>Implying I would participate.

Posted

joykill

Posted

6253>1273

Posted (edited)

wwhats goin on in this rp landdwwellers

Edited by Teto
try using the green theme and reading purple, it's not a happy experience (see edit history)

Posted

wwhats goin on in this rp landdwwellers

because nothing would make our lives happier than having getting to talk to eridan every day

Posted

make a thread called "Talk (RP)"

I know what character I want to play as.

EDIT- we should put a small picture/bio in our signatures so we can keep track of who is what. Honestly, I won't be able to keep track of everyone's RP persona. maybe under a spoiler tag.

Posted

Working on Talk (RP)

Posted

I'd be 2ollux if that'd be okay.

If not than I don't know who I'd be.

Posted

idk you don't have to really be anything. Just whatever.

Posted

Was there ever a Homestuck/SBURB RP?

I think I've asked that before. Also actually, puppy no everything would be puppyed in seconds with the way most of us RP.

Posted

((i wouldnt be able to handle any OC anything in a HS, probably. especially trolls. idk why :<))

Posted

I'd be alright with a Homestuck RP, I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I can rp Eridan well. I DONT MEAN TO TOOT MY OWN HORN but among the Homestuck Werewolf Community I'm regarded as the best Eridan there is.

puppy you Knuckle.

Posted

Haha^ 

We thinking about RPs these days? Necropolis has his battle tourney idea and there's always folks in Establishing Hyrule, which is good because it keeps a constant pulse of activity in the RP section that helps to keep it relevant.

Something Phanta was talking about once gave me an idea. Not sure how close this was to his idea now because it was a while ago, but here it is. We all make characters and roll stats. The RPs are run in a D&D-like fashion by a DM/GM, who plays the part of all elements of the world outside of the players' control. We choose these characters and use them for different short RPs.

Like how anybody was free to host a Werewolf game; writing and controlling it to whatever degree they felt comfortable, anybody could host a campaign or quest-based storyline, inviting people to join the quest as a party of fighters. Of course you could probably drop and pick up different characters as you see fit, and it would be up to the specific campaign DM whether they would allow your character to join. Characters would be pretty standard and unimportant I imagine, but again it depends on what the DM is looking for when running their campaign; perhaps they need some special characters as plot points, who knows. Up to the DM whether they want your character in.

This could include Necropolis' battle idea as he could host any battle scenes or possible inter-player conflicts (and perhaps these scenes would prove popular enough to launch an independent battle thread).

I was introduced to D&D with a turn-based barfight, so I feel like that would be a good enough place to start. And since the fantasy world isn't very important we might as well say we're in Hyrule, which is as standard a fantasy world as any, really.

It's a time of peace, but not necessarily prosperity. There's no oncoming hint of war, but tensions can still be high in the poorer areas of the land (time period and nature of the land/social situation can be changed if the DM wants). For the sake of flexibility for the DM, Hyrule is a much larger than the Legends dictated. It has many of the expected fixtures as in the games (whichever you like; doesn't have to be consistent with any continuity), plus extra settlements never mentioned in the scrolls which dictated the stories of Hyrule. Everything gets narrower after repeated retellings, and stories get more concise. 

With this you'll have enough flexibility to write whatever kind of quest or campaign as you would like. You can write it however you like; the world might be gritty and unforgiving, or light and accessible as the games. Don't get too weighed down on being consistent with the worlds others have created.

Any thoughts on this?

Having a series of interweaving RP threads allows people to be involved in whatever kind of story they like while feeling part of a larger whole. I feel like this could be a draw for the site.

Posted

Necropolis: I was thinking of just starting a Barfight thread right now, but if you would rather do something like that then go for it. If not say so though, because I'm willing to start it up. Giving you first dibs.