Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Torch-Chucking, Windmills, and Lawls

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Aight. If there is a topic of Saha's great panel from tonight, just delete this or move it or something. Its 2 am and I just need to get these fantastic feelings out before I drop dead tired.

So originally tonight was going to be a normal night. Come home from work, browse interwebs until maybe 11, fall asleep in bedroom.

However when I came on here and saw the link posted for Saha's panel, I now had no bedtime until this glorious thing was done. xD I mean I'd heard of Saha doing panels for the movie but I never got to see one. I came in a little late (well, not too late. Maybe around the part where Link meets Malon and Talon for the first time) but I watched from there until the end.

Saha, you have made my night and I cannot express how great you are. xD The panel was hilarious, and I even got my brother into watching a bit of it before he nodded off to bed (we both really, really liked that first torch-chucking scene. OhmyGod. X'D)

I wish I could've chatted in the Hnet chat as well but I tried a bunch of times until I realized I had to create an account. I didn't want my internet connection to go screwy either (it does that sometimes if I close tabs or refresh or blabbedy blah), so while I wasn't chatting, I was there and watching!

And I really want one of those windmill badges. lgnmfinh you should organize shipping of those things. Jealous of all the lucky Hnet people who were there too! c:

Anyways, finishing this off now because I really should get to bed. Thank you, Saha, for making my night and my second watch-through of the movie just that much more entertaining.

"What do you think he's going to use next?"

*Chat* I hope its another torch!

lkghjnrn love you guys. xDD

[Discuss your thoughts of Saha's performance here if there hasn't already been a topic created for it! xD; ]

Posted

oh cool Eka watched it with us! =D

and yessssss it was awesome and it was totally worth staying up til 8am for Saha. Even though I have no will to go sleepies now lololol. The commentary really added to it and lollll this movie, it really did live up to my expectations (hilariously awful expectations u nooooo)

Poor Goron man though, Link is such a dickkkkkk :< and lol torch-throwing scenes, and lol the windmill I WANT A BADGE KINDA I'D PAY FOR SHIPPING AND SHIT HRRRRRGGGGG. <3 great job con guys nice streammmm.

Posted

THIS IS NOW THE PHEO AFTERPARTY THREAD

inlRm.png

you guys got more screenshots than this right

Also, Bunnehlicious or whoever was behind that bot (Bunnehlicious is a bot right) was a total dick when I tried advertising the stream to the #chat in paradox.

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: EVERYONE

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: LISTEN TO ME QUICKLY

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: SAHAQIEL OF #ZELDA IS HOSTING A PANEL RIGHT NOW LIVE AT NATSUCON

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: ITS THE MOVIE HERO OF TIME

[11:04pm] • Whorey falls over

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: BASED ON THE GAME OCCARINA OF TIME

[11:04pm] Pheonix561: http://www.justin.tv/silentscuffle#/w/1615939632

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: ITS A REALLY BAD MOVIE AND HES COMMENTING ON IT LIVE

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: AND EVERYONE IS LAUGHING

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: THERES LIKE SIXTY PEOPLE IN THIS ROOM WATCHING THIS

[11:05pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: !k Pheonix561

[11:05pm] You were kicked from the chat room by KinKeh-HoOKeR. ((BuNnEhLiCiOuS (MaLiCiOuS)) No reason given)

[11:05pm] Topic changed to "ParadoxIRC is looking for new staff!! If you are interested in becoming staff visit: http://pastebin.com/maa9q3Et | <Alia> I hear joah is shemale" by KinKeh-HoOKeR.

[11:05pm] You rejoined the room.

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: that hurt bro

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: its like

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: its like you dont even know me anymore :(

[11:05pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: it might hurt more if i ban you

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: man

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: bunnehs a bot right

[11:05pm] Pheonix561: is that bertrum back there or something

[11:06pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: no

[11:06pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: but wd

[11:06pm] Pheonix561: k well

[11:06pm] Pheonix561: figured there were some regulars in here that new sahaqiel

[11:06pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: i dont well

[11:06pm] Pheonix561: and that would be interested in that movie

[11:06pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: but that was annoying

[11:06pm] Pheonix561: or this stream

[11:06pm] Pheonix561: so I came in to be like "hey everyone jump in here"

[11:06pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: WELL DONT COME IN

[11:07pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: THE CHANNEL

[11:07pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: SPAMMING ABOUT IT RANDOMLY

[11:07pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: LIKE THIS

[11:07pm] BuNnEhLiCiOuS: AND MAYBE YOU WONT GET KICKED

[11:07pm] Pheonix561: man I thought this was supposed to be more active

[11:07pm] Pheonix561: figured there would be more people talking than just me

[11:07pm] FknBish: lol

[11:07pm] Pheonix561: anyways yeah here's the link join if it sounds fun seeya later http://www.justin.tv/silentscuffle#/w/1615939632

Posted

creepnx.png

Hai guys I'm Ben

:D

saha.png

Saha. IN ACTION.

:D

Great job guys! I really enjoyed it :)

Edit - I CAUSED A PHEO-SAHA FIGHT. I WINNNN

Posted

jared

those happen

all the puppying time

you are not special don't pretend this makes you special

Posted

Well excuuuuse me. >.>

: (

Posted

jared

those happen

all the puppying time

Thank you.

Also, I've got to hand it to Shaq. 10 or so minutes in, I was sad because, I wasn't really laughing or anything, since I'd already watched it and there were no super/subtitles. : ( But, Shaq's commentating on it made it so much better than when I watched it alone, ho my gosh lol. When he'd pause before something unexpected and then he'd be like "BAM!" or whatever the surprise was like the windmill scene. So great.

Good job, Shaq.

He deserves it, Yoshia.

Posted

jeegus, t1g, always making people feel un-special :<

"yaaaay, i found a new series and am super exciteddddd"

"STOP BEING A RABID FAN YOU SHIPPING WHORE"

anyway, saha always does a good job with the panels, keeps adding new stuff, too. this was my second time seeing it, and that torch scene just gets funnier every time i see it.

Posted

This was hilarious, the windmill and the fight with Ganondorf were probably my most favorite. Goron would of been better if I didn't already know about it, still very funny though.

Posted

Just in case you didn't know, I'm a Goron. lol

Posted

jared

those happen

all the puppying time

Thank you.

Once again, how the heck was i supposed to know?? That was the first one I saw!

Posted

I had to shut it down early :(. And then I slept for another 11 hours.

Posted

It was beautiful.

Posted

ty everyone. :>

Unfortunately, not as many people messed with the feedback forms, but the small amount of people who did gave it consistently positive (the best possible) feedback. Someone did circle over other 5/5 circles and folks wrote really great things like "the only downside to this panel was the pain from all the laughter", and this one, I didn't really understand in relation to the panel, but, "What do you think he's going to do next? Everything."

When I went to panelist check up, I talked to the panelist check up guy, and he got to me and was like, "Alright, which panel are you doing?" and I told him, and he was like, "Oh, you." and then he looked at his clipboard and looked back up with a slightly more shocked expression, and said, "Oh. You."

When I asked him why he added the emphasis, it was apparently because by word of mouth, he learned about how successful my first panel at Natsucon was, and was p. impressed and a bit surprised. My panel was three hours in the time slot, but they added two hours of padding time to the end of it. I like to think this was on purpose.

I honestly apologize, though. I was not at the top of my game that night. It was a combination of the nervousness from stream problems, mental weariness, my lack of watching the video over twenty times as rehearsal, the sound not being very audible, the text not being very readable in the subtitled version, plus some discomfort with using three monitors at once arranged in a frustrating way.

All the videos were on the far left screen, all my example files were on a middle screen, and the video that I streamed was on the far right, and I didn't want to break the pace by fixing all their arrangements. My mind was really racing. ): I wanted to see what you were all saying, and I was hoping no one was leaving the stream. I went into it so fast that I actually forgot to record the thing, and forgot to explain the history of the panel. All the problems were taking their toll.

What I wanted to do was have it so one of the laptops was streaming the room from the webcam, superimposed onto the video somewhere, or vise versa. I didn't have time to test this. I hope you could all hear the audience. Despite my inability to work the crowd as much as I have previous panels (where there is almost constant laughter, and people coming in just to see what all the really loud laughter and yelling are about) the crowd was still very great, and I loved each and every one of you. <3

If I do this at another convention, (which I will definitely try to, if it's not in the area; I've literally done most cons in between Natsucon 2010 and Natsucon 2011, so I think I've done the panel seven times in a row) probably at Anime Central in Chicago, I will definitely try to stream this better next time, and get some sleep. (Consistently, I have had a sore throat at conventions. I recently realized this was because I consistently stay up all night before the convention starts.) Some of my friends go to my panel every time I do it, which I think is really great. You guys could attend at least one more time, if you want. I'll also be trying to do other panels about different things, (though I'll still be commentating) and I'll probably want to stream those too.

This is why I wanted you all to download my sub/surtitled version. :< It was p. much all my jokes, plus a bunch more, with a lot less falling flat or trailing.

But I'm glad you all enjoyed it. (:

Sahaqiel

Posted

My panel was three hours in the time slot, but they added two hours of padding time to the end of it. I like to think this was on purpose.

I honestly apologize, though. I was not at the top of my game that night.

If I do this at another convention, (which I will definitely try to, if it's not in the area; I've literally done most cons in between Natsucon 2010 and Natsucon 2010, so I think I've done the panel seven times in a row) probably at Anime Central in Chicago, I will definitely try to stream this better next time, and get some sleep.

This is why I wanted you all to download my sub/surtitled version. :<

I thought that said "paddling time".

Why are you apologizing, everyone had a great time from what I could tell of the constant laughter in the background of the stream after every joke. Serrosively, mang, you need to realize how amazing this is, even if you might not think you're at your best.

Between Natsucon 2010 and Natsucon 2010.

They probably didn't download it because I suck and everyone hates me. Plus, uploading it to Youtube would've been way better but, I suck.