WoW.

It's based on skill, runes, and armor. So, even a level 15 could kill a maxed out level 20.

Woe has three gigantic maps. WTF do u mean that wow is only based on lvl? It's not. The lvl only represants how much exp. u have and u become able to have new spells, abilities and items in higher lvls.

I'm not a wow fanboy. I like playing WoW, thats all.

Posted

You're claiming WoW is better than GW on a large internet forum for Zelda.

You're a WoW fanboy.

The lvl only represants how much exp. u have and u become able to have new spells, abilities and items in higher lvls.

Translation- It's based solely on level.

Posted

no, it doesn't. btw, this topic is called guild wars vs wow, wtf do u want me to talk about here? I'm not a WoW fanboy because i understand that guild wars also is a good game, I just think WoW is better.

Posted

Everyone has their preferences.

But go ahead. When WoW servers are no longer maintained and you lose all the money that you spent playing those characters, we who played Guild Wars will laugh because we still have money.

All three campaigns of ours cost 1 year of your game without the costs of the CDs.

Posted

I've had Guild Wars for about 2 years now, and it's pretty boring to me, but it's online play is free which is a nice thing.

I'd love to Try WoW but I can't afford to pay for it monthly..

Posted

this discusion ain't going anywhere... wow and gw has each benefits.

Posted

actually, WoW has more money to run the servers due to the fact they charge for them, so are much more likely to be able to keep them up, so what do you mean by no longer maintained?

and I don't see how money spent due to time playing translates to level, so you've "wasted" money if you lose your character, there's obviously something you don't understand about the fun of playing the game, which is most of the point.

Plus saying something is better than something else doesn't make you a fanboy of it, I say metal gear solid is better than bond games for example (well, other than goldeneye) that doesn't make me a metal gear solid fanboy, i don;t even have any metal gear solid games!

Posted

World of Warcraft.

Posted

Which campaign of GW did you play?

Each campaign is based on a person's preference.

I like 'em all.

Ahem, verify that last statement.

Can't?

Because there's no way to. GW Prophecies takes the longest time to level, and once you hit max, you can AB, do other missions and quests, help others with quests, finish getting titles, level up more for Skill Points to max out all your skills, PVP, etc.

Let me tell you what those 8 million players are, in a percentage rating.

50% n00bs.

25% assholes.

24.99% hackers and other misdemeanors.

.01% actually decent people.

GW population.

75% actually decent people.

5% hackers/assholes and other misdemeanors..

20% n00bs.

Of course, our population of n00bs can be helped by the decent people assisting them and making them better people.

So what happens when you hit level 70?

Flaunt your high level and be an ass to other people?

GW builds on all of WoW's "greatness".

The answer is-No.

For the cost of buying the game OR Burning Crusade, Prophecies could be in your hands. For the cost of both WoW and Burning Crusade gets you Factions or Nightfall. BC, WoW, and 7 months of WoW gets you all three campaigns.

GW is ultimately the better buy.

Also, how many WoW characters do you get per account? If you get unlimited, what is the cost of keeping them?

i think he played on alliance side for WOW.... lol