Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

Chimetals' definition of profanity: "Insufferable Prat"

I'm curious to see what happens next, so you've definitely succeeded there. It's hard to tell who's talking at times though, and in places like the final part the font is a little illegible. It's not that it's bad, and it's always great to see people experiment with calligraphy in their sequential art, and there's no way I'd ever tell you not to experiment with your letters because I know you like it so much, just try and make it a little more legible next time is all I guess.

Posted

Chimetals' definition of profanity: "Insufferable Prat"

someone missed the part where he dropped "f uck" twice.

and yeah, the last part is actually a lot more legible in the original, and i was irritated with myself when the resizing blocked out not only "f uck", which was intended, but the "want" as well :< though even by itself, its p chaotic to read :/

Posted

new things, new things, get your new things here!

i dont know why i put so much effort into these last two pages, when i absolutely hate doing night scenes. shading everywhere oh my gawd why

also, i love you guys enough to give you a background. sure, its a shite-tastic tree and some absolutely awful grass, and that building had to have been the laziest thing ever, and you only see all of that once, but i gave you a background.

p06_by_mihashicat-d5j57fn.png

also, with any luck, my motivation will be such that the next sequential bit thing will be in color.

Posted

"This isnt transformers this is real life" and then he was a transformer

Posted

shhhh, youll ruin the surprise.

Posted

i know you guys like these:

devilsurvivor2teasebych.jpg

im obvs not done yet, but ffffffffffffffff do i love devil survivor 2. if i ever get enough time to properly host another werewolf game, this will be the theme. unless someone wants to host for me :3

really, though, im kainda worn out from drawing so much weiss. weiss weiss weiss. look at all those comic pages and its just weiss.

*EDIT* updated the picture. does the "alioth" in the top right look too out of place with the A like that? i accidentally erased that bosses name when i had to change "Altair" to the name used in the game, "Benetnasch". Alioth should have been between Benetnasch and Mizar, and i liked that boss's design :<

Posted

devil_survivor_2__tease__by_chimetals-d5

these take less time than youd think, i swear.

whered the day go

Posted

ds4g.jpg

gawd im such a good student.

Teto likes this

Posted

finished!

devil_survivor_2_by_chimetals-d5rmhrc.pn

emsomniac and Knuckle like this

Posted

As a weird note that is not in any way motivating/pushing you to remake it, if you do ever remake my internet persona thingy or whatever, I'd like to be an Elf.

bluh why did i even think about making this post

Posted

pfff, id have to be in the mood for it. and ive just barely gotten myself motivated enough to finish this, etc etc etc. and thats not counting the mountain of homework im gonna be dying under, or anything else i attempt to plan :/

and right now ive finally gotten back into the mood for my little project M. so i can finish frawing that transformation scene. jeegus machines are hard to draw. soooo not my strong suit :<

Posted

I was always better at drawing machines and non-human stuff, like I can draw realistic looking things fairly easily but have no talent at all for animated looking characters. Its weird.

I kinda wish I could though.

Posted

I don't think that it is weird at all, just a matter of personality. Simply, different artists do different things... It is based on the manner of which we were raised as artists, and often times, is merely a matter personal preference and practice.

It also happens that art is considered subjective, having so many broad mediums and styles. Though of course, that isn't an excuse to not look at art objectively.

Posted

oh hey, i found a thing.

oh wait, i've already been here.

OH HEY WHY DON'T YOU DRAW ME * eminent Jew frown*

jew_frown__re_sized__by_captinbenny-d5x7

i didn't know how to do the SPOILERS/HIDEY thing. :/ mah bahd

Posted

As a weird note that is not in any way motivating/pushing you to remake it, if you do ever remake my internet persona thingy or whatever, I'd like to be an Elf.

bluh why did i even think about making this post

oh hey, i found a thing.

oh wait, i've already been here.

OH HEY WHY DON'T YOU DRAW ME * eminent Jew frown*

pfff, id have to be in the mood for it. and ive just barely gotten myself motivated enough to finish this, etc etc etc. and thats not counting the mountain of homework im gonna be dying under, or anything else i attempt to plan :/

its bad enough with me trying to somehow do this and actually pay attention in class. they were killing me before, and now theyre gearing up projects in basically all my classes, and im trying to just pass them. i fail one, and i go from four year plan to five years and student loans. and not even the kind of student loans id mind, but the dumb kind, where my parents have the debt. and neither i nor my folks want the dumb kind. we wont know if i can get loans till the end of year 4, when my tuition waiver runs out.