Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

finished!

devil_survivor_2_by_chimetals-d5rmhrc.pn

This is really really cool. The "Special effects" need work but otherwise this is awesome!

Posted

yeah, the special effects are kainda really awful. one of those things i see around a lot in digital artist things, but i cant seem to pull off worth shit with a bunch of permanent markers. or pens. or anything, really.

i was aiming for megadolaon and i got maragi, or something.

Posted

for the effects, you are just using too many lines and colors. Anime is generally "cel shaded" so why would the effects be any different?

Posted

Pokemon Best Wishes supposedly dropped the ball in that regard.

They just completely got rid of the nice illustrated look and the digital effects make it look like they cut corners compared to the original.

Posted

for the effects, you are just using too many lines and colors. Anime is generally "cel shaded" so why would the effects be any different?

i have yet to figure out any of that business lol. when i do it, it never looks clean or crisp or anything. so i just make up some way and go with that. also dodges out of that rigorous "EVERYTHIGN MUST BE MOAR ANIME" crap.

Pokemon Best Wishes supposedly dropped the ball in that regard.

They just completely got rid of the nice illustrated look and the digital effects make it look like they cut corners compared to the original.

i was cringing so much.

also, charizard shrank, wtf.

Posted

Wut is that one image with the blue sparkles?

Posted

Wut is that one image with the blue sparkles?

i somehow missed this questions existence completely, i apologize. though im not sure which picture you mean?

also started a new project, its gonna be one of those word wall things. depending on how long this mood lasts, as well as how well this comes out, i might do another one for just a single character. also i dont have my scanner on campus, so we get shitty phone pictures.

imag0355h.jpg

my goal is to fill as much of this paper as possible, though that might be a bad goal. the edges of these things always get a little questionable by the end from the constant handling, and you can see how yuus head is really close to the top, and yosukes feet are really close to the bottom.

i havent decided what exactly im gonna put in there, but im thinking character names and arcana to start with. if im still on the hype and i finish this, expect some sort of yosuke shadow thing. i got a really good idea for it walking home, so if i can execute it, itll be a fun composition for me. ive been drawing too many characters just standing there lately.

Posted

wound up finally starting the silly DN thing i had been thinking of doing for a while now. first up, character sketches:

cyarach_and_echidnux_by_chimetals-d6l135

lookit all that stupid detail on knuckles character. great pants on that guy, yeah.

aegisind_and_endymionn_by_chimetals-d6l1

even more on earthys character. that sexy sexy + sign, awwwww yeah.

just kidding, heres her character proper:

endymionn_proper_by_chimetals-d6l4nfh.jp

those relics are game-accurate, btw. i looked them all up carefully. for some reason, i dont wanna draw them shittily, and having paid basically no attention to my own relic, i had even less of an idea what the hell these looked like. also, the back of that page has the paladin relic scrawled on it. i dont even know what my own relic looks like, i had to look that up too.

and then stupid not-even-game shit

bathhouse__1__by_chimetals-d6l11tt.png

i havent even played with vin yet. i gave her character a really odd hairstyle (for a cleric) and a personality and everything, and i havent played with her even now.

Knuckle and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

This is just so wonderful I know I've told you a million times but still, so great :D

Chimetals likes this

Posted

earthy actually wrote on her sheet in class some point after i scanned it. in particular, one of her comments was "plain hair because no mods". like, gosh, you both have clerics with straight-cut bangs, so i gave you both straight-cut bangs :< ive got a side-part on cy', so hes got a side partttttt

and none of the armor is based on anything in game or any of the mods i use at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

(gosh, earthyyyyyyyyyy)

Posted

i forgot to post these, what am i doing

cerberos_nest_part_1_by_chimetals-d6m0oscerberos_nest_part_2_by_chimetals-d6m0pc

i dont really have enough puppys to ink joke comics. based on true events and stuff.

Posted

so ive started another one of these....

saint_endymionn_by_chimetals-d6ohr9f.jpg

ive actually got the hair and coat colored dark silver right now, with blue trim, and deciding on a blue shade to overlay the coats grey. i dont even know where to start on the adjacent titles, only that they should probably be colored so that the ones broken up weirdly are still readable.

Posted

I still dunno what in the hell to color that thing^ but I started another thing for some ungodly reason anyway.
tumblr_n01sbtZXFG1r4u57po1_500.png

It looks tiny, but this is actually on two sheets of paper...and there are four more that need doing. Basically, this is gonna be the biggest one I've done ever, so it'll be interesting to see how it comes out. Gonna color it, too--the goal is something like this, but more compact and such. Probably in Japanese but it's mostly there for the sake of varying up the color so idc. Some of these letters are uncomfortably small, though, so this is somewhat tentative.

Posted

tumblr_n08tssWO841r4u57po1_500.png

Two more sections, pencil, color, border, putting it together, and drawing the corresponding characters left to go. And almost no one is going to know what in the puppy this even is when I'm done.