Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Regarding cows

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So the other week I was playing through Ocarina of Time: Master Quest when one of the dungeons really caught my attention. If you've played the game you probably know which one I'm talking about: Inside King Jabu Jabu's Belly.

For those who haven't played it, one of the first things you see in the Master Quest version of this dungeon is that there are cow heads sticking out of the walls. That has to be one of the biggest WTF moments in Zelda game history.

So then I started wondering how the cows got there in the first place. I immediately thought about those poor cows from Romani ranch which the aliens take for some reason. Maybe the aliens take the cows as a sacrifice to Lord Jabu Jabu, and you're seeing their semi-digested remains.

Being a mystical fish/whale/thing, it's entirely possible that Lord Jabu Jabu can travel to other parallel dimensions and times. I've heard theories that he and the Windfish are one and the same. He might be worshipped by all kinds of peoples, and when he feels like some red meat he visits the aliens from Majora's Mask.

The theory needs work, but what do you guys think?

Posted

Maybe the Zoras are a big customer for Lon Lon Ranch.

link4427 likes this

Posted

Maybe. I thought they preferred to feed him fish.

Posted

I always felt bad for having to shoot the cows and use them as switches in Jabu-Jabu :C It was just so sadssss. Womb Levels are always just puppyed up places lol. oh the memories of Clanker's Belly as a 6 year old...

Anyways, I just thought cows were maybe just, bigger and more important sacrifices for big sad whale on special days for Zoras? iunno something I made up in my head to explain it all away, like with most things in Zelda (apart from Tower of Babel theory etc). But I like this idea better lol, there should totally be a space whale cameo in Skyward Sword gosh. Continue the tradition of unexplainable whales nintendoooo! :c

Also this reminds me of that poor star whale from doctor who from one of the only episodes I ever watched :'c

Posted

2011-06-23-344-JabuJabu.jpg

Posted

Oh, my. I thought this thread had died. Bigger offerings would make sense.

I think I need to check out Brawl in the Family, because it looks pretty good.

Posted

I need to finish my archive binge of Brawl in the Family. It is good.

Posted

ya its p good

Posted

I love that picture xD