How long do you think Skyward Sword will be?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Wannabes? Wait, is it for the people new to the saga or the so called casual-players? Bffft. the more the merrier, we all were starting at some point and not everyone goes at the same pace.

<--- it is rather slow and easily distracted while moving around the game, wasting time like a headless chicken. XD

I don't know. I am in the understanding some side-quests are still necessary to progress through the story and you will take hours to go from dungeon to dungeon no counting the mingling, so I am not sure.

I think it will be around 30 hours if you focus in the main plot, simply because Nintendo said it'd be around 40 for SS and some time ago when TP was the one coming out they said 50 hours for storyline and many people finished ten hours earlier, so I think people familiar with the concept can pull it quick enough to eat five or ten hours from their first play. That aside I really hope that the side-quests add at least 20 more hours, and of course, they are enjoyable and not simply chores.

Either way I won't make The Deku Tree into The Water Temple if things are not that way, I just want to feel immersed into this new adventure and enjoy the journey.

Posted

I have finished the game twice so far. Got it Firday morning (came out 18th in Europe) and finished it late Sunday evening. My play time at that time was around 43 hours, that's including some of the side quests though. As a side note, that means I spent almost 15 hours a day for three days straight doing nothing but playing Skyward Sword. :P

My second playthrough took me about 19 hours, so I finished that one earlier today. Played for about 12 hours yesterday and finished the remaining 7 today.

The next step is to complete both files 100 %. (:

Posted

miyamoto every time dont really is right with how long a loz game is,at least by me.i every time play them 200-300 hours longer then he says,as for oot3d ok 600 hours longer,so it cleary depents on the gamer althought its sometimes as he says but it comes from how much you like it 'n if you get bored or not from it.

Posted

You did not spend 600+ hours on Ocarina of Time. Like, how is that possible unless you walk away from your tv for days at a time?

Posted

Actually I could not be less surprised that it took this guy 600 hours to beat OOT.

Posted

I have like 500 hours in melee, total, over the course of years of save data

Posted

Thats really cool

Posted

Over the course of Skyward Sword, there was about 40 hours, including sidequests (Not all). It's doubled now, due to Hero Mode though.