Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

id change the name of the topic if i could, but i still cant see that mod button.

atm, i have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall theeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssse watercolors, and no idea what to paint with them :<

Posted

Would you like me to change the title for you? o:

Posted

If you want some ideas for what to do with watercolours, I could post some Akihiko Yoshida? I've never played a single game that he's worked on and yet he still manages to be a major influence on me. Pen and Ink is so far my medium of choice for Illustration and He's one of the best at it.

Here's a bunch of concepts he did for some game called front mission 3. I was looking at these concepts and saw the shoulders/elbows and thought to myself "that looks just like something Yoshida would draw," and I wiki'd it and sure 'nuff. I got that eye.

fm3-pilot-suit02.jpg

This is all early akihiko, by the way. Like mid nineties early.

fm3-pilot-suit04.jpg

fm3-pilot-suit07.jpg

Those are some of my favorite up there

fm3-pilot-suit08.jpg

fm3-pilot-suit09.jpg

That one right up there was the one that made me say "that's gotta be akihiko yoshida."

There's plenty more where that came from, though. He and another guy did all these gorgeous character portraits and vehicle concepts. Some of them have really questionable anatomy/pose/et cetera, and while I'm tempted to say the questionable ones were the other guy's work and not yoshida's, I also like to pretend he just improved from where he used to be.

You can find them all here.

Why am I always art

Posted

Would you like me to change the title for you? o:

sure, though more than anything, i just wish i could see that bloody topic bar :< its just.....never there.....dunno if i should make it "engineering classes" or just a general "chimetals art thread" or something. if you can think of something better, go for it.

@pheo

im skimming, like "oh, ok, i wonder why pheo like this guy" and then i saw "advance wars dual strike". i cant even tell what this website is doing :/ gonna just google this guy. (also, your images arent showing up)

*edit*

oh my gawd armorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

OH MY GOD.

HE DID ADVANCE WARS DUEL STRIKE?

OH MY GOD LOOKING BACK HE DEFINITELY DID ADVANCE WARS DUEL STRIKE.

OH MY GOD.

THANK YOU CHIMETALS.

Posted

I CHANGED IT.

Posted

cant ever remember what i have and havent spat up on here. have some things with colors, idk.

aika__korezon_tribute__by_chimetals-d4vvszw.jpg

thats pen for the color, fyi. really, i wish i had a bloody rainbow of dem pens. nothings worse for me than trying to do something in green, or so help me, yellow. actually, anything yellow or pastel is just awful. pale colors are also impossible. i try pale colors, and i get an explosion of "WHYYYYY, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WHIIIIIIITEEEEEE"

Posted

If given the chance, would you remake any of the given internet personas you made after getting a different impression/getting to know each person better?

hint hint

Posted

Oh god that drawing is too cute, Korean Zombie Desk Car #1 anime.

Chimetals and CaptinBenny like this

Posted

If given the chance, would you remake any of the given internet personas you made after getting a different impression/getting to know each person better?

hint hint

ill think on it, but itd be very similar to whats there, but with more sollux. and something on your thigh.

Oh god that drawing is too cute, Korean Zombie Desk Car #1 anime.

HOLY CRAP IM NO LONGER ALONE HERE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

seriously, the crap i have to take for what i watch...any chance youve seen freezing or infinite stratos?

Posted (edited)

seriously, the crap i have to take for what i watch...any chance youve seen freezing or infinite stratos?

I have not, I'll look them up now though. And I actually haven't finished Kore wa Zombie Desu ka, but its one I'm currently watching, I put it on hold a while ago and picked it up again just like 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: These actually look pretty interesting. I think I can only handle 1 or 2 harems at a time though :P

Edited by emsomniac (see edit history)

Posted

i have both seasons of korezon. if you like the first ova, youll love season 2.

Posted

ive been dead here for too long. i dont have quite as many pages as i would have liked, but ill post these anyway. bit of a project ive decided to do for my own sake, in what little spare time (read: classes i can get away with doing this in) i have.

warning: i like my profanity. though ive already got one minor reading this, and it still didnt stop me from writing all this garbage. besides, its not like im gonna teach you any new words.

p01_by_mihashicat-d5i1xj9.png

p02_by_mihashicat-d5i1xsl.png

p03_by_mihashicat-d5i1y0c.png

p04_by_mihashicat-d5i1zjr.png

p05_by_mihashicat-d5j2afz.png

also, the level of quality i produce is completely arbitrary based on how many f*cks i give about that picture.

Posted (edited)

though ive already got one minor reading this,

Is this me

I think it's me

Anyways, the art style is really good. I've really always liked your stuff. I can't tell what the hell is going on in the story, but that's because I don't feel like reading speech and stuff at this time.

A+ I guess?

Edited by Silver Moon (see edit history)

Posted

Is this me

I think it's me

actually, its a chick i crashed into on DA. her work is still rough, but as far as concepts and design went, i like her more than most of the DA community.

I can't tell what the hell is going on in the story, but that's because I don't feel like reading speech and stuff at this time.

and this is why im not gonna hold back on my language :3

also, this is still what id call an "intro" phase. a bit more and ill get to some, uh, action.