Chimetals: The Art Thread

239 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, GMP is a pretty nice guy. Very sweet and understanding.

Posted

I honestly thought this was GMP until the "Picture from the internet part."

You even gave him purple boxers. Did you know I've caught myself representing myself with the color purple in things? I don't know what I started doing that, but it started happening and I'm trying to get myself to stop it.

Posted

I like the little phoenix wing sticking out. 'Tis adorable.

Posted

i guess i caught the purple thing on the subconscious level? because i was totally not aware of that. also, i was expecting more rage from you 0_0 like, "whos this douche? why is he shirtless? why are there /wings/ aaa" type of rage. cuz i /totally/ have logical reasons for all that. even for the attempt at a temp style change (reversion?) that didnt go as well as i wanted. then again, everything always looks better in my head :<

I like the little phoenix wing sticking out. 'Tis adorable.

yay <3

the other one is obscured by the angle/pheos body, inb4 i get the "one wing" stereotype thing called on me.

hrn, maybe i /should/ finish this :P

Posted

Nah, it's all small and fireburst-y, so I wasn't thinking Sephiroth at all.

Now I'm wondering what I'd look like in your mind. Probably some cat/spider/human monstrosity that will haunt your nightmares.

Posted

im trying to remember, but wasnt one of your older/long lived avatars that really happy girl(?) with the scarf and headset?

also, lol, the nightmare-haunting.

Posted

I can still give you the "WHO'S THIS DOUCHE BAG" reaction if you really want it. Though, I really want to direct it to whoever makes your cs assignments.

Posted

yeah, i literally ran the code they gave me, straight, and it had errors in almost every line. stuff like

printf %i nickels

instead of

printf("%i", &nickels);

i mean, like, REALLY?! was i supposed to debug this crap?!

and i keep wondering why your siggy came out grainy, and mine fine, even though i used the /exact same programs/ for them :<

Posted

You even gave him purple boxers. Did you know I've caught myself representing myself with the color purple in things? I don't know what I started doing that, but it started happening and I'm trying to get myself to stop it.

Purple is MY color. You can't have it! :P

Posted

i guess i caught the purple thing on the subconscious level? because i was totally not aware of that. also, i was expecting more rage from you 0_0 like, "whos this douche? why is he shirtless? why are there /wings/ aaa" type of rage. cuz i /totally/ have logical reasons for all that. even for the attempt at a temp style change (reversion?) that didnt go as well as i wanted. then again, everything always looks better in my head :<

Well, I realized I'd been doing it subconsciously, too. Every time I do anything to refer to myself, I do it in purple for some reason. Though, it's also a good way to make the wing/scarf stick out, with that little bit of purple.

I picked up on your logic for all of it. Phoenix, right? So, a firey bird wing. Herp. He's got a charcoal stick in one hand, and a picture in the other. Not sure what made you decide to do the eyes that way, but they don't bother me. Barefoot was a nice, comfortable choice.

Anatomy's still a little wonky, but he's not elongated like your other dudes have been in the past. One thing that's wonderful to keep in mind while you're drawing a figure is their proportions:

proportions-prang1350.jpg

Typically, A fully grown human is seven and a half heads tall. I'm not certain how the number varies when you're still young, but oh wait google just showed me so here's this better image that you and I are both learning from now.

prop2.jpg

I know it says eight heads tall for the fully grown adult male. Michelangelo used eight heads. Inversely, my life drawing book says seven and a half heads, and so does my teacher. Just know that using the head as a measurement for the rest of the body on a full grown male will typically land you in the seven and a half head range, give or take half a head. If Sayuri is as short as I'm told, I'm willing to bet she's only just over seven heads.

I mention head proportions because I'm looking at his head in relation to the rest of his body. Counting his head, it would be about three from his head to the bellybutton. You've got it at just over two. The hand size compared to the head is fine, and I can tell you know where the hands would go, because hanging they would go just past his balls, but with his small torso that just makes his arms shorter, too. Short enough that it makes his hands look huge, and that just makes the torso look even smaller. His legs, inversely, are long. Picture him sitting in the fetal position. His knees would come right up to his eyes. Next time you're drawing a figure, try following this method, and see where it takes you.

Also, his neck is long, under that scarf. You probably mixed that up just because you couldn't see it. And, it's not that much longer than it should be, but it's long. His nose is farther south than it should be, too. I want to say it's because the eyes are so big, which is I guess typical for something like anime, but you should never forget that the ears close the distance from the top of the eye to the bottom of the nose. Can you draw the ears with your imagination? They are HUGE here.

I haven't worn Khaki pants since Highschool if I remember correctly, but eh. His pants are fine for now, but you might want to look up some references in the future on how to draw cloth.

Have you shaded these before? Bold outlines for shape are one thing, but you can really really show what a body is doing if you vary some value in the right places.

There's more to say on anatomy(I could go into broadness of shoulders), but it's not a big deal. I think that you're getting a better sense of what a body looks like, but if you want a really good sense, you cannot learn that from drawing anime. You simply cannot. One day, you need to sit in on a life drawing class somewhere in your uni if they'll let you. You'll learn a lot.

What markers did you use to color this? They look very nice. I'd love to play with them one day.

Purple is MY color. You can't have it! :P

Ponce off I was here first.

CaptinBenny likes this

Posted

I was gonna retaliate but then I started calculating. I'm less than 7 of my heads tall. orz

(depending on which height we're going with.)

Posted

I can make so many ridiculous faces it is basically what I do

Holy shit Sayuri how tall are you

Posted

The doctors say 5'0"

I got 6(2/3) heads. I'm not THAT short. :< I was almost there, okay!

Posted

You are so short. Why are you so short. Put your hand up to your face, with your palm at your chin. I bet your fingers don't make it past your eye socket.

Posted

Okay, we all know that my hands are tiny in comparison to everyone's... It wouldn't have worked even if I tried. -tries anyway- OH GODDAMMIT.