Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo reveals Skyward Sword Release Dates

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo have announced the release dates for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword to be [b]November 18th (EU)[/b] and [b]November 20th 2011 (US)[/b].

Look forward to it. :)

Source: [url="http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/QeN8TUXNTFFoys-wPlDdQbEPs1XxySY1"]http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/QeN8TUXNTFFoys-wPlDdQbEPs1XxySY1[/url]

Posted

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Posted

Yup. Looking forward to it. Heard it will probably be the last Wii title, at least first-party-wise.

Posted

I refuse to believe there will not be a port. It makes no sense for this game not to show up on the wiiu, not when it's so close to coming out.

Posted

Yes it does, gosh.
OoX didn't port to the GBA. It just added some random functionality. Neither did MC -> DS, or even more prominently, MM -> Gamecube.

[i]Twilight Princess [/i]was in development for the Gamecube alone, then ported over to the Wii in a process that took a bit longer, so the Wii could have a good first party launch title, since it didn't have a lot of those. [i]Skyward Sword[/i] is meant to be a swan song for the Wii as a console, developed 100% for the Wii, so it won't have all those crazy mishaps that TP did in terms of working on something that isn't even important. Further, the Wii U has backwards compatibility lol. Even with controllers. Just like the Wii and the Gamecube. So it wouldn't really make sense for them to port it to the Wii U as an actual Wii U game when it doesn't have to showcase the capabilities of motion controls, and the Wii U can play the game regularly anyway. If anything, it would make sense for them to just have SS be able to use the Wii U's controller. Even then, precision slashing with a block is kind of weird sounding.

Do we even have a Wii U release date??
Sahaqiel