Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Moon

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I am wondering HOW THE HECK DID THE MOON TURN EVIL?! Well I know scull kid did it, but where did he get the idea?

CidaShipiniZH likes this

Posted

I think it's because the Giants abandoned him after finding the Majora's Mask, and becoming evil. He became upset, so he wanted revenge on everyone and everything. The moon is big enough just to do that.

Posted

I think the moon was just always like that?

The Skull Kid just brought it down.

The Giants and the moon seem to have no relationship or backstory with Majora's Mask.

But I'd consult Stone Tower of Babel theory just to be safe.

Posted

I think the moon is so bitter because he's never seen daylight. Poor moon.

Also did we ever consider that maybe it was the moon's gravitational pull that flooded Hyrule???

puppy WHAT WIND WAKER SAYS HAPPENED.

Posted

Maybe the skull kid was all lonely and moping at night, with no one but the moon for company. Probably decided he wanted the moon to be closer to him for that reason.

I like Sideli's theory about WW there. I had another crackpot theory last week concerning MM, which I think I mentioned in IRC, involving the cows. I should post that as another topic, though.

Posted

Isn't that the other timeline thoughISNT THAT THE OTHER TIMELINE THOUGH

Posted

shut up nerd you know nothing about the fable of zelda

Posted

I read somewhere that the moon in Termina is usually bearing a smiley face on it's cratery surface, but Majora's Mask's influence and the whole GONNA DRAG YOU DOWN TO EARTH TO DIE thing kinda made the poor wee moon depressed, so now it cringes (and hence why there are moon's tears!)

:< the moon's as much a victim in this game as everyone else!!! So woobie.

Posted

wait does the moon even orbit in that game or does just slowly move towards the land? Maybe the moon is mad because he doesnt get to orbit like the rest of the moons. Personally I'd be pretty pissed if I had to look at the same old shit all day long instead of moving around and seeing everything.

Posted

PHEO PHEO

WW and MM are in the same timeline I think

Because KoRL tells you that when Link left Hyrule (presumably for Termina), he separated himself from everything that made him a hero, and so the Triforce of Courage left him and scattered itself about. That's why you have to collect Triforce pieces from the bottom of the ocean (Hyrule)

The Skull Kid probably animated the moon when he decided to bring it down, because moons don't have faces and Zelda always follows real life logic

Posted

I've never been a timeline expert, but doesn't the story of the KORL refer to how adult link travelling back to the past and leaving future Hyrule split the Triforce of courage?

Also, I remember the moon above Terminia disintegrating at the end of Majora's Mask, so I always though it was just a fake moon or something.

Posted

O I SEE! Well first off I'm new here so I didn't really get the chance to study your timeline. I am not an expert at the games either. I just watched all of them on youtube. But thx for the info! :thanks:

Posted

I think the Moon is angry. But like the skull kid, it felt Majora's wrath, and didn't have control. The moon crashing to Clock Town was always the Skull Kid's fault, and everything the Skull Kid did was the Mask's fault, and the mask was just like magical majora spirit or something

so Majora --> Mask --> Skull Kid --> Moon

"I shall consume everything" line is actually coming from Majora, but it's the moon saying it

also wtf about the moon's playground, like was that purgatory or something. that map was so unnecessarily huge fuuuu

Posted

I know this is REALLY old, but it's also one of the top threads in this little section here.

I never considered that the moon was evil at all. I thought it was forced into the matter. Isn't that why it shed a tear?

Posted

But then when it reached the ground, it said stuff about destroying/eating the world etc. So who knows, maybe it was also under actual mind control?