Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Journey Home

6 posts in this topic

Posted

My name is Conrad Simms...

I was Born October 8th 1982 to Ralph Simms and Helen Beaumont-Simms...

I live in Atlanta Georgia...

This is my story

Part One: A Hell of a Day

I was not the brightest of guys. Ths doctors called me "learning disabled" and so after school my career choices were limited. My mother got me a job at the A&P stocking shelves. Soon they moved me up to bagger and finally cashier.

That night I had clocked out around midnight and because I lived fairly close I walked. The sky was clear and it was a crisp night which made walking easier. I noticed a point of light high in the sky moving slowly, at first I thought it was a plane but that changed as it dropped like a stone to the ground far below.

The light just hovered there two feet off the ground. I watched as it shifted from green, to blue, red, blue then back to green. I could feel a buzzing in my head, the more I tried to block it out the louder it got until I relented.

"Touch the light." a voice said

I touched the orb and felt myself drift off.

I woke in a large circular white room, my clothes were gone replaced with a greyish jumpsuit with matching slippers.

I slid of the hovering platform I was on and made for the door. The door sensed my movement and slid open revealing a large room with panels lining the exterior walls as well as interior colums and a seat in the center.

"Hello?" I asked aloud

"Hello." a voice responded.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"This way." the voice replied.

The silver tiles on the floor began to glow forming a path to a nearby door.

"Follow the path Conrad Simms." the voice asked.

I followed the path and entered the door. The interior was similar to the room I woke, except where I had a floating bed there was a large cylinder full of purple goo.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I am here." the voice announced eminating from the goo.

The goo began to swirl and formed into a sort of face.

"Who...what are you?" I asked.

"My name is Fen. I am what you would call an alien. I come from the planet Harnohx."

"This is a UFO?" I asked

"Yes this is my ship, The Stratos 9."

"How did you build it...no offense but you're just a tub of goo." I said

"As I am now, is not what I've always been. You see not long ago we Harnohxi were quite similar to you humans then came the sickness."

"The sickness?"

"A plague swept across our system infecting entire colonies and eventually our home world. The plague broke down our bodies turning us into...well goo is an apt descriptor. Our science saved us and we struck out among the stars."

"Why?" I asked

"To find you." he said

"Me...why me?"

"You're special."

"You sound like my mother. Special is code for Retarded."

"Hardly Conrad Simms. You have the most advanced mind of any human we encountered. In fact you are the most advanced form of life in the seven systems. That is why we brought you here."

"Brought me where?" I asked

As I spoke a nearby wall shifted becoming a sort of window and beyond that was a gleeming city of crimson towers set among a briliant emerald sky.

I exited the ship and followed a path to the central tower, inside was a large space resembling an Earth cathedral with a strange chair in the center. Sitting in the audience were thousands of Harnoxhi in various stages of Gooification.

"Conrad Simms" a voice announced.

As I stood there the crowd began to chant in a strange alien language.

"Please come forth" the voice asked.

"Prepare to recieve the gift." i said.

I cautiously sat in the chair and watched as this odd band came down and wrapped across my head.

"Activate the Halo." the voice said.

As I sat there I could feel a kind of warmth, I didn't hurt but rather it felt like the sun on the first day of summer.

"Ah a synaptic data transferrence very inspired." I said.

"It's working." the voice said "Increase to full."

I could feel everything, the whole of their history and culture flowing into my brain. There science and technology even religious beliefs.

"I'm a repository!" I said aloud.

"Yes Conrad Simms, you are the vessel of our specie's accomplishments. You will use our knowledge to usher in a new era of peace for your people. Now to get you home before..."

The ground began to shake violently followed by melodic humming.

"A Guician Tectonic charge!" I said instantly recognising the sounds.

"The planet is under attack, you must flee Conrad Simms." the voice said.

I ran out of the Cathedral and back to the Stratos.

"I'm here Fen open the door." I shouted

"I cannot Conrad Simms, if we take off the Stratos 9 will be blown out of the sky, it's speed is no match for the Guice armada...however the StarJammer is."

The platform next to us began to rise revealing a sleek ship that almost looked human in design.

"You must pilot the StarJammer while I give you support."

"But I don't know how to...oh wait I do." I said.

"That is the secret of the transference. The knowledge is kept in your brain held by psychic locks. The knowledge will be held safely behind the locks until it is needed."

"why not just give it to me all at once." I asked.

"Because If you were to access each bit of data all at once it would burn you from the inside out. This way you safely absorb the knowledge in small amounts.

I jumped into the Jammer and activated atmospheric shields. subspace curtain and quantum slipstream engine.

"Are you ready Conrad Simms?" Fen asked.

"You bet Fen let's show these guys what a human can do."

The Stratos took off and I followed. The Guice Armada ships created a blockade around the planet with the gaps closed off with Guician Shard craft light, fast and heavily armed attack ships.

"They see us Conrad, break off and make for the Slipstream ovoid." Fen said

I watched as the Stratos broke off and attackedva group of Shards allowing me to slip through. As I did a pair of Shards emerged from a nearby ship and came up on me.

"We are being targeted." the ships automated system warned.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Firing weapons is a good start." the computer said.

"Right weapons...umm, Computer activate rear visual display."

The wall infront of me flickered to life showing a view of what was behind.

"Activate Transoid energy Cannons and fire on the lead ship."

"TranCannon firing."

A blast of red energy flashed out of the weapons back and impacted the lead ship. The thing exploded taking the second Shard with it.

"Slipstresm Ovoid in range." ship announced.

"Activate it."

The Ovoid, a massive ring of super dense Felcurkon ore switched on. The energy swirled within creating an artificial singularity for instantanious travel across curved space.

"GO!" I shouted

As I watched the Stratos break up behind us the Jammer entered the Ovoid. All at once the universe slipped away and we began to tumble across the innerspace.

"Alert..Alert Slipstream collapsing." Ship said.

I jumped back into the command chair as the Slipstream broke around us returning the Jammer to normal space.

"Ship what happened?" I asked

"Slipstream Ovoid vaporized at source." ship said.

"Where are we...are we close to Earth?" I asked.

"Distance to Earth, 10 million lightyears." Ship said.

I watched as a map of the Solar System shifted into a top view of the Milky Way with the Solar System on the far side of the Celestial spiral and us near the Galactic center.

"Ship is there another Slipstream Ovoid?" I asked.

"Indeed, there is another in the Aknow system."

"Great chart a course for the Aknow system and activate Spacial hop."

I sat back in my chair and as ee blasted off I knew that adventure was just starting.

Posted

*Claps*

Posted

I was waiting for this to get vulgar and offensive. You have let me down mysterious erotic fanfic guy.

Posted

Where is Jaredloverxxx when we need him

Posted

I just had the best idea

Let's think of as many sci-fi concepts as possible and squeeze them into a story

we'll make millions

Posted

This story could be really good if the author adds another chapter.