Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Little Pony Werewolf - Town Win! And Kaffles!

1282 posts in this topic

Posted

no saha burst isn't hitting someone

it's like "I'll burst you" as in "I'll give you a burst lip" in a way, though it's been used to often I guess it doesn't mean burst lip specifically.

It's just beating someone up in general okay. It's not interchangeable with hit or something.

also what the puppy is square go

so ignorant

Posted

Nobody ever says square go Teto, you're fine gosh.

Really can we just drop this now.

Posted

:< ok lol

p. much, though, Jareddude, it's like, certain members are part of the factions of either town (protagonists), wolves (antagonists), and independents (independents). There's a day and a night phase. No one knows who everyone else is. It's the town's job to use deduction and their own abilities to seed out the wolves, then either get someone with a killing ability to kill them, or vote to kill them during the day. When a person is dead, they are unable to participate in the game any further, unless an ability resurrects them. (For this purpose, you shouldn't share or ask for information even after someone's been killed, and, in general, you shouldn't be talking about the game's happenings outside the thread.) When all the wolves are dead, the town wins. When the wolves outnumber the town, the wolves win. Independents have separate win conditions that can be anything.

It is the game master's job to keep the thread user friendly, updating the vote counts, updating a link list for significant events, posting the start of the day, or the end of the day (typically with death scenes, and optional story progression, though a plot can't be static with such a variable game), and to record and put into action all the events that take place during the night. You'll see Cascade posting the vote counts every once in awhile. If the number of votes, at any time, for any person, amounts to over one half of the total players, that person is lynched. The game master can change any rules to suit his or her needs.

On day one, typically, we don't have any information whatsoever regarding the roles or alignments (factions) of the other players. So either the day phase ends (through a time limit) or we lynch a random person.

A bandwagon is when we suddenly or gradually vote for one person, to either progress the day, or so we can pressure that person. The phrase in full is "to hop on the bandwagon", which is just saying you're going to go with popular opinion, because it's popular opinion.

Scum is just a lame word. :< lame lame lame

say wolf instead. It makes you cooler. p. much, though, it just means that someone is an antagonist.

There are also town roles with jargon for them, like a "jester", I think. A jester is an independent that wins by getting lynched. Most are self explanatory, like any variation of healer.

If you ever want to GM your own game, remember, all of the rules are up to the game master. None of this is set in stone. In the past, we've added a bunch of new or unique mechanics and playstyles, from Aethix's rooms, to my [lynch GM to] time travel, to pheo's drawn out (in both senses) death scenes.

Items aren't going to be a part of this game, but they're significant in that they can let you do something you're normally unable to do, or because they're significant when given to someone else. The rule, for most games, was that you could either use an ability or use/give an item. I never really paid attention to the other games' item mechanics, since they weren't a huge part of the game, or I didn't receive an item, but I did away with the rule, just as Cascade did away with items in general for this game.

Which just goes to show the flexibility of Werewolf.

so yeah

Play werewolf today! (;

Sahaqiel

Posted

pheo's drawn out (in both senses) death scenes.

I don't think I ever finished dying in that game.

From what I remember it ended with me fighting some huge monster and being a general badass. :\

Posted

Hey hey hey, I wanna play :D

Posted

Yayy 18 players =D Lol that's signups closed for definite now, I probably couldn't think of many more roles lol.

Anyways, hoping Chimetals gets back from holiday soon so we can start the gameeee >:

Posted

Do we get to pick who we are?

Posted

I am a floppy, dead fish flopping all over the lace

Posted

...No Jared, that would kinda ruin the entire point of Werewolf. You're not supposed to know who everyone's character is, and your role is randomly selected by me lol. So yeah.

Posted

BUT I WANTED TO BE FLUTTERSHY ;;;;;;;;

Ah, It doesn't matter. Can't wait!

Posted

You could start the game now.

It's only the first day and Chimetals should be back during night.

Your move.

Posted

Should we get our roles?

Posted

Yeah go get yours.

Posted

How