Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

i mean, anime eyes vs actual eyes, yes theyre bigger

More generalizations hrrrrng.

me-mania.jpg

My problem with this thread's view of anime is that it is not one set style harrumpf.

Also that every opinion except mine has been pointed out regardless of who the poster was originally talking to.

This has been happening in increasing frequency.

My existence is slowly fading.

Posted

I... don't recall ever calling anime a medium?

And it's not a style, either. It's a collection of styles in a category. :<

Posted

AFTER I SAY ALL THIS ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO UNDERSTAND HOW A BODY WORKS

AND AFTER WE ALL FIGURE OUT I TAKE STUDYING THIS STUFF VERY SERIOUSLY

CAN WE ALL BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS SO MAD WHEN RIKA CALLED ME A PERVERT

Posted

I think we were all kind of unanimously thinking Rika was wrong before we even began discussing anything like this.

Posted

I mean yeah but

I was really mad

Do all of us understand how mad I was it was pretty mad

Posted

Can you take this out of here? I mean, seriously. That's not even relevant anymore.

THE TITLE IS "BORED IN MATH CLASS" MOTHERSQUIDDERS.

I mean yeah but

I was really mad

Do all of us understand how mad I was it was pretty mad

Wrong forum, no one gives a squid. They might have puppies.

Posted

I... don't recall ever calling anime a medium?

And it's not a style, either. It's a collection of styles in a category. :<

Anime literally means "animation" or cartoon. Cartoons are a medium. nothing more. nothing less. Anime specifically refers to Japanese Animations, by it's most common definition. It's NOT a style nor a collection of styles. It's a medium.

Posted

Anime literally means "animation" or cartoon. Cartoons are a medium. nothing more. nothing less. Anime specifically refers to Japanese Animations, by it's most common definition. It's NOT a style nor a collection of styles. It's a medium.

Anime refers specifically to Japanese animation, yes. So it is a category of animation. That category is part of a medium, that being, animation, with its only distinction being that is is Japanese. Like American animation is a category of animation that is comprised of a collection of styles, so is anime. It is not a medium. It is a category of a medium, comprised of a collection of styles.

You do not "act through anime". You can act through animation, but you do not act through anime. You can make an animation, but anime is the label that goes on it, if it fits the criteria. As a label, it cannot be a medium, because it is being channeled through one already.

Anime is not a medium.

Sahaqiel

Posted

i was cleaning, and i found a project from my soph year of high school.

majoras_mask_by_chimetals-d4knctv.jpg

since i have an unfinished picture of t1g/saha, and another unfinished thing that i dont wanna post till certain things get places, and im probs not gonna post those for a bit. lack of motivation and stuff.

Posted

That's like...amazing.

Posted

since i have an unfinished picture of t1g/saha, and another unfinished thing that i dont wanna post till certain things get places, and im probs not gonna post those for a bit. lack of motivation and stuff.

Are you going to start drawing pictures corresponding to my smut pairings? Because that would be awesome. :D

Posted

Are you going to start drawing pictures corresponding to my smut pairings? Because that would be awesome. :D

FACT: t1g and pheo are physically present there.

FACT: you probably couldn't get her to

Posted

yeah, if i do, dooooooooooooooont expect any t1pheo. not when i not only know them irl, but friggan grew up with them. just reading that was awkward beyond description.

Posted

Hey, I'm not the one who requested a lemon. :P

If someone asks for hate sex, then I am going to give them hate sex because I am a devoted artist.

Posted

Not devoted enough. Clearly not devoted enough.