Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Majora's Mask Easter Eggs

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm surprised nobody created this topic sooner, since Majora's Mask is full of cool easter eggs and extras! These are a few of the ones I've found, but feel free to post your won.

-If you go to the roof of Ikana Castle, you can jump from pillar to pillar on the side opposite where you obtained a piece of heart. At the end, there's a small paper airplane resting on the last pillar. Very strange, and probably my favorite easter egg.

-If you visit the swordsman's school during the eve of the carnival, the teacher will be missing. Climb up the ledge and cut the board in the back of the room to find him hiding in a secret area. At any other time, you can aim Zora Link's boomerangs at the cuttable board to get rupees.

-On the Masks subscreen, The Keaton, Don Gero, Bunny hood, Bremen, and Scent masks are arranged in the same line. Each mask represents a character from Star Fox (Fox, Slippy, Peppy, Falco, and Pigma, respectively).

-There are a couple ways to interact with Dampe. Kill all the bats in Ikana Graveyard during the day and talk to Dampe to get some rupees. Talk to him with the garo/captain's hat/gibdo mask to scare him, making him SPRINT toward his house and stay in for the rest of the day.

Feel free to contribute!

Posted

Ohhh I love all the easter eggs in Majora's Mask! Such a cleverly detailed game <333 Here are a few:

1) Wear the Captain's Hat before you go over to Igos du Ikana after defeating his two skeleton lackeys. He will then mistake you for the actual Captain Keeta before realising how tiny you are. It's such a small detail and it's kinda sweet, for a dead skeleton king anyways.

2) Wear the Bremen Mask in the battle with Igos du Ikana's lackeys and start marching. They will start dancing and follow along with you. It is really cute lol.

3) Go to the Laundry Pool on Night 2 and jump in the river to collect those pesky red rupees that are stuck behind the river gate every other day.

4) There is a crow (called a Guay?) that flies around the town walls in Termina Field. Play one of the four temple songs (Sonata of Awakening, Goron Lullaby, New Wave Bossa Nova and the Elegy of Emptiness for clarification sakes) when it flies by you and it will start dropping rupees, starting from 1 rupee and working up to the more valuable rupees!

I can think of many more but I'll let other people do the work for me :> aaaa <3 MM so much gosh

Posted

Thank you Cascade!

The Song of Time saves your game and makes you start at Day 1 again

On the first day, there's a blue-haired kid with a Pikachu mask on who comes out from a locked door by the laundry pool and puts a letter in a mailbox. Just a small Easter egg. Kinda pointless.

Psh, amateur.

Posted

The rc boat easter egg is also one of my favorites.

Posted

Amateurs indeed. jk jk

A couple to throw out there.

-Anything the guay steals can be bought back at the curiousity shop in the middle of the night.

-There are bobble head dogs everwhere that bounce up and down with the tremors of the moon.

-Sakon is the only NPC in the series that Link can kill. In the first night event where you aid the old woman he steals from, hitting the bag with the arrows or hook shot will result in an explodered Sakon. Any event that involves him (such as the couple's mask side quest) will no longer be performable unless you restart.

-During the Sakon's hideout part of the Couple's mask side quest, you can equip link with a transformation mask like Zora, Deku, or Goron. Upon changing to Kafie you can still change what Link is wearing or has equiped. But switching the worn mask to the Fierce Diety mask (usually not wearable outside of a boss battle) will force Link to put it on when your control returns from Kafie to him. Congrads, you can now play as Fierce Diety outside of a boss battle. The issue? You can't use items (so you best finish the hideout lest you get stuck there forever) and your only have the last few minutes of the 3 day suquence to play him (however there are ways around that...).

-Slashing any of Skullkid's drawings will result in rupees.

-North of the town, along the wall near the Dodongos, there is a staff complete with a song to play. If you bring up the Ocarina and play the song (some of them random, some from OOT) you get free rupees. The number is based on how fast you play I believe, and you get one shot per night with every night giving you a different randomized song.

Majora's mask is an amazingly deep game filled not just with hidden easter eggs, but a lot of hidden symbolism too! But lets not go into that. X3