Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guild Wars vs WoW?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Which should I buy? test

Posted

Well I'm sure we all know that the right answer to your question is, infact, Twilight Princess. :)

In all seriousness, I havnt played either, so ignore my opinion completley.

But you must buy TP!

edit: har har har on the name...

Posted

Oooh, I get it.

Well, for a better, less spawn-camped and pker swamped game, go with Guild Wars. It's also cheaper.

With three campaigns to choose from, it's a winner.

*owns all three*

Posted

Go for wow! wow rules! I must admit I've never tried guild wars but... WOW rules!

Posted

So, you like spawn campers, unfair pkers, drop thieves, monthly payments?

Real nice choice over something that's better for price and gameplay and community.

Posted

W00t, go fanboyism! I can't really say much since i am a GW fanboy. :P

Anyway, yeah, go for Guild Wars. It has all the advantages of a normal MMORPG with none of the disadvantages. As Gir said, Spawn camping is impossible, Player Killing is only possible in a specific place, which you choose to go to and only has few advantages in terms of quests and story. It also only has a single payment per campaign rather than a monthly fee that you have to pay regardless of how much you play. Also, each campaign is very long, I still haven't completed one. Compared to being able to get everything done in a few days with WoW if you are determined enough.

Plus the GW set up means that gameplay is quicker and more enjoyable.

Posted

So, you like spawn campers, unfair pkers, drop thieves, monthly payments?

Real nice choice over something that's better for price and gameplay and community.

W00t, go fanboyism! I can't really say much since i am a GW fanboy. :P

Anyway, yeah, go for Guild Wars. It has all the advantages of a normal MMORPG with none of the disadvantages. As Gir said, Spawn camping is impossible, Player Killing is only possible in a specific place, which you choose to go to and only has few advantages in terms of quests and story. It also only has a single payment per campaign rather than a monthly fee that you have to pay regardless of how much you play. Also, each campaign is very long, I still haven't completed one. Compared to being able to get everything done in a few days with WoW if you are determined enough.

Plus the GW set up means that gameplay is quicker and more enjoyable.

first of all, even though u pay a monthly payment u get a lot more for the money, A gigantic world to play in, 14 different races. 70 000 guests.

how can u guys say that wow sucks when it have 8 million players from all around the world?

If u buy the burning crusade u will also be able to reach lvl 70, something i can assure will take a heck of a long time.

WOW is a great game in every way.

Posted

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!! FTW!!!!!! And blizzard... MAKE SC2 ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Posted

yer, starcraft 2 would be more worthwhile, where's my pitchfork?

im not gonna get involved though considering i havn't played guild wars and got quickly bored with world of warcraft, each has their oen benefits really. If they were both the same price, i reckon world of warcraft turns out better, of course themonthly subscription really adds up, so the question is, is it worth it?

p.s. you can't jump on guild wars, which is lame...

Posted

if i cld ild get WoW cus ive never played it b4, and ive played GW and i dont like it much.

(ild only get WoW if i had free membership :P )

anyway you know what would own GW and WoW???

the elder scrolls online!!!

just imagine Oblivion being an online game *druels*

Posted

Which campaign of GW did you play?

Each campaign is based on a person's preference.

I like 'em all.

first of all, even though u pay a monthly payment u get a lot more for the money, A gigantic world to play in, 14 different races. 70 000 guests.

how can u guys say that wow sucks when it have 8 million players from all around the world?

If u buy the burning crusade u will also be able to reach lvl 70, something i can assure will take a heck of a long time.

WOW is a great game in every way.

Ahem, verify that last statement.

Can't?

Because there's no way to. GW Prophecies takes the longest time to level, and once you hit max, you can AB, do other missions and quests, help others with quests, finish getting titles, level up more for Skill Points to max out all your skills, PVP, etc.

Let me tell you what those 8 million players are, in a percentage rating.

50% n00bs.

25% assholes.

24.99% hackers and other misdemeanors.

.01% actually decent people.

GW population.

75% actually decent people.

5% hackers/assholes and other misdemeanors..

20% n00bs.

Of course, our population of n00bs can be helped by the decent people assisting them and making them better people.

So what happens when you hit level 70?

Flaunt your high level and be an ass to other people?

GW builds on all of WoW's "greatness".

im not gonna get involved though considering i havn't played guild wars and got quickly bored with world of warcraft, each has their oen benefits really. If they were both the same price, i reckon world of warcraft turns out better, of course themonthly subscription really adds up, so the question is, is it worth it?

The answer is-No.

For the cost of buying the game OR Burning Crusade, Prophecies could be in your hands. For the cost of both WoW and Burning Crusade gets you Factions or Nightfall. BC, WoW, and 7 months of WoW gets you all three campaigns.

GW is ultimately the better buy.

Also, how many WoW characters do you get per account? If you get unlimited, what is the cost of keeping them?

Posted

u can make as many characters as u want for no extra price. saying that 50% of the WoW players are noobs are just stupid GW fanboy crap. If u haven't tried WoW then u shoulden't be critisising it. I haven't tried GW and I'm sure it's a gd game, all I know is that WoW also is a great game.

Posted

You're nothing but a lowly WoW fanboy.

If that's seriously what your characters look like, that's heinous.

Tell me, do you like being PKed?

Having too many characters maked the population drop from 8 million to around 2.

Sure, you only get 4 initial dual-class characters, 6 with 2 campaigns, and 8 with 3 campaigns.

But you can bring the characters from one campaign to the others.

Which expands it extremely.

All in all, they're both fine, but GW is the overall cheaper choice, with a better community and system.

Posted

and you obviously seem to be nothing but a guild wars fanboy consdering the statistics you gave on the types of players who play the game...

and actually, im pretty sure it's only 8 characters per realm (one hell of a lot of realms but it's a matter of you being on the same realsm as your friend's characters) you can have at once on WoW.

and for the record, world of warcraft is a lot more expansive (has larger map, more different types of enemies etc..) so it wins on that respect whatever you say, again though, im not willing to comment on anything more than hard facts though as i havn't had the chance to play guild wars...

and for the record pretty much all the stuff at the highest level on guild wars that you mentioned is done on world of warcraft as well, there's a surpringly large amount of stuff tailored around only the very highest of levels anyway...

Posted

Guild Wars fanboy and proud to be one.

The realm thing makes characters equal to Fully Expanded GW.

WoW may have one large map...

We have three different large maps, with differing creatures.

One map has the undead, one are corsairs, and one are humans changed by a spirit, becoming freakishly deformed.

They're equal until price, where GW wins.

And GW PVPing isn't based on level like WoW.

It's based on skill, runes, and armor. So, even a level 15 could kill a maxed out level 20.