Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Future

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, it's been so long that the topic fell off the board. Whee.

Long story short, I'm developing a Zelda game in RPG Maker XP, and it will be a futuristic Zelda. The banner in my sig is a link to the forums, join up there and message me if you'd like to help, or you could just let me know here.

Wow, has it ever been a while. I have a new update, sort of. Just a little teaser showing an area of the game while I work on it. It's in black and white for secretive reasons. You'll notice the graphics are straight from LTTP. In this and some other areas, it will be, but most will have a heavily edited LTTP style, to fit the setting much better. Anything directly from LTTP will be in a separate area, for story purposes and all that.

map1.png

Posted

Looks cool,

Do you want any help with the project?

If so, just ask me.

Posted

Doesn't look very futuristic to me Zzz

Posted

Futuristic or not, I'll be happy to play another zelda-like game.

and Lttp graphics were pretty good for its time, and decent enough even by todays standards IMO.

Hows the game coming along?

Posted

It looks quite cool, but how futuristic will it be? I mean will link run around shooting people with a machin gun instead of his original bow? if it's in the future that shorely would be more afective...

Posted

Give Link pants. . .

Then it would be futuristic. . .

Posted

Give Link pants. . .

Then it would be futuristic. . .

Here are my ideas:

Give it some Elements of Boktai 2: solar Boys Django:

Wall Hugging

Different Items, Such as:

Guns

Swords

Megaton Hamma (Hammer)

Biggoron's Sword

Hover Boots

Fire and Water Tunics

Cars (YAY!)

Skyrises

Ability to go to real - world places, such as:

New York

Toronto

Teh Carribean

Sea Travel

Yatchs (Is that how's it's spelt?)

Museums

oh, and give it the Link they're using for TP 2D...Unless it has Copy rights....

And, Aside from Vacuum Bombs, how about:

Electro Bombs

Fire Bombs

Ice Bombs

Dark Bombs

Void Bombs

And also have:

Fire Arrows

Ice Arrows

Lightning Arrows

Dark Arrows

Light arrows

Zora Shield

Goron Shield

Ice shield

Goron Mask

Zora Mask

FD Mask

Bomb Mask

Bunny Hood

Mask of Truth

A New (Perhaps Improved) :

Mask of LIES

Etc, Etc....

Ye Get da point (You get the point).

Posted

Here's some more work in progress. This is the humble beginning of an apartment building. Right now I'm working with brighter colours while editing, but I'll dim them later. I may also change the bricks, I'm not sure I like them yet, and I might even make the walls into grey stone. I still have to edit the roof, change the windows, edit the shadow, and change the door's shape and colour. Nothing here should be made of wood, so I'll be changing all the wood to metal, the windows to glass, etc.

apartmentcopy.png

This is mainly a prototype apartment, I'll likely make the building wider as I go along.

@Twili: What sort of help could you give?

@goron merchant: Link will have pants XD.

@Zuzu: Game's coming fine so far. I'm getting ready to do a lot of tiling work, on maps and stuff. If I weren't so lazy, I could be done with city buildings already.

@HM: As I said, this particular area I've shown is not futuristic, and not meant to be. Other areas will be, and I'll begin to show some of these in days to come. This area I've shown is actually, if you really wanted to analyze every element of it, quite a big hint about the storyline of the game.

@forbiddenforest: Lasers are the way of the future, my friend. The big, bad military will make use of lasers as much as they can. Link will too, in a more unique way.

@Hylian Twili: I'm not exactly taking requests. Most of the items have already been planned, sprited and written into the story. XD That is a long post.

Posted

Here's some more work in progress. This is the humble beginning of an apartment building. Right now I'm working with brighter colours while editing, but I'll dim them later. I may also change the bricks, I'm not sure I like them yet, and I might even make the walls into grey stone. I still have to edit the roof, change the windows, edit the shadow, and change the door's shape and colour. Nothing here should be made of wood, so I'll be changing all the wood to metal, the windows to glass, etc.

apartmentcopy.png

This is mainly a prototype apartment, I'll likely make the building wider as I go along.

@Twili: What sort of help could you give?

@goron merchant: Link will have pants XD.

@Zuzu: Game's coming fine so far. I'm getting ready to do a lot of tiling work, on maps and stuff. If I weren't so lazy, I could be done with city buildings already.

@HM: As I said, this particular area I've shown is not futuristic, and not meant to be. Other areas will be, and I'll begin to show some of these in days to come. This area I've shown is actually, if you really wanted to analyze every element of it, quite a big hint about the storyline of the game.

@forbiddenforest: Lasers are the way of the future, my friend. The big, bad military will make use of lasers as much as they can. Link will too, in a more unique way.

@Hylian Twili: I'm not exactly taking requests. Most of the items have already been planned, sprited and written into the story. XD That is a long post.

*Says in Scottish Accent* I Dun Think I can do nothing for this Project. *End of Scottish Accent* But ok then, If most of the things I suggested are in there.

Could you leak a bit of the Storyline? Plz? PLZ? PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE?????

Nah, Ye don't have to.

*Doctor evil* BOUNCE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE, FOR US......

Posted

If you want some story goodness, click the banner in my sig and browse the story thread in there.

Posted

Sounds/Looks great.

Will we all get free copies? :D

Posted

Sounds/Looks great.

Will we all get free copies? :D

*Raises EyeBrow* WILL WE????

C'MON...

Y'KNOW YE WAAAANNNT TOOOOO.....

Posted

I can help with spriting and tiling ect.

I'm not good with the coding and such.

But if you look in the zelda future site on the Projects thread, there is a game I made. But that is by no means my best work, actually it is quite half-assed.

Posted

Everyone will get free copies, I can't charge for copyrighted material.

Posted

Everyone will get free copies, I can't charge for copyrighted material.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

1111!!!!!!!!!!248HAXX!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol JK :lol: