Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

ive decided. whenever i finish this fanart im doing, even though idk if you guys watch the series, or never heard of it or w/e, im gonna put it up here, cuz im taking foreverrrrrr on this background. and itss why i havent drawn any more hnet members (though thats due to a mood switch as well but thats beside the point)

and youll have a hayday over the colors Arachne. so much hayday, so many colors.

Posted

FINALLY DONE WITH THIS DEMONIC SOB SSDKJFNSFNSDFNA

alone_in_my_world_by_chimetals-d4a8uht.jpg

idk if anyone really cares about the series, so i wasnt gonna post it at first, but because it took me /so long/ to do, i figured id throw it here so you can see why i was AWOL so long.

the background is mostly in japanese, and has the lyrics from the first and second OP's choruses in it, along with a whole lot of other crap. and there are two pairs of colors that dont even form letters at all, theyre just to fill space.

also, this thing was colored with prismacolor markers, which with the set i have, the thin end doesnt work all that well. so i colored all of this with the fat end of this thing. and btw, the pictured marker is one of the new styles, where the thin end doesnt suck, and i only have like 2 colors that have that end, and my grey markers. so fat end for everything.

CaptinBenny likes this

Posted

So much color.... =_=

Bl much better

Posted

Yeah I have no idea who this kitty(?)-man is but wowwwww, so many colourssss! My eyes love it chimetals :>

Posted

My eyes... THEY BUURRRRRNNNNN!!!

How long did this take exactly?

I like it by the way.

Posted

oh jeez, uhhhhhh i started it abouuuuut two weeks ago, been working on it in all the spare time i could get. idk how many hours exactly, though :< 10 would be like an /extreme/ minimum though.

Posted

Ooh,pretty. I like how the colours spell out differentt words from the black outlined text. And the shading on the pants is all gradient and junk.

Posted

happy accident gradient is a happy accident :P i tried using a marker that was apparently out, and to keep it from looking like a weird patch i had to color the whole thing. seems ill have to fix/buy my two mid-greys jsdfbksjbf

also, me and sayu (and earthy looks like shell be in on this too!) are working on a little something together, but shes told me not to post any of the pictures i have atm ;D ill get around to some plain-clothes drawing of the mains probably, but after im done with all these bloody tests 0_0 ksdjbsbfs 3 more to go. (im gonna dieeeeee) but yeah, ill probably seem awol for a while, but hopefully we can get /something/ readable so i can post it here, or in another thread or idk.

oh hey look, expression doodles.

make_this_face_game_by_chimetals-d4afizc.jpg

i guess i can code-name these guys "rabbit boy" and "megane" (glasses). btw, the top-left face for rabbit boy was basically the reason i wanted to draw this <3. and dem dresses, when judging a girl when she looks bad, always best to say nothinggggg

and a couple headshots

headshots_of_lael_and_ryota_by_chimetals-d4afk8e.jpg

"Mohawk" and Ryota--Ryota doesnt get a codename because i can never freaking remember his name, so hopefully this will help :P

fun fact: Rabbit, mohawk and ryota are from the same "series" i randomly conceived. Megane is from somewhere else, though.

Posted

blargh, ive got Pheo drawn, though i forgot something when i drew/inked it....ill post it when im done coloring it and such, and im expecting some pheonix rage. but theres an actual thought process behind it, and a comic thing i need to do to follow it. so expect things sometime-ish and such.

Posted

bit of a delay on pheo, as its in color, but i did a sketch of a certain someone (and a rehash of myself :P) and imo it caught the vibe i get from the dude pretty well, even though i thought i couldnt quite pin down the vibe. but hes one of those thats probably gonna change appearance/add accessories every week or so to his persona like me :P

quick, guess who i drew!

chi_and_ghss_by_chimetals-d4bqv5y.jpg

(also, my goggles came out looking like crap....i wanted to add on Kias goggles but noooooooo they decided to fail to spite me :< but in case the quality of chi and his shading/clearly visible rough sketch didnt tip you off, i didnt really care at that point.)

Posted

what are we guessing at here?

Posted

the dude on the left <3

Posted

GH-SS and yourself.

GH-SS being the one on the left.

Posted

oh, what forum member they represent?

GH-SS would probably have been my guess too